Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Alright, let's get the usual boring stuff out of way, what do you know and understand about Atavistic Flames. Explaining about its difference in ranks etc as well please.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright, let's get the usual boring stuff out of way, what do you know and understand about Atavistic Flames. Explaining about its difference in ranks etc as well please.
Damn you really want me put some work in. Been a while since I did this.
Let’s just say it’s the epitome of the human will to survive, hence the fact you must be human to be able to use it. It’s their spiritual energy without it actually being yin though.
The actual fire is a yellow like flame that can be explosive when I contact with physical things but also doubles as a healing thing. It’s pretty dope when it comes to being strong to Suen, Utu, and Anutu. Initiates have the whole 20 chakra advantage with clashing with these fields where grand masters have 40 chakra advantage even though I don’t believe the techs have chakra values?

I think from reading the mode itself it’s a case of you lose health then multiply the health you lose by maybe 4? That acts similar to a chakra pool like how sage mode works and you sue that for the techniques?

Replying from phone sucks, how do people do this….

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Close, but no - generally you don't need to trigger the mode in order to use Atavistic Flames. You essentially 'burn' your soul, in order to create the flame and actually weaponize it. This comes in various stages of mastery as well, i.e a innate cannot really do any complex shape manipulation of flames until at least Master Rank. The flames also carries the instrinsic anti divinity trait which allows for them to bypass Divinity and harm gods. Any further elaboration needed? And the chakra value portion is when interacting with Anutu etc,

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Close, but no - generally you don't need to trigger the mode in order to use Atavistic Flames. You essentially 'burn' your soul, in order to create the flame and actually weaponize it. This comes in various stages of mastery as well, i.e a innate cannot really do any complex shape manipulation of flames until at least Master Rank. The flames also carries the instrinsic anti divinity trait which allows for them to bypass Divinity and harm gods. Any further elaboration needed? And the chakra value portion is when interacting with Anutu etc,
Nah seems pretty clear at this point, might have a few on the techs though.

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
(Kaen Kakkusei Iden: Ningen no Genri) – Atavistic Flame: Human Principle
Type: Offensive, Defensive, Supplementary
Range: Short – Mid
Chakra: N/A
Damage: 30 – 60
Description: The Human Principle is the basic offensive technique of Atavistic Flame. It possesses intrinsic Anti-Divinity, a property that allows it to damage Divine beings in the same way that the God-Slaying Tools can. This technique is activated by focusing Atavistic Flame and drawing upon the user’s spirit, focusing it in their hands to form yellow fire in either or both of their palms. The technique can be launched as fire balls and other projectiles, shaped to the user’s will, and inflict combustible physical damage to anything they strike. Activating the technique requires the user expend 10 spiritual Health Points. The user regenerates 5 spiritual Health Points in the following two turns.

Here's the first one, talk to me

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Kaen Kakkusei Iden: Ningen no Genri) – Atavistic Flame: Human Principle
Type: Offensive, Defensive, Supplementary
Range: Short – Mid
Damage: 30 – 60
Description: The Human Principle is the basic offensive technique of Atavistic Flame. It possesses intrinsic Anti-Divinity, a property that allows it to damage Divine beings in the same way that the God-Slaying Tools can. This technique is activated by focusing Atavistic Flame and drawing upon the user’s spirit, focusing it in their hands to form yellow fire in either or both of their palms. The technique can be launched as fire balls and other projectiles, shaped to the user’s will, and inflict combustible physical damage to anything they strike. Activating the technique requires the user expend 10 spiritual Health Points. The user regenerates 5 spiritual Health Points in the following two turns.

Here's the first one, talk to me
It's kinda like your most basic application you'd normally make with like ce. You use your spirit to create the flames, make projectiles like fireballs etc. On contact it basically does combustible physical damage. Reminds me of DBZ, using ki to do physical pew pew.

The thing about this is, I don't get why you would ever use anything less than A rank, as no matter what, it costs 10 spiritual health points, be it A rank or C rank. Which then regens over two turns.

Questions:
How much spiritual energy can you have? Is there a cap? Are there ways improve it or are they banned?
Can you sustain these flames round your hand for like a tai attack? And seeing as they don't use chakra can you do this and a jutsu at the same time?

