SoulReaper

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok… here it is… my long awaited (yes, I know no one is awaiting this cause everyone hates me… all hate the Spanish guy xD) list of Reviews for MMORPG?s (Massively Multiplayer Online Rol Playing Game) has stated and I kick off with Aion: The Tower of Eternity a game that allows your character to battle in air and land. o_O
Sooo… let?s start

AION TOWER OF ETERNITY
You must be registered for see images

INTRODUCTION
Ok… so whoever has ever played an MMORPG they know how you start the game, in a high fantasy world in which you make some kind of trampy and penniless elf, human or any other race with a crappy wooden sword or dagger then start killing wolves, rabbits (THE KOREANS ARE KILLING THEM ALL) and then move to the ugly goblins and orcs carrying strange sticks and making strange sounds (WTF o_O) until you get enough golden coins to buy yourself a dagger or sword(YAY LOOK AT IT, IT HAS 15 DAMAGE o_O.) From there you move onto leveling-up while going through the unbelievable grinding, doing quest and get a decent weapon, like a shiny sword (O.O omg its so shiny) meet other races, party with them, take on harder monsters, steal from then, kick them to death… and in occasions, if your sad enough, spell stuff out by dropping coins like “COINS” xD (trust me I?ve done this). Aion: Tower of Eternity will luckily take another road (thank NCSOFT ^^). Yes, the game still has the common MMORPG ?High-Fantasy` elements but the game will take place on a strange planet, inhabited by three factions: The Elyos, The Asmodians and The Balaur, but only the Elyos and Asmodians are playable factions, the Balaur are NPC?s (Non Playable Characters.) The two playable factions are exotic looking humanoids that carry, SnS (Sword and Shield), Bows, Daggers, Staves and obviously Magic, but that is nothing compared to the fact that you can sprout wings and fly through the air at will until your character tires and must rest for about five minutes. In the game the world has been shattered into two, one being the dark part inhabited by the Asmodians who live in the city of Pandemonium, and the light part, inhabited by the Elyos who live in the city of Elysea.

STORY
IMPORTANT--> I didn?t get the story very well because the English patch I got didn?t cover the opening of the game 100% so I?ve taken all of the story info out of Wikipedia.

In the beginning there was a god named Aion who ruled over a world called Atreia. This god created a race of intelligent entities to act as his servants (in likeness to angels) whom he called the Balaur. After some time passed the Balaur disobeyed Aion's wishes and rebelled against their creator. The god Aion then created the 12 Empyrean Lords. The Empyrean Lords in turn created a barrier which prevented the Balaur from attacking the humans charged under their protection. Within this barrier all things were safe. The Balaur ravaged and destroyed many of the living things residing outside of the barrier.

Some humans, living within the safety of the barrier, learned how to harness some of the same energy as the Empyrean Lords, known as aether. Such humans were called Daeva and, like the Empyrean Lords, had wings. With time, enough Daevas were born to form an army. Ten of the Empyrean Lords led these Daevas into battle against the Balaur, while the remaining two were the guardians of the Tower of Eternity, the embodiment of the god Aion. The war with the Balaur lasted for hundreds of years until one of the guardians of the tower announced that they should find a way to make peace with the Balaur. Five of the Empyrean Lords vehemently disagreed. However, the second guardian of the tower was swayed to peace. The Balaur were invited into the tower for peace talks. It is unclear what happened at that point. One of the Balaur lords lay wounded on the floor and the rest proceeded to attack the tower. The two Guardians attempted to raise the shield by going to opposite ends of the tower. However, they were unsuccessful and the tower, along with the world, shattered in two. As their final act, the two guardians sacrificed their lives in order to protect a part of Atreia. With Atreia severed, the survivors banded together to face their new world. Of the original twelve, ten of the Empyrean Lords survived. Five who had opposed peace and claimed that the weakness of the rest of the lords had allowed the Balaur to attack them reigned over the dark part of the world, becoming known as the Shedim Lords. The other five reigned over the light-covered bottom part of Atreia and claim that it was the Shedim Lord's actions that caused the breaking of the tower. They are known as the Seraphim Lords.

