[Discussion] After twelve years it has ended.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah, really really a shame and as expected only one chapter was used to finish it. To overall the final chapter wasn't that bad compared to many other series endings. I think I give this ending a solid 7/10, maybe 7.5.

Never read it before. Looks like a nice ending.

I'm stuck in a bucket.
I wrote a review about it a few weeks ago:

Ōkami

Supreme
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeah, really really a shame and as expected only one chapter was used to finish it. To overall the final chapter wasn't that bad compared to many other series endings. I think I give this ending a solid 7/10, maybe 7.5.
I give it an 8/10, I do hope for a sequel though.

I kind wished MiuxKenichi was done a little better though.

that's its ending ?

very artistic !
Indeed it is, I recommend you the read the manga in it's entirety.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
that's its ending ?

very artistic !
And poetic, it gives the impression the entire story was told from the start by Kenichi. Not to mention all the chapters, excluding the last one, cover a time period of a single year xd

I give it an 8/10, I do hope for a sequel though.

I kind wished MiuxKenichi was done a little better though.

Indeed it is, I recommend you the read the manga in it's entirety.
Meh I'm not going higher than 7.5, which is hell of a lot coming from me as I fail most of these kind of manga endings. When a series is running for a period of 12 years, finishing with one 22 page chapter is too short. There were also still several lose ends for instance Ogata's and Mikumi's characters were never explained and we never received info about Akisame's, Saiga's and the Elder's history when they were kids/disciples themselves, not much about Ma Kensei either. We know a lot about Apachai and Shigure and some about Sakaki, but the other's still very vague. I especially wanted to have some insight in Akisame's youth as he said he was bullied himself all the time and that Saiga was his best friend.

I also would have liked to see an adult Kenichi.

Ōkami

Supreme
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Meh I'm not going higher than 7.5, which is hell of a lot coming from me as I fail most of these kind of manga endings. When a series is running for a period of 12 years, finishing with one 22 page chapter is too short. There were also still several lose ends for instance Ogata's and Mikumi's characters were never explained and we never received info about Akisame's, Saiga's and the Elder's history when they were kids/disciples themselves, not much about Ma Kensei either. We know a lot about Apachai and Shigure and some about Sakaki, but the other's still very vague. I especially wanted to have some insight in Akisame's youth as he said he was bullied himself all the time and that Saiga was his best friend.

I also would have liked to see an adult Kenichi.
Ya the loose ends are annoying I for one wanted to know about Akisame and Shiba's past.

But I was content with it, also I think the reason it was 22 pages was because we got several coloured pages.

But plenty of room for a sequel about Kenichi as a master.

Maby, not sure yet.

Ya won't regret it.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ya the loose ends are annoying I for one wanted to know about Akisame and Shiba's past.

But I was content with it, also I think the reason it was 22 pages was because we got several coloured pages.

But plenty of room for a sequel about Kenichi as a master.

Ya won't regret it.
I was content with it too, hence the 7.5. I mean if I remember the endings of Air Gear and Katekyo Hitman Reborn, they completely fail in my book.

But I don't expect a sequel with Kenichi as a master, unless him being a side character. It simply doesn't work to have an adult master Kenichi as the main protagonist, then you would need to create an entirely different vibe of story. Then I'm more inclined to believe that Kenichi gets a disciple and that one is the new main character or something like that.

Ōkami

Supreme
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I was content with it too, hence the 7.5. I mean if I remember the endings of Air Gear and Katekyo Hitman Reborn, they completely fail in my book.

But I don't expect a sequel with Kenichi as a master, unless him being a side character. It simply doesn't work to have an adult master Kenichi as the main protagonist, then you would need to create an entirely different vibe of story. Then I'm more inclined to believe that Kenichi gets a disciple and that one is the new main character or something like that.
Well him and Miu do have a daughter perhaps her as the main protagonist?

So, what happened in the final chapters ?

What happened to Yomi ? And Miu's father ?
Read it,