Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Emiya's hopes were so high for the pair to finally announce their joint partnership in saving the world. Oh well. Maybe one day. For now the topic inevitably shifted to the old King's philosophy, and the minutiae and subtlety behind the decision. Emiya's counterpoint, while naive, was that the enemy imposed no such limit upon themselves, held no such philosophy. The closest one came was Demetrias keeping his word within the Armory, yet he still pursued a goal that would seemingly trample on Humanity in it's entirety. He was a man of his word. He was not, however, a good person. All of the Voidlords operated outside the boundaries of logic and reality. Disease, what is supposed to be a neutral and natural phenomena, was utilized as the vector for an assault on Humanity. The harsh truth was that all of those people would have died from their wounds regardless, however the worst part was the false sense of security the plague promised them. Fear turned to relief, then that relief was emboldened into courage, and eventually complacency. Forgetting their brushes with death, they moved on with their lives, only to have it robbed from them. It was the worst kind of hope one could receive; false.

"Yeah, yeah, his non-intervention policy. It's clear he's only involved now because these latest events are the result of influence by anything but humans, but it still pisses me off that he could do so much good, but is content to sit on his thumb any other time.
Well I don't care what it takes, I'll be there to make sure that sword falls as slowly as possible, especially for those who deserve to live, flaws and all."

It had been quite a while since Merlin spoke with Emiya in such a fashion, and at such length. Maybe to make up for the time lost within Irkalla? He was also getting wrapped up with the Voidlords, and their sheer familiarity could be a danger given Emiya's previous experiences with Demetrias, so was this to be his potential "final lesson"? Wait, is that why he wanted Emiya and Zhongli to band together? In case he was discovered, or some other less-than-favorable scenario occurred? Dispelling these gloomy thoughts, Emiya merely returned Merlin's sentiment regarding humanity's "end".

"On that we can both agree."

Of course, when put in such a way, it was easy to view Solomon's ideals as foolish, or at least flawed. It is not inherently cruel, or apathetic. In fact, from a certain point of view, it is quite optimistic. But the tragedies that arise from a lack of intervention, the sadness and pain that is accrued in playing the role of bystander; for someone like Emiya Shirou, such a thing was intolerable. For Merlin...

He couldn't understand.

Emotions were beyond him.

He could only understand outcomes based on rational concepts. If one stood to gain more from his interference than lose anything, then that was the logical action. This ideal, much like Solomon's, was not without flaws. Intervention could have an effect opposite of its intention, worsening a bad situation rather than improving it. Or despite it, the situation was doomed from the very beginning. Merlin's distant gaze refocused on Shirou with his final words, reaffirming his commitment to his role as a Hero of Justice, his vision dyed red. "Do we?"

The incubus blinked once and looked out to the sea, responding to Emiya as he took in the deep green of the ocean and the orange hue of the setting sun, a solemn smile fixed on his lips. "May you never change, Emiya Shirou."

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Of course, when put in such a way, it was easy to view Solomon's ideals as foolish, or at least flawed. It is not inherently cruel, or apathetic. In fact, from a certain point of view, it is quite optimistic. But the tragedies that arise from a lack of intervention, the sadness and pain that is accrued in playing the role of bystander; for someone like Emiya Shirou, such a thing was intolerable. For Merlin...

He couldn't understand.

Emotions were beyond him.

He could only understand outcomes based on rational concepts. If one stood to gain more from his interference than lose anything, then that was the logical action. This ideal, much like Solomon's, was not without flaws. Intervention could have an effect opposite of its intention, worsening a bad situation rather than improving it. Or despite it, the situation was doomed from the very beginning. Merlin's distant gaze refocused on Shirou with his final words, reaffirming his commitment to his role as a Hero of Justice, his vision dyed red. "Do we?"

The incubus blinked once and looked out to the sea, responding to Emiya as he took in the deep green of the ocean and the orange hue of the setting sun, a solemn smile fixed on his lips. "May you never change, Emiya Shirou."
Feeling their discussion had come to it's natural conclusion, and seeing the opportunity to leave before another lecture or debate over their ideals or mutual acquaintances popped up, Emiya disappeared in a shimmer of Prana, leaving Merlin with his parting words.

"Right back at you."

Leaving Landmark. Heading to #181, Moon Sanctuary.

Arthorius

Regular
Kin
4,105💸
Kumi
22,122💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Coming from: https://animebase.me/threads/aisu-bay-254.757187/page-5

Approaching Alexandros Bluff, Lucifer and Strix communicate the plan to one another, Lucifer will approach Merlin while Strix remains on the edge of the area, guarding the captured Bijuu, once their task is completed they can depart. With her instructions clear, Strix remains and Lucifer heads in to the market, his life sensory ability locating the magus of flowers quickly enough.

He would approach, his tone friendly and casual he spoke aloud to gain his attention.