The new shape of the world also reshaped its inhabitants. Those that lived in the light part of the world saw little change except for and increase in their beauty. These followers of the Seraphim Lords called themselves Elyos and created the city of Elysea. The inhabitants of the upper part of the world saw many changes. Having to walk on ground strewn with fragments of the tower, their feet became talons. Having to fight against beasts, their hands became claw-like. Furthermore, the darkness made their complexion change and their eyes grew red adapting to the absence of light. They call themselves Asmodians and live in the city of Pandemonium under the rule of the Shedim Lords.

RACES/FACTION
Elyos

The Elyos live in the lower half of the world and receive the majority of the light. Subsequently their world is bright, colorful and filled with green plants, lush green woods and tropical beaches. The sun also influenced their appearance. The Elyos are very much like humans with light skin and no extraordinary characteristics. The Elyos are led by the five Seraphim Lords, ultimately ruled over by Azariel, Lord of Light.
Once an Elyos becomes a Daeva, he or she can fly using dove-like wings.

Asmodians

The Asmodians inhabit the upper half of the world and receive only a small fraction of the light. Consequently their realm is quite dark; blue and dark green dominate the color palette, while the flora comprises exotic plants that can deal with the little light they get.
The lack of sun also influenced the Asmodians' appearance over time. They developed a darker skin and grew claws on both hands and feet. They are led by the five Shedim Lords, ultimately ruled by Asphel, Lord of Darkness.
Once an Asmodian becomes a Daeva, he or she can fly using raven-like wings

Balaur

In the game, the Balaur is not a playable race. They inhabit the Abyss and are designed to be unpredictable when they appear. For example, they may side with you during a skirmish with the opposing faction, but afterward they may decide to turn on you. They are described as draconic beings (which is also suggested by their name, as "Balaur" is the Romanian term for a finned, multi-headed dragon).
THIS INFO WAS ALSO TAKEN FROM WIKI ^^

CLASSES

So, at the moment there are 12 classes available in the game, but more will come through the future updates. The factions will have small variation in class skills once they reach level 10, which is they?re first promotion, but before that there is no difference in the skills. When you reach level 40 (at the moment, they are planning on de-leveling this when the game goes LIVE) you will be able to choose from two sub-classes
Here are the starter jobs with their respective sub-classes and the info about them:

WARRIOR

Warriors excel for two reasons, their Physical Defense and their Physical Damage, making them what most MMORPG players call ?The Jack of all Trades` meaning that it can Tank (term refered in MMORPG?s to players who can take damage due to their high Defense) and Damage Deal, which I think does not need explanation. Warriors, as soon as they hit level 40, can choose from the following subclasses:

Gladiator:

Gladiators are able to use many weapons such as, SnS, Dual Swords, Hammers and Spears. It was the job I started with in Aion, and trust me, if you ever think of playing this game this job is an awesome Damage Dealer (to which I will refer from now on as DD.) This class is recommended for those who likes to SOLO monsters and be a main attacker in parties.

Templar:

Templars are the only tanks in the game at the moment, but they?re worth it. I?ve not made one, but one of my mates has, and the reason I was so impressed by it was that not only it could take 100-600 damage for 10 minutes without dying at level 48 but it inflicted a total of about 400 per hit, and OMG that is amazing for a tanker. If you are the type who likes to have a large chunk of HP and be a main PARTY player.

SCOUT

Scouts are similar to warriors, but they take their defense away to add more agility and swiftness making them a DD for giving critical every 2 hits out of 3. They are not recommended for newbie players in this game as they cannot SOLO monster really well until level 20-25, but after that their critical make you love this class. Scout can advance to the following Sub-classes.

