American Shounen Jump Interview (Another Interview) - PART II

uzmarvel

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is part II guys. Please enjoy and I apologise beforehand if it was already posted by others. Just ignore this if so.

Source: NarutoFan Forums.
Link:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*ahem* Anyway, the interview:

SJ: Do you keep up with baseball, or any other American sports?
Kishimoto: American sports? Well, since there's an American football manga, Eyeshield 21, serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump, I sometimes watch football games on TV. And there's basketball... but in the end, I think baseball is my favorite, since I used to play the sport. I could have never imagined that Japanese players would make it to the ranks of the Major Leagues.

SJ: Has there been anything you've wanted to do in the manga you haven't put in yet?
Kishimoto: As ideas come to me, I try to include them. With the volumes of Naruto manga I've put out so far, I've already done most of the things I wanted to do. So now I'm trying to figure out what to do next. Well, I haven't really written about romantic relationships...

SJ: How do you manage to keep coming up with exciting ideas for fights and stories?
Kishimoto: I do it by listening to music that fits the scenes I'm drawing.

SJ: What kind of music?
Kishimoto: I listen to all genres, both Japanese and Western- as in non-Japanese- especially movie soundtracks and game music.

SJ: What do you like most about Jump Festa?
Kishimoto: I get to meet the readers and find out what they are actually like. It's a nice change of scenery, since I'm usually confined in my room drawing manga.

SJ: Do you actually get to feel the popularity of your work at Jump Festa?
Kishimoto: No... it doesn't feel all that real to me.

SJ: We're just starting to get the Naruto video games in the U.S.- could you tell us which Naruto video game was your favorite, and why?
Kishimoto: I play all those games at least once. I like the ones that have fighting.

SJ: Do you play other games?
Kishimoto: Yes, I play different kinds of games on different platforms. I have them all: Nintendo, Sega, and Sony. And Xbox.

SJ: Are you afraid of snakes?
Kishimoto: Yes, I'm not fond of them. I like the details of the skin, but not the snake itself.

SJ: Do you have any messages for the American fans?
Kishimoto: America is vast in its land and its audience. The sense of entertainment is outstanding, incomparable to any other country. France, of course, is known for people with taste, but when it comes to entertainment and showmanship there's nothing like Hollywood. Disney especially has technologies that are second to none. So I'm very glad that my work is accepted by an audience with such discerning eyes.

Masashi Kishimoto agreed to answer these questions in the voice of Kakashi, mentor to Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura.

SJ: How have your three students surprised you thus far?
Kakashi: Surprised? I'm very calculating, so I'm not that easy to "surprise." *laughs* However... Naruto is very active and does whatever he wants to do. But surprisingly, he always does his best. He is a hard worker. Sasuke is an elite ninja, sure, but he turns out to be not all that useful - he's rather sloppy. So rather than being surprised, I'm disappointed. Sakura is easily excited but has a good memory.

SJ: Which is stronger: sand or sound?
Kakashi: Hmm, in the end, I think Sound prevails.

SJ: Which of your three students would make the best ninja instructor?
Kakashi: I think it would be Sakura. She has flaws in her personality, like stalking Sasuke. But Sakura is the closest to being normal. Naruto is stupid, and Sasuke is not a teacher-type. He keeps to himself.

SJ: What's the worst thing your teacher did to you when you were training to be a ninja? [Kishimoto-sensei spent a long time pondering this, showing us how difficult the question is for Kakashi.]
Kakashi: I was an excellent student, so I never suffered.

Just for fun, here are some small interviews from four of the VAs for the english dub. The full interviews are in the upcoming Naruto Collector, which comes out May 16.

They were asked which other character on Naruto they would've wanted to play as.

Maile Flanagan, the voice of Naruto: "Probably Chouji- he's pretty funny when he's hanging out and I know he gets tough when he has to. It's fun to play going from one extreme to the other."

Dave Wittenberg, the voice of Kakashi: "I like the idea of Sasuke, and by that I mean I love the fact that he's sort of a younger version of Kakashi- he has all the potential to be Kakashi when he grows up, but he still has the crazy temper of a teenager."

Yuri Lowenthal, the voice of Sasuke: "Well, Naruto has a lot more lines than I do. I'd certainly earn more if I played Naruto. It's tough to say because I like Sasuke a lot; he was my first choice."

Kate Higgins, the voice of Sakura: "If I were a guy I'd want to be Sasuke, but I'm not a guy."

These were all straight from the magazine, and if there were any grammatical or punctuation errors, that was them, not me. If there are any missing letters though, that was probably me.XD Okay, I looked over it again, and I corrected the one mistake that I saw. So, any errors in here are not my own.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy! :)