Kushan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Speaking as someone who has fell victim to this policy, I say it is time for it to be repealed.As previously stated we know the risk going in , but how ever this policy is nothing more then a witch hunt. I never once revealed to anyone my sexual orientation , but was outed by my then partner. Now official policy states that any soldier may not be questioned about there orientation , and if the commanding officer suspects he does not have to power to pursue and or harass the soldier. This is usually not the case though. Even if this policy can not be repealed then I recommend a revise of don't ask don't tell don't pursue don't harass. Maybe something along the lines of in order to be discharged the soldier has to confront there commanding officer and directly inform them of there orientation and can not be outed by any third party. Personally I would love to see this repealed , but if not I would be happy to see a compromise. Further more I served as a Calvary Scout and was damn good at my M.O.S. I believe my Drill Sergeant said it best you do not have to be straight to serve in the military you , you just have to be able to shoot straight.
Hats off to you mate!!!!

Flaw

Legendary
Kin
23💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
But since you are a ,you just eat chips all day while watching Oprah.
Don't.
The man has a lawyer wife and business to run.
He also has a Kakashi avatar and likes debating politcs on Naruto boards.
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Sade

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
But since you are a ,you just eat chips all day while watching Oprah.
I agree with you in this topic...The Ding Dang Dong guy is messing around with one legend,and he can't win U_U

Anyway,back to our topic,I don't like if I join the military forces to have a gay beside me.I don't want to sound like a puritan,and I am not,but I don't want when I in the bath,the gay looking to my πούτσα neither to me κολί.I just want to go there in order to find in a war and help my country.I don't want to flirt with some homosexuals or bisexuals.

It's my opinion and it cannot be changed,and I am talking with facts.

P.S.Lady.GaGa. I am against you of course...And where is he?!Did he quited NB?!Hopefully >.>

Scarface

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If I see one more flame/spam here im going to infract you all O_O

That being said, I have no problem with gay people in the army. I think that anyone that joins the army has a screw loose (no offense oraan) because I person, am allergic to dying >_>

Now, if a man or woman chooses to risk their life for this country, more power to them. And if at the same tim, that man or woman wishes to be a part of homosexual behavior, then so be it.

Those gay dudes have more balls than most people lol

Ps. If it was girl on girl, and they were hot, I highly doubt this would be a problem. Like oraans co worker O_O god damn that would rock >_>

DOD_bld

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Don't.
The man has a lawyer wife and business to run.
He also has a Kakashi avatar and likes debating politcs on Naruto boards.
You must be registered for see images
Hey guys... don't make fun of me :( I'll get my feelings hurt... It was nice of you to use my actual picture though.

I like turtles.

Back on Topic:
-- ChoujiAkimichi, thanks for your support while you were in the military, and for giving an honest perspective of your views on the policy. I am sorry to hear how you were adversely affected by it.

P.s. - I LIKE TURTLES!

Last edited:
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As much as I normally refrain from calling people out , but I think Sade showed a big issue with why 30 percent military does not agree with the repeal. The big issue being when most people think of homosexuals of bisexuals they automatically think of the stereotype and more to the point when serving our country we are not thinking about who might have the biggest pecker in the shower . Myself out of respect for those I was serving with I kept eye level and up in the shower and I never considered myself nothing more then a soldier while I served.

Kushan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As much as I normally refrain from calling people out , but I think Sade showed a big issue with why 30 percent military does not agree with the repeal. The big issue being when most people think of homosexuals of bisexuals they automatically think of the stereotype and more to the point when serving our country we are not thinking about who might have the biggest pecker in the shower . Myself out of respect for those I was serving with I kept eye level and up in the shower and I never considered myself nothing more then a soldier while I served.
Agreed, for some reason people think that homosexuals and bisexuals constantly think of butts and peckers, which I think is funny because at the end of the day they're no different to any heterosexual, like all straight people are not attracted to all the members of the opposite ***, it would be only natural to think it'll be the same with homosexuals and bisexuals!!!

Sade

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Agreed, for some reason people think that homosexuals and bisexuals constantly think of butts and peckers, which I think is funny because at the end of the day they're no different to any heterosexual, like all straight people are not attracted to all the members of the opposite ***, it would be only natural to think it'll be the same with homosexuals and bisexuals!!!
Of course,I cannot make you to change your opinion.I haven't served yet so I don't really know what is happening and I actually don't care because I don't live in U.S.A.So the topic doesn't concern me that much.

I never said to my reply,that homosexuals or bisexuals are not good at their jobs or in their way serving their country.Of course they can be good and in al ot of cases better than someone that he/she is straight.I just think that this "mix" can harm our "maleness",and I don't want you to consider me like a puritan or something,I am just cautious.

Kushan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No need for apologies ._.
I respect your opinion since you respected my mine and also since you tol me the reasons!No need for apologies.
To be honest, not long ago I thought the same way, but at my last job whether I liked it or not I had to work with a gay guy and a bi guy, now at the beginning I had my concerns and doubts, but when I got to working with them day in day out, I realised that apart from the fact that I like women and they like men, there were no differences among us.

But saying that I do understand your point of view on the matter!!!

BlacKing

Legendary
Kin
284💸
Kumi
1,737💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
If I see one more flame/spam here im going to infract you all O_O

That being said, I have no problem with gay people in the army. I think that anyone that joins the army has a screw loose (no offense oraan) because I person, am allergic to dying >_>

Now, if a man or woman chooses to risk their life for this country, more power to them. And if at the same tim, that man or woman wishes to be a part of homosexual behavior, then so be it.

Those gay dudes have more balls than most people lol

Ps. If it was girl on girl, and they were hot, I highly doubt this would be a problem. Like oraans co worker O_O god damn that would rock >_>
Just saw this. xd

Typhon

Legendary
Kin
664💸
Kumi
6,684💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Its a leftover rule from a time when it was much less socially acceptable to be openly gay. Times change, society changes, and people have become more tolerant. Most anti-gay banter comes from strongly religious people, which is understandable. If you strongly believe in religious teachings there is tons of passages that condemn homosexuality. At the same time there are tons of passages that condone slavery, but thats a different discussion for a different day.

Its really ironic that strongly religious people are so intolerant of homosexuality. If you take the bible literally then you must also believe God made us in his image. Yet there is strong scientific evidence suggesting homosexuality is not a choice, but a result of varying brain structures.

So I guess what I'm getting at is that the Don't Ask Don't Tell policy as well as anti-gay marriage and prejudice against gays in general is the result of old societal and religious prejudices. But as we see today, those beliefs are fading away. People are becoming more tolerant and in all likelihood that policy will be gone in a relatively short amount of time.

Ragnaroc

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
like Lord Danzo said, Don't Ask Don't Tell has been repelled this week so hopefully the gay and lesbian soldiers that were wrongfully discharged are allowed to reenlist if they want to. Frankly I don't car who they are attracted too, especially if they are out there fighting against people who want to harm others. Sexuality shouldn't matter in the military like it shouldn't matter at all. unfortunately that isn't always the case, especially if you are a member of the Westboro church who I consider domestic terrorists and should be euthanized :3