all matter is energy until observed - Occam's razor

Genjitxu

Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I see many members are aware of the pioneering work in quantum physics. At the micro level all the principles of the macro universe that Einstein postulated break down. Gravity, mass, charge, spin... don't behave "normally" at the quantum level.

Here is a video that talks about the duel split experiment. It shows that particles behave as particles only when they are observed (or measured according to Shrodenger's cat). Before observation they can be "caught" behaving as a wave: sin/cosine type waves representing energy OR the wave of potentialities

[video=youtube;4C5pq7W5yRM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C5pq7W5yRM[/video]

For there to be matter there needs to be an observer. Some have postulated that we are those observers and we are all creating our own reality around us. So I am creating you and you are creating me.

This hypothesis is why we have theories about multiverses, worlds with different yous and mes, different physics. It is the reason Goku and Vegeta are now going to a martial arts tournament in another dimension.

Occam's razor offers a more elegant solution. There is one observer of all, observing our universe, observing our duel slit experiments. There is only one of me and one of you. We are real... but not as real of the one watching over us.

Last edited:

Narushima

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Quantum Mechanics is just applied linear algebra with a partial differential equation (the Schrodinger equation) sprinkled on top, that's all there is to it; trust me, I was once a starry-eyed fan of Brian Green and youtube physics too, but then I did an undergrad in Physics and Math - turns out, most of popular physics is sales at best (a la Brian Green), and cult at worst (a la quantum gurus).

No one cares about the interpretation of the wave-function (the only - even then only borderline - scientific issue in QM that involves discussion of an observer) in the physics community anymore. It makes no difference whatsoever as far the real world is concerned (the observed wave-function is the only wave-function that has any physical existence - the meaning of the wave-function prior to collapse may as well be that particles are magic unicorns, or it may be that the many worlds interpretation is correct - it makes no physical difference in the end).

The real problem is that fundamental physics is an ever stagnating branch of science, the golden age (the early to med-late 20th century) is truly over, and the geezers who wasted their lives on useless dead ends find it convenient to resort to mysticism because there is no real physics to be done in that area anymore.

Genjitxu

Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, you've been wrong before

The real problem with physics is that the very things we are measuring are not really there until they are first observed. So we assumed man was the observer but that assumption requires an improbable "multiverse" theory.

The real problem with physics is that we are unwilling to assume a transcendent observer. We entertain that we are in a computer program, or that we are all creating our own reality, or that we are 1 of a trillion different earths.

Or God could be true -all of it. He could be watching all of us "observing" His creation, doing our duel-slit experiments, putting Schrodinger's cat in the box. We would be the only earth and the only you and me. But we wouldn't be the GOAT anymore.