Ranger:

Neither me or my friends have made one, so I don?t know much about it apart from the fact that when they fight monster they?re skills consist on laying stun traps and using a Bow to DD from distance. Another fact is that they RAPE Mages, how I know this, I was a lvl 58 Mage, got RAPED by a 49 Archer xD. As far as I?ve noticed this class is recommended for players who like bows and giving lots of damage from afar. (Btw this class has low defense so watch out if you make one)

Assassin:

OMG I just love this class, reason you use a dagger, you have a skill called “SNEAK” (that?s what the PATCH says o_O) then you go Invisible as long as your MP (Magic Points) sustains it or you hit someone, but that?s not it, along with a skill called Backstab (again the PATCH) you do normally at level 50 a total of 900 damage BUT that?s not all, you have a 30% chance of doing Critical which takes away a total of 1500 damage!! BUT that?s not it either (I know I am getting annoying) it has a 5% chance of doing a LETHAL hit which kills normal MOBS (enemies) one hit or take up to 50% or over on another character while in a PvP (Player VS Player.) This class is seriously recommended my favorite Weapon DD so far, so if you like being a sneaky bastard like me; this is the class for you.

MAGES

My favorite starter, and shall I tell you why? Because even though you have crappy Defense, the damage you deal with Magic is just incredible. Even though difficult to level up, when they hit level 30 they are one of the best jobs as you are able to destroy nearly every class in 2-3 magic hits if you notice them before you do (KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN THOUGH IN PvP, I DIDN?T ONE AND I GOT RAPED BY “THE ARCHER”.) Mages can advance to the following sub-classes:

Spirit-Master

Not made one, don?t think I will, the reason, they are summoners and I am not the summoner type. My mate Javier has one though, and it is pretty amazing, this information is thanks to him ^^. Spirit-Masters are able to call on elemental spirits for their aid and here I will list the four elements and what do each do:

FIRE – Is a close combat Spirit and helps you attack the enemy
EARTH – Earth spirit is basically a tank that takes damage for you
WATER – Water spirits mainly heal you, but they also to long range Damage Deal when needed
WIND – Wind spirits are fast and agile, making the do critical while they attack, they also can use magic.

This class is recommend for PvE (Player VS Environment) making it the class that kills MOBS the easiest.

Sorceror

Sorceror… well, “THE SORCEROR” is my favorite class, and the reason: DEVASTATING DAMAGE FROM DISTANCE. Yes, they?re defense sucks but who cares, I am at the moment a level 60 Sorceror and I do about 3000 damage and with a Magical Critical I go up to 6000 thousands. Sorceror?s learn how to cast powerful spells by using the four elements of Fire, Water, Wind and Earth to do devastating damage. They can use sword or stave to inflict decent damage, but please, don do this unless it is terribly needed. This class is recommended for those who love PvP and PK (Player Killer) and for those who have the patience to level them up.

PRIEST

Never made one, I will when it comes out in Europe but not till then because if I tell you the truth I am not much of a support character and these are support characters, they heal and buff other characters (support them by raising their stats) and can solo low level monsters, but after obtaining sub-class they are nearly impossible to level up by SOLO, you are GOING TO NEED A PARTY. Priest can advance to the following Sub-Classes:

Cleric

Clerics are also known as “Healers” and that explains what they do. They are always in party, I mean everyone ones one or two of these in party for the reason that they heal about 500HP every 5-10 seconds and can they can Raise Dead Players so that you don?t have to go to town and go all they way back to where the rest of your party was before. This class is recommended for people who enjoy being in party as “Healers”

Chanter

Chanter are buffers, they buff other players raising their stats like STR, ATK SPEED, M.ATK, etc. making the players even more powerful, they are also able to heal but not as efficiently as Clerics. In emergencies they can use a Skill to gain STR and P.ATK by loosing their MEN (the strength of their buffing and healing) but they?re not very useful. This is class is recommended for players who enjoy being in a party as a Supporter.

At the moment these are the classes for both races, but in future updates it has been said by NCSOFT (or so I read) that the third classes for the two races will be different making the game-play even more interesting.
This is it so far, if people are interested I will continue the review for this game going into the GAME-PLAY, the FLIGHT incorporation, the INTERFACE, etc. and then move onto other good MMORPG?s

Hope you enjoy this ^^
All of this was created by me and quite a bit of help by Wikipedia ^^

Last edited:

Mizutoki

Legendary
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
hey no one hates you O.O

ur cool.

and sounds like a good game ^^

except the begging sounds like it might get annoying.

thx for the info ^^

Shig

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I already have this game =\ it takes lots of coding to make it in english, but finally I learned how, but it takes ages to log on server...