Animegoin

Veteran
Kin
4,124💸
Kumi
2,010💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So in the anime as Boruto and Shinki battled Urashiki, Boruto’s jougan activated by itself.
It didn’t allow him to see the chakra points as it did back in the Nue arc, however he was able to see where Urashiki’s portals would open from and how Urashiki would attack from them.

Urashiki also confirmed that Boruto’s eye is called the Jougan and stated that it is, “a troublesome eye.”

What a shitty series smh

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So in the anime as Boruto and Shinki battled Urashiki, Boruto’s jougan activated by itself.
It didn’t allow him to see the chakra points as it did back in the Nue arc, however he was able to see where Urashiki’s portals would open from and how Urashiki would attack from them.

Urashiki also confirmed that Boruto’s eye is called the Jougan and stated that it is, “a troublesome eye.”

What a shitty series smh
Yep, what a shitty series, I stopped watching it around mid Shitsuki arc.

Last full episode I watched was when Cho Cho was skinny.
Damn, I didn't even know she went skinny lol. I've been out for a year or so.

Just watched the episode, and I guess they got to give him some type of ability to fight isshiki
When the series relies on a mega level of arsepulls, you know it's trash.

Kin
926💸
Kumi
654💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You guys do realize that Boruto's Jougan showed the ability to see through dimensional barriers during the nue arc as well right? This is not some new random asspull. I don't know why you guys are acting like it is.

Besides, what did you guys expect from a completely new never before seen dojutsu? Did you really expect it to be some weak powerless eye? If that were the case, why even bother giving him the eye? He might as well have just been given a byakugan.

I don't know why you guys are so against Boruto getting stronger, but do keep in mind that Boruto will eventually have to face opponents that have proven to be capable of man-handling Naruto and Sasuke with extreme ease.

He will need to get much much stronger or else the NV Earth is doomed.

Reactions: LightSo6p

Animegoin

Veteran
Kin
4,124💸
Kumi
2,010💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You guys do realize that Boruto's Jougan showed the ability to see through dimensional barriers during the nue arc as well right? This is not some new random asspull. I don't know why you guys are acting like it is.

Besides, what did you guys expect from a completely new never before seen dojutsu? Did you really expect it to be some weak powerless eye? If that were the case, why even bother giving him the eye? He might as well have just been given a byakugan.

I don't know why you guys are so against Boruto getting stronger, but do keep in mind that Boruto will eventually have to face opponents that have proven to be capable of man-handling Naruto and Sasuke with extreme ease.

No one said it was an asspull, it’s just shit scripting in both of these arcs. Boruto’s Jougan just happens to activate when Nue’s portal opened once, then it randomly activated when its time to leave Nue’s dimension, and in this arc also YET it never activated when Sasuke opened his portal.

The Nue arc was so sloppy and made no sense at all. Boruto summoned Nue via summoning jutsu despite no Jougan activation, summoning contract or connection to the creature. Then later Lightning shoots out of Boruto’s eye, then a portal to Nue’s dimension opened yet no one knows whether Nue, Sumire or Boruto opened it. Then as they left Nue’s dimension Boruto’s Jougan activates for 5 seconds which allowed Boruto to see through the dimension, then it deactivated. Boruto was still able to punch through the dimension without his Jougan being actived so again, it was a shit show so let’s stop discussing that arc, below I’ll be talking about the current arc.

If you want to talk asspulls though, then let’s talk about the amount of shadow clones and Rasengan he made those clones use while his doujutsu was also activated; we should also be counting the clones he made in the episode prior. But if we’re not discussing bottomless chakra then there’s nothing to talk about and you’re just throwing a hissy fit for no reason.

Last edited:

Ansatsuken

Supreme
Kin
4,798💸
Kumi
649💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

There are plenty of idea for Boruto to get stronger without the need of lame concept like jougan.

We have Byakugan that if we trace the origin the eye it can dimensional travel and killing people just by staring at them.

We have Uzumaki blood inside Boruto. Where brilliant writer can use it, exploit it and expand the power of uzumaki. An unexplored territory. Give Boruto super powerful chakra chain jutsus which he needs to discover, unlock and learn. Make Boruto travelled to unknown place or territory where in there he found long lost treasure that's Uzumaki sacred scroll that contains thousand of jutsus.

To shape him to be very strong shinobi in the future like his Senju/Uzumaki predecessors.

For starter give Boruto large chakra reserve because he's related to Uzumaki-Senju-Hyuuga-Otsutsuki. Then give him Byakugan. I remember one of Kishimoto next generation conceptual illustration have Boruto with Byakugan eyes. The concept is very neat. And the next step develop his Byakugan power to reach Otsutsuki level bcuz Boruto is so special. Then focus on developing his Uzumaki specialty especially in fuinjutsu.

Talking about NV threat rn they aren't that stronger than Prime Kaguya unless they consumed CF. There is nothing suggest that Isshiki is planetary or dimension level
So I think the skillsets is enough for Boruto.

Kin
926💸
Kumi
654💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There are plenty of idea for Boruto to get stronger without the need of lame concept like jougan.

We have Byakugan that if we trace the origin the eye it can dimensional travel and killing people just by staring at them.

We have Uzumaki blood inside Boruto. Where brilliant writer can use it, exploit it and expand the power of uzumaki. An unexplored territory. Give Boruto super powerful chakra chain jutsus which he needs to discover, unlock and learn. Make Boruto travelled to unknown place or territory where in there he found long lost treasure that's Uzumaki sacred scroll that contains thousand of jutsus.

To shape him to be very strong shinobi in the future like his Senju/Uzumaki predecessors.

For starter give Boruto large chakra reserve because he's related to Uzumaki-Senju-Hyuuga-Otsutsuki. Then give him Byakugan. I remember one of Kishimoto next generation conceptual illustration have Boruto with Byakugan eyes. The concept is very neat. And the next step develop his Byakugan power to reach Otsutsuki level bcuz Boruto is so special. Then focus on developing his Uzumaki specialty especially in fuinjutsu.

Talking about NV threat rn they aren't that stronger than Prime Kaguya unless they consumed CF. There is nothing suggest that Isshiki is planetary or dimension level
So I think the skillsets is enough for Boruto.
It has never really been confirmed that the byakugan itself is responsible for interdimensional travel. As far as we know, that is just something that a bunch of Otsutsuki can do.

Kaguya used her rinne sharingan for it.

Urashiki and Sasuke use the rinnegan for it.

Jigen just uses the karma (no dojutsu at all)

Obito used the mangekyou sharingan to connect to Kaguya's dimensions

Momoshiki had both the rinnegan and the byakugan, but we never really saw him use whatever space-time technique that he used to traverse dimensions.
We saw Kinshiki in the anime use a kamui-like space-time jutsu, but we don't really know if that stemmed from his byakugan.

As for the whole killing people by staring at them thing, that was some weird unexplained filler. I could accept it, but that really should have been expounded on more.

Also, about your statement about the current threats not being stronger than Kaguya unless they ate chakara fruits:

The Otsutsuki have been established to have been eating chakara fruits for generations. Momoshiki alone has been seen eating several of them. It is likely that Isshiki has eaten his fair share as well.

Even if they did go the "normal shinobi" route (with Boruto not having anything special like the jougan), knowing this fanbase, you guys would still probably call asspull bad writing if Boruto became any stronger than Iruka.

Plus, Boruto doesn't have time for all these years of training. This isn't DB where they get warned about threats two or 3 years in advance like in the Saiyan saga or the android saga. In the NV, threats just come when they come.

I for one like the jougan. Maybe you can blame Kishi on this, but I kind of almost don't even have faith in the abilities of "normal" shinobi to be really powerful since back in Naruto you basically had to either be a jinchuuriki (of Kurama or the juubi), an Uchiha or Hashirama to reach top tier. Just look at Konoha 11. They weren't even allowed by Kishi to learn elemental techniques or anything other than their clan techniques.

Nomu

Kin
287💸
Kumi
147💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No one said it was an asspull, it’s just shit scripting in both of these arcs. Boruto’s Jougan just happens to activate when Nue’s portal opened once, then it randomly activated when its time to leave Nue’s dimension, and in this arc also YET it never activated when Sasuke opened his portal.

The Nue arc was so sloppy and made no sense at all. Boruto summoned Nue via summoning jutsu despite no Jougan activation, summoning contract or connection to the creature. Then later Lightning shoots out of Boruto’s eye, then a portal to Nue’s dimension opened yet no one knows whether Nue, Sumire or Boruto opened it. Then as they left Nue’s dimension Boruto’s Jougan activates for 5 seconds which allowed Boruto to see through the dimension, then it deactivated. Boruto was still able to punch through the dimension without his Jougan being actived so again, it was a shit show so let’s stop discussing that arc, below I’ll be talking about the current arc.

If you want to talk asspulls though, then let’s talk about the amount of shadow clones and Rasengan he made those clones use while his doujutsu was also activated; we should also be counting the clones he made in the episode prior. But if we’re not discussing bottomless chakra then there’s nothing to talk about and you’re just throwing a hissy fit for no reason.
I agree that the Nue arc was very vague and poorly written. Boruto’s bottomless chakra in the current arc are bothersome but since we’re venting, lets address how chunin children wounded a Rinnegan-Byakugan adult Otsutsuki who had the chakra of Sasuke, Sage Mitsuki and several others. I don’t understand why the anime is steering away from the manga so fiercely. I guess japs like subpar battle sequences and filler content.

Reactions: Animegoin

Animegoin

Veteran
Kin
4,124💸
Kumi
2,010💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree that the Nue arc was very vague and poorly written. Boruto’s bottomless chakra in the current arc are bothersome but since we’re venting, lets address how chunin children wounded a Rinnegan-Byakugan adult Otsutsuki who had the chakra of Sasuke, Sage Mitsuki and several others. I don’t understand why the anime is steering away from the manga so fiercely. I guess japs like subpar battle sequences and filler content.
@-bold: Lmao facts and I have a question:
What’s worse, Boruto having more chakra than Sasuke or Sasuke having a harder time against Toneri’s puppets than Boruto and Shinki had against Urashiki himself? Choose wisely.

The Naruto series (spinoffs included) had and will always have a ****-ton of poorly written filler. Hoping for anything more is a losing battle.