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Your spiritual HP is basically tied your base amount, so i.e if you have 200, and you use this - it will take 10 from that overall. So your HP counts for both physical and spiritual. No sustaining, its literally just releasing projectiles, again this is Innate Level AF, so a lot more complex concepts is only gained from Master and above. Also no, already asked this question to Drackos but AF and normal Ninjutsu cannot be used in the same TF.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Your spiritual HP is basically tied your base amount, so i.e if you have 200, and you use this - it will take 10 from that overall. So your HP counts for both physical and spiritual. No sustaining, its literally just releasing projectiles, again this is Innate Level AF, so a lot more complex concepts is only gained from Master and above. Also no, already asked this question to Drackos but AF and normal Ninjutsu cannot be used in the same TF.
Much appreciated. That clears up all of that

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
(Kaen Kakkusei Iden: Naibu Hi) – Atavistic Flame: Inner Fire
Type: Supplementary
Range: N/A
Damage: N/A (+20 spiritual healing per turn)
Description: Inner Fire is the most basic representation of mankind’s collective will to survive, a property intrinsic to all human souls. This technique is activated by meditating at the cost of a move. After sustaining it for a full turn the user will begin a process of healing their own spirit over time, each turn thereafter healing themselves for 20 spiritual Health Points. The user must remain completely still during this time and cannot activate other Chakra taxing techniques for its duration. Inner Fire is able to dispel impairments caused by Anutu and its sub-Divinities as long as it meets other auxiliary requirements.

Next on the list~

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Kaen Kakkusei Iden: Naibu Hi) – Atavistic Flame: Inner Fire
Damage: N/A (+20 spiritual healing per turn)
Description: Inner Fire is the most basic representation of mankind’s collective will to survive, a property intrinsic to all human souls. This technique is activated by meditating at the cost of a move. After sustaining it for a full turn the user will begin a process of healing their own spirit over time, each turn thereafter healing themselves for 20 spiritual Health Points. The user must remain completely still during this time and cannot activate other Chakra taxing techniques for its duration. Inner Fire is able to dispel impairments caused by Anutu and its sub-Divinities as long as it meets other auxiliary requirements.

Next on the list~
This is legit just the equivalent of entering sage mode in the fact you sit still and gain something. In this case it's spiritual healing. Not very useful in a fight but can work wonders in the nw. Much like the YY chakra generation technique.

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Yup, its ideal if you've basically been spamming Atavistic FLames throughout a battle, once its finished you heal up afterwards. Anyways, not much to say in this one myself so let's move onto the next:

(Kaen Kakkusei Iden: Kagayaku Ken) – Atavistic Flame: Glowing Fists
Type: Offensive, Supplementary
Range: Self
Damage: N/A (+20 damage to chakra-less fist-based Taijutsu)
Description: Glowing Fists is a Taijutsu centered Atavistic Flame technique developed to supplement the user’s Taijutsu with their fists. The user will accumulate Atavistic Flame around each of their hands causing them to glow with a dim orange aura that emits small embers. They become searing to the touch to anyone who interacts with them, causing the user’s Taijutsu strikes with their fists to do an increased 20 damage. Once activated it lasts for four turns.

Talk to me~

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yup, its ideal if you've basically been spamming Atavistic FLames throughout a battle, once its finished you heal up afterwards. Anyways, not much to say in this one myself so let's move onto the next:

(Kaen Kakkusei Iden: Kagayaku Ken) – Atavistic Flame: Glowing Fists
Type: Offensive, Supplementary
Range: Self
Damage: N/A (+20 damage to chakra-less fist-based Taijutsu)
Description: Glowing Fists is a Taijutsu centered Atavistic Flame technique developed to supplement the user’s Taijutsu with their fists. The user will accumulate Atavistic Flame around each of their hands causing them to glow with a dim orange aura that emits small embers. They become searing to the touch to anyone who interacts with them, causing the user’s Taijutsu strikes with their fists to do an increased 20 damage. Once activated it lasts for four turns.

Talk to me~
So what you’re telling me is iron fist exists in the rp just through atavistic flames?

It’s a legit tai buff tech that increase the damage of your tai. It’s cool cause it doesn’t use chakra so you can use it at the same time as taijutsu. Lasting 4 turns is dope and it Legit causes no spiritual damage to yourself so win win

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Yup yup!

(Kaen Kakkusei Iden: Maki) – Atavistic Flame: Kindling
Damage: N/A
Description: Kindling is an Atavistic technique that wraps either of the user’s hands in flame to heal themselves or another human target from sources of spiritual damage. The technique, while wrapping their hand in flame, inflicts no physical damage to those it touches and is instead quite warm and soothing to the touch. Kindling restores 50 spiritual Health Points per turn of direct contact with their target, either themselves or another human. To use this technique the user will expend 20 spiritual Health Points themselves to activate it but regenerate 5 per turn in the following four turns.

Next! What can you tell me about this and how it differs from Inner Fire?

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yup yup!

(Kaen Kakkusei Iden: Maki) – Atavistic Flame: Kindling
Description: Kindling is an