Appearing offline on msn even though Im actually online.

McKnockout

Elite
Kin
2💸
Kumi
2,503💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't know why but recently, my msn has been having this problem.
When I sign in, I set myself to Online and yet to all my contacts I appear Offline. It makes me appear Offline, when Im actually not which is really annoying :|

Ive tried re-signing in, restarting my computer and allowing the program with my firewall - but nothing seems to work.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Or why this is happening?
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Legendary Broly

Legendary Broly

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
i'm going to test if i'm online .. and btw your offline :)
hmm i only appear offline when i first get on, however as i'm on for a while i appear online :)
cant help your problem though however, it sucks you went through all this trouble of restarting your computer and shieeet -.- i'll rep+ yah for all the hassle youve been through :D

Last edited:

McKnockout

Elite
Kin
2💸
Kumi
2,503💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
same fking problem. but tbh i like it.
Good to know that Im not the only one o-o
You like it? I dont.

Try uninstall and reinstall?
LOL. I just tried that and then I restarted my computer after I uninstalled it. Then when the computer has booted up, msn is still there. WDF.

Yeah, my computer is trolling me >_>

Mercy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think I know what you mean. That happens when you set yourself from "being Offline" back to Online. You have to to click that thing: (Althought obbiously it should be green when you set yourself back to Online.)

yazo.com/21c1919cd6dcdedf7ca360a15b6a0966.png?1340776957 (Copy the whole link, clicking on it doesn't work since NB blocked Gyazo and I am too lazy to separately upload it.)

Then there should be the Options "Online, Offline, Busy & Away" I think. And when you Hover online, another sub-menu should open which should say something like.

- Set yourself online for everyone in your list.
- Set yourself online for only selected people.

You should click the one that says "for everyone" and it should be fixed, I think.

Edit: Wait, you're saying that even when you chat with people, you appear as offline? Well I don't think that would fix it but you could try.

McKnockout

Elite
Kin
2💸
Kumi
2,503💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think I know what you mean. That happens when you set yourself from "being Offline" back to Online. You have to to click that thing: (Althought obbiously it should be green when you set yourself back to Online.)

yazo.com/21c1919cd6dcdedf7ca360a15b6a0966.png?1340776957 (Copy the whole link, clicking on it doesn't work since NB blocked Gyazo and I am too lazy to separately upload it.)

Then there should be the Options "Online, Offline, Busy & Away" I think. And when you Hover online, another sub-menu should open which should say something like.

- Set yourself online for everyone in your list.
- Set yourself online for only selected people.

You should click the one that says "for everyone" and it should be fixed, I think.

Edit: Wait, you're saying that even when you chat with people, you appear as offline? Well I don't think that would fix it but you could try.
I dont understand what to do :/

But yeah, even when I chat to people they see me as offline; when on my end I have set myself to online. This is Windows Live Messenger btw.

Mercy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I dont understand what to do :/

But yeah, even when I chat to people they see me as offline; when on my end I have set myself to online. This is Windows Live Messenger btw.
Yes, I use MSN as well.
But if the other people see you as a person being offline, I can't help you. This may sound stupid, but have you tried google yet?