RasenUchihaChaos

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Love his book and I'm confused in one book called WarBreaker here is A sword that has a conscious

And it's name Night something. Yet I read another book a while back different story whole other world and it shows up In That book as we'll

Also every book this author has there is some mysterious character with different looks yet always male named Hoid

Amazeballs

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was introduced to Sanderson after he finished the "Wheel of Time" series. I've since read Sanderson's "Mistborn" series, as well as the follow-up book "The Alloy of Law." I really like Sanderson's works; thru have a lot of genuine, likable characters (which is a nice contrast to all of the gritty, ultra morally-grey fantasy out there). Sanderson's magic systems are also pretty intricate. Basically, it's in the same style of epic fantasy as "Wheel of Time," and I can see why Sanderson was chosen as one of the best candidates to finish writing that series.

Also recommend Joe Abercrombie and Scott Lynch for the more "grey" stuff.

RasenUchihaChaos

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was introduced to Sanderson after he finished the "Wheel of Time" series. I've since read Sanderson's "Mistborn" series, as well as the follow-up book "The Alloy of Law." I really like Sanderson's works; thru have a lot of genuine, likable characters (which is a nice contrast to all of the gritty, ultra morally-grey fantasy out there). Sanderson's magic systems are also pretty intricate. Basically, it's in the same style of epic fantasy as "Wheel of Time," and I can see why Sanderson was chosen as one of the best candidates to finish writing that series.

Also recommend Joe Abercrombie and Scott Lynch for the more "grey" stuff.
I have several of his book but I want to know why the same sword appears in two different worlds and the one guy Hoid is in all the books

I 1st heard if the sword u. WarBreaker yet radiance book after way if kings the sword appears and Szeth is going. To use him/it
He is even in Elantris and MistBorn

And now I'm seeing apparently Zahel is Vasher ......... Wtf?

Last edited:

cryhwks

Veteran
Kin
321💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I started off with WoT a tough thing to do for any writer but I think he handled it great.

Then I read his Stormlight series really love those books.

Then Alcatraz vs series is I think really good and very underrated and very much looking forward to the final book in that series finally.

And recently and by recently I mean this week I got into The Reckoners Series which I devoured.

There a ton of superhero novel series now but this one is a lot different because the super powered people are all villains. And it's about humans trying to beat a evil Superman like character.

Because the main villain is basically Superman except instead of having heat vision he shoots energy out of his hands.

Last edited:

Rand al'Thor

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Love his book and I'm confused in one book called WarBreaker here is A sword that has a conscious

And it's name Night something. Yet I read another book a while back different story whole other world and it shows up In That book as we'll

Also every book this author has there is some mysterious character with different looks yet always male named Hoid
Hoid is one of the World hoppers. All of the books are interconnected. BS calls it the Cosmere. This Hoid dude can basically travel to all the gods. And that sword is the badass af. He is the best sword I have ever read about.

EDIT: Yeah Joe Abercrombie is good. Better than BS by a long margin tbh. Though's BS magic systems are so much more awesome.

I have several of his book but I want to know why the same sword appears in two different worlds and the one guy Hoid is in all the books

I 1st heard if the sword u. WarBreaker yet radiance book after way if kings the sword appears and Szeth is going. To use him/it
He is even in Elantris and MistBorn

And now I'm seeing apparently Zahel is Vasher ......... Wtf?
Vasher is also a world hopper. There are some beings that can world hop. Hoid is one op character. He cannot be killed by anything. He was present during the Shattering of Adonalsium.

donalsium is a mysterious term used in the cosmere, which could refer to the power of Creation or a god. It has not been revealed what Adonalsium explicitly is, but its power is seen in the Shards of Adonalsium, which act as imperfect gods in the cosmere. In The Way of Kings[1] it is implied that there are sixteen Shards.

It has been confirmed that Hoid was present when Adonalsium Shattered[2], that the Shattering left exactly the sixteen Shards it did for a specific reason[3][4], and that the shattering was intentional

There are like many shards which are for all intents and purposes gods of each world. Like Sazed in the mistborn series combined two shards and became a god, Ruin and Preservation. Stormlight Archive has honor I think? Similarly Elantris and Warbreaker all have shards.

Last edited:
Reactions: RasenUchihaChaos