"Merlin, it has been some time has it not? Our meeting place today is far removed from the horrors we last faced at the very least, though I confess I fear much like before this meeting isn't simply a chance encounter. Upon our escape from the underworld, I believe I spied a relic core much like my own awaken in your hands. Should my eyes have witnessed that truth, there is someone you must meet."

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Feeling their discussion had come to it's natural conclusion, and seeing the opportunity to leave before another lecture or debate over their ideals or mutual acquaintances popped up, Emiya disappeared in a shimmer of Prana, leaving Merlin with his parting words.

"Right back at you."

Leaving Landmark. Heading to #181, Moon Sanctuary.
The incubus waved goodbye to the Hero of Justice, standing idly on the precipice between the familiar and the unknown. Through his sensory, he could detect the arrival of significant chakra signatures, one such being particularly large. If he were to wager a guess, it belonged to a Tailed Beast. Normally, it would be cause for alarm, but it remained stable.

Coming from: https://animebase.me/threads/aisu-bay-254.757187/page-5

Approaching Alexandros Bluff, Lucifer and Strix communicate the plan to one another, Lucifer will approach Merlin while Strix remains on the edge of the area, guarding the captured Bijuu, once their task is completed they can depart. With her instructions clear, Strix remains and Lucifer heads in to the market, his life sensory ability locating the magus of flowers quickly enough.

He would approach, his tone friendly and casual he spoke aloud to gain his attention.

"Merlin, it has been some time has it not? Our meeting place today is far removed from the horrors we last faced at the very least, though I confess I fear much like before this meeting isn't simply a chance encounter. Upon our escape from the underworld, I believe I spied a relic core much like my own awaken in your hands. Should my eyes have witnessed that truth, there is someone you must meet."
A familiar voice attracted Merlin's attention, who turned his head to find its source. Upon recognising the Child of Tiamat, he nodded curtly in greeting. As he had done with Emiya, he would behave as if nothing was amiss, despite the clear change in his physical appearance. "Indeed." he agreed, recalling the day that the Champions of Humanity emerged from Kur victorious, albeit barely. When the subject of Relic Weapons was brought up, Merlin contained any hint of interest that might have appeared on his face. As of this moment, Merlin could no longer guarantee that the Child of Tiamat was an ally, though he had no cause to treat him as an enemy. "I don't suppose that has anything to do with the Tailed Beast you dragged ashore, Lucifer-kun?" the Magus of Flowers asked, sidestepping the implied request and supposed observation. He would speak no further, allowing Lucifer's answer to speak for itself.

Arthorius

Regular
Kin
4,105💸
Kumi
22,122💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
The incubus waved goodbye to the Hero of Justice, standing idly on the precipice between the familiar and the unknown. Through his sensory, he could detect the arrival of significant chakra signatures, one such being particularly large. If he were to wager a guess, it belonged to a Tailed Beast. Normally, it would be cause for alarm, but it remained stable.

A familiar voice attracted Merlin's attention, who turned his head to find its source. Upon recognising the Child of Tiamat, he nodded curtly in greeting. As he had done with Emiya, he would behave as if nothing was amiss, despite the clear change in his physical appearance. "Indeed." he agreed, recalling the day that the Champions of Humanity emerged from Kur victorious, albeit barely. When the subject of Relic Weapons was brought up, Merlin contained any hint of interest that might have appeared on his face. As of this moment, Merlin could no longer guarantee that the Child of Tiamat was an ally, though he had no cause to treat him as an enemy. "I don't suppose that has anything to do with the Tailed Beast you dragged ashore, Lucifer-kun?" the Magus of Flowers asked, sidestepping the implied request and supposed observation. He would speak no further, allowing Lucifer's answer to speak for itself.
"I'm not surprised you can sense the bijuu, despite it's current state of unconsciousness the foul mass of chakra that forms those creatures feels like it makes the very air heavy around them, doesn't it." Lucifer stated quite calmly, his tone even as he gazed upon Merlin, the man seemed more guarded than before, though perhaps it was simply the surprise encounter.

"Though you are correct, it very much has something to do with the beast, but I can't share too much publicly, I ask that you trust me and follow me to ancient lands far beyond this one. Answers will be found there, for us both. Provided of course, that I was correct in my assumption."

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"I'm not surprised you can sense the bijuu, despite it's current state of unconsciousness the foul mass of chakra that forms those creatures feels like it makes the very air heavy around them, doesn't it." Lucifer stated quite calmly, his tone even as he gazed upon Merlin, the man seemed more guarded than before, though perhaps it was simply the surprise encounter.

"Though you are correct, it very much has something to do with the beast, but I can't share too much publicly, I ask that you trust me and follow me to ancient lands far beyond this one. Answers will be found there, for us both. Provided of course, that I was correct in my assumption."

