[Romance] Angel Beats! Alternate Ending

YuripeeLover

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
**This fanfic is intended to be an alternate ending to Angel Beats!. It takes off towards of the end of Graduation in episode 13. Unlike the original narrative, Naoi, Hinata and Angel have passed onto the next life. Only Yuripee and Otonashi are left in the school hall. The story is told in retrospect from Yuzuru’s perspective**.

Angel Beats – Say I do

All of the students, except Yuripee and I, had passed onto their next Karmic life. An awkward silence filled the musky graduation hall.

“So…they’re all gone…”, I said, trying to break the silence.
“Yeah…I guess my job is done”, affirmed Yuripee, in a despondent tone.

I knew that there was something inside that I wanted to tell her. But I was chickening out. I also had a feeling that there was something on her mind that she was hesitant to tell me.

“So…I guess I’ll see you around…” whispered Yuripee.

I knew this was it. It was really now or never. I watched as she turned around and faced the back of her petite frame towards me. This was it. This was the last time I would ever see Yuripee.

“YURI!!” I blurted out. My scream echoed throughout the empty assembly hall.

“Otonashi…what is it…” replied Yuri.

“I have something to tell you”, I gasped.

As I let those words seep past my lips, I started to feel a million butterflies kicking in my stomach. Even though I didn’t have a heart, I could feel my chest pounding a million beats a minute. My hair was itching, as if it were under static. I was starting to sweat a little. I felt steamy under my collar, and my hands and legs began to tremble.

Yuripee turned towards my direction and took a step closer to me. My teary eyes were glued to the floor ahead of me. I didn’t want her to see me cry, but, I guess she would find out anyway. I clenched my fist up into a ball and raised it up towards my school blazer and pressed it up against my heartless chest.

“I love you, Yuri…”.

I felt as though the weight of the entire Guild had been lifted off my chest. I started to become tense, and I didn’t know what to expect. After a few more seconds had passed, I had assumed that Yuri didn’t like what she had heard. So I decided to break the awkward silence that I had created.

“It’s okay, I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have told you…” I cried. I was finding it hard to breathe, my body had started to freeze up at the thought of facing rejection. After all, Ouyama was rejected by Angel during the exam, and after seeing what he went through, I didn’t want to go through what the poor guy had to endure.

As I turned away, I felt Yuri grab me in a hug embrace from behind. I could feel her draw her lips closer to my left ear.
“Otonashi…I loved you from the day I first saw you when you came into this world… I was planning to keep it a secret…” cried Yuri. “Even though I had been through a rough life, you were the only one who made this life bearable. In my darkest moments in this purgatory, you were my light at the end of the tunnel. My heart would always skip a beat when you called my name”.

I turned around to face Yuri. Tears were streaming down her face, creasing into her pale make-up, and crashing down onto the dry floor of the lifeless school hall. I froze. I did not know what to do. Yuri, our fearless leader, was in tears because of me.

I caressed the back of Yuri’s head and brought it closer to mine, until she rested her head against my School Blazer. I kissed her soft, tender lips, and felt a jolt run through my spine. This felt good. It was all I had been waiting for. I swept Yuri off her feet. I couldn’t wait any longer. I carried Yuri back through the darkness of the night back to Angel’s Domain. I fired shots into the darkness, and cleared the way of the hundreds of shadow monsters that were surrounding us. I could hear her breathing heavily, and her body felt hot and pumped. The shadow monsters were created to turn anyone who felt love, into NPCs. After all, the love we felt would turn this purgatory into some sort of Utopia. And the designer of this world certainly did not want that to happen. And as a result, I had to face a swarm of shadow monsters.

I wasn’t afraid of them anymore. I just couldn’t wait until I could be alone with Yuri.
“We’re almost there Yuri, just hold on a little longer” I assured. The blood on Yuri’s skirt had dried and had now become hard. I really needed to get her back and treat her wounds. As I approached Angel's Domain, I fired shots onto the remaining Shadow monsters. The bullets split them like an axe chopping wood.

As I neared close to Angels domain, I kicked open the door and nearly crashed onto the floor in sheer exhaustion. Yuri’s petite blouse was covered in blood from the wounds on her upper body. I lay Yuri onto Kanade’s bed. I noticed that some of her wounds had not yet healed from our last battle against the Shadow Monsters. Yuri’s blood began to seep out of her wounds. I knew she was hurt, and I needed to treat her urgently. I gently unbuttoned her blouse and started to assess Yuripee’s wounds.

“Otonashi…be gentle…”, gasped Yuri.

I gently positioned Yuri’s head onto Kanade’s soft pillow, and gently lay her wounded legs onto her bed.

“Just Relax Yuri…You’ll be fine”.

I could hear Yuri start to breathe easier. I scouted the room only to find some lotion and some of Kanade’s make-up accessories lying on her dressing unit. I grabbed the lotion and the make-up sponge. I dabbed some lotion onto kanade’s make-up sponge and dabbed it gently onto the wound on Yuripee’s knee.

“Ahhh..ahho..oww..” moaned Yuri, as I pressed gently against her bloody wound. The sting of the medication caused her to jolt up in pain.

“Be gentle, Yuzuru” whispered Yuripee.

“You’re gonna be fine” I assured.

As the night grew longer, I continued to massage the healing ointment into Yuripee’s wounds. Within a few hours, Yuri seemed to be a little more energetic.

“Thankyou…Otonashi…” She gasped.

After a few hours, the room became steamy, and the windows became all fogged and opaque. All I could hear were her soft moans, and all I could feel were the sharp pricks of her nails pinching into my back.

______________________________nine months later___________________________________

I woke one morning to find Yuri dressing our baby, Kanade. Dressing time was the most stressful for Yuri, as Kanade would always put up a struggle.

“Kanade…give me your feet…you need to wear your shoes…”. I watched on as Yuri wrestled as she tried her best to get Kanade dressed.

“I don’t want to wear shoes…” cried Kanade.

“You have to…otherwise your feet will have blisters!” shouted Yuri.

After a few more minutes of convincing, and a lot of tears, Yuri eventually persuaded Kanade to wear her shoes. We headed over to Monster Stream as a family. I lay back on the embankment with Yuri, as we both watched our daughter play with the small fishes in Monster Stream.

“You know Yuri, watching Hinata and Yui get married felt really good”. I said.

“Yeah that was a while ago.” Said Yuri. “I wonder where they are now. I hope the two meet in their next lives...”.

I moved closer to Yuri, got up and then knelt down on both knees.

“Marry me Yuri…make me the happiest I can be...” I started to cry. I could barely see her face.

“I do” she replied, her smile beaming into the horizon.

Tears began to stream down her face. As Yuri sat pressed up on my lap, I cuddled her in a tight, warm embrace. We sat together for hours on end as Kanade kept herself busy playing with the fishes in Monster Stream.
Yuri drew her eyes up at me, and cleared her throat from all those tears.

“But I need to tell you…” She said. “If you ever chase any other girls at the school, I will kill you! You will die!”.

We both laughed until the sun had set under the horizon. As I watched the fishes leap out of the stream. Baby Kanade was busy playing with the fishes, and Yuri laying here beside me. I knew that I would never have had it any other way.

This was the life that I wanted.

And I wouldn’t trade it for the world. No matter what it had to offer me.

Now that I something I would never do.

Last edited: