Anyone planning on celebrating Russian Christmas?

Dragonfly X

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
It is pretty uncommon, I've never found anyone else who celebrates it. But then again, no one does the egg competition with decorated eggs on Easter either :rolleyes: Anyone planning the 12 meals and all that junk? My family does a very laid back version of it, because it was my grandmother that was the reason we did it in the first place, and she passed away. But we get to have leg of lamb, and baklava and hopefully cheesecake, though probably not the last one. Anyone?

Xenomorphia

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
It is pretty uncommon, I've never found anyone else who celebrates it. But then again, no one does the egg competition with decorated eggs on Easter either :rolleyes: Anyone planning the 12 meals and all that junk? My family does a very laid back version of it, because it was my grandmother that was the reason we did it in the first place, and she passed away. But we get to have leg of lamb, and baklava and hopefully cheesecake, though probably not the last one. Anyone?
Not this year. I've got relatives from Serbia, so we do a similar thing. But not this year for me I live in Australia now, and they have no idea what christmas tradition is. In fact they have very little culture in my opinion. xd
And btw my country still does the Easter eggs, In fact we have the best looking one's :D

Dragonfly X

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Not this year. I've got relatives from Serbia, so we do a similar thing. But not this year for me I live in Australia now, and they have no idea what christmas tradition is. In fact they have very little culture in my opinion. xd
And btw my country still does the Easter eggs, In fact we have the best looking one's :D
Oh hellz no o_O
xd
You must be registered for see images

Reactions: Xenomorphia

Dragonfly X

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Well, idk really, my family doesn't really celebrate the religious part of it, we leave a lot out. Normally one would have like 12 meals, then go to the church (Russian Orthodox) then return and have a meal, and it's an all day affair. My family just has a lavish meal, with traditional foods, and it is quite an event. But not like the real thing. And we don't decorate. The egg thing was for Easter, which Russia is best at :p

Raidenuser

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Well, idk really, my family doesn't really celebrate the religious part of it, we leave a lot out. Normally one would have like 12 meals, then go to the church (Russian Orthodox) then return and have a meal, and it's an all day affair. My family just has a lavish meal, with traditional foods, and it is quite an event. But not like the real thing. And we don't decorate. The egg thing was for Easter, which Russia is best at :p
sounds nice. In England we used to paint eggs at Easter and local areas still have some weird traditions like rolling eggs down a hill and chasing them lol. Never heard of 12 meals a Christmas...when do you celebrate this? (dates - is it December 25th like us?)

Gilda

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Baklava rocks.

O.T: I don't celebrate it.

Xenomorphia

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Oh hell no :p

We may be small but are eggs are the prettiest xd