No doubt, Lucifer was likely aware of the suspicion his answer would arouse within Merlin. Of this, the Magus would make note, leaving the question hanging momentarily to consider his options. He didn't fear a fight if he refused, but to turn away would be to move further from the objects of his search. Where his normal meandering behaviour was once harmless, it could prove fatal in his current circumstances. There was also the matter of the Relic Weapon itself, of which Merlin was cautious to a lesser extent. Lucifer seemed to be under the impression, correctly so, that he too held one of the mysterious armaments, which what motivated the invitation to what Merlin surmised to be the Outer Lands. In that moment, he remembered.

Kamiyasumi.

"Well, regardless of whether I have one of those, I would tag along anyway!" the incubus replied playfully. Walking over to the Child of Tiamat and invoking his Relic Weapon; Izanami's Curse. Holding it before Lucifer, Merlin spoke with a tone as firm as his grip on the bow. "I show you this because I trust you, Lucifer. I'm not sure what type of people you've encountered since obtaining that weapon, but I suggest caution. Forces far more ancient than Solomon and I are at play, and in my experience, they have a habit of making playthings of mortals." With a flick of his wrist, the bow shimmered away, resealed within the branded mark on his body. Taking a step back from the Child of Tiamat, his joyous demeanour seemed to return, "Shall we be off then?" he asked with a beaming smile.

Arthorius

Regular
Kin
4,105💸
Kumi
22,122💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
No doubt, Lucifer was likely aware of the suspicion his answer would arouse within Merlin. Of this, the Magus would make note, leaving the question hanging momentarily to consider his options. He didn't fear a fight if he refused, but to turn away would be to move further from the objects of his search. Where his normal meandering behaviour was once harmless, it could prove fatal in his current circumstances. There was also the matter of the Relic Weapon itself, of which Merlin was cautious to a lesser extent. Lucifer seemed to be under the impression, correctly so, that he too held one of the mysterious armaments, which what motivated the invitation to what Merlin surmised to be the Outer Lands. In that moment, he remembered.

Kamiyasumi.

"Well, regardless of whether I have one of those, I would tag along anyway!" the incubus replied playfully. Walking over to the Child of Tiamat and invoking his Relic Weapon; Izanami's Curse. Holding it before Lucifer, Merlin spoke with a tone as firm as his grip on the bow. "I show you this because I trust you, Lucifer. I'm not sure what type of people you've encountered since obtaining that weapon, but I suggest caution. Forces far more ancient than Solomon and I are at play, and in my experience, they have a habit of making playthings of mortals." With a flick of his wrist, the bow shimmered away, resealed within the branded mark on his body. Taking a step back from the Child of Tiamat, his joyous demeanour seemed to return, "Shall we be off then?" he asked with a beaming smile.
"Even the gods have became mortal now, if the rumours are to be believed. Solomon and I have spoken, perhaps you and I should do the same. Time however is currently a constraint and we do not travel alone. Let us be off." Lucifer replied calmly.

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Even the gods have became mortal now, if the rumours are to be believed. Solomon and I have spoken, perhaps you and I should do the same. Time however is currently a constraint and we do not travel alone. Let us be off." Lucifer replied calmly.

Nodding in understanding, Merlin sets off in the direction of the obscene chakra signature. He didn't know in whose company Lucifer had come, but he imagined that whoever they were, they were near the incapacitated Tailed Beast. And as it were, his guess was correct. A woman in strange attire, standing guard by an unconscious Five-Tails. "I take it you're Lucifer's company?" the incubus inquired, his less than cordial greeting owed to the foreboding sight before him, as well as her unknown allegiances.

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Nodding in understanding, Merlin sets off in the direction of the obscene chakra signature. He didn't know in whose company Lucifer had come, but he imagined that whoever they were, they were near the incapacitated Tailed Beast. And as it were, his guess was correct. A woman in strange attire, standing guard by an unconscious Five-Tails. "I take it you're Lucifer's company?" the incubus inquired, his less than cordial greeting owed to the foreboding sight before him, as well as her unknown allegiances.
As Lucifer approached, she could feel an additional spirit arriving with him which would be the reason then for the detour and why Lucifer went off on his own. Leaning on the boat as they came into view, Lucifer came forward walking with someone of white hair and a fancy set of clothing. They could not have been any opposite in appearance, the witch being hunched, dirty black clothing, large black hat and jet black hair, compared to this stranger, clean, fancy clothes and a strong upright posture. Interestingly, she could sense a sort of air about him, he was almost jovial or rather a demeanour that gave off an airs of intrigue. Strix was unsure what to make of it. As they came close and he spoke, she was taken aback by its softness.

We are travelling together, with a common goal at least. You, I guess must be worth a detour if Lucifer wishes to bring you along. I hope there will be no trouble.

Her brow furrowed as she was wary of the stranger and why he would be coming along with them. However she dropped the attitude as she focused back on exploring the new lands and the potential for new knowledge. There were rumours circulating about the marketplace and travellers they met along the way which riled her thirst.
Making way with the beast in tow stored within the cargo section of the boat, they cast of heading West through the straight once again.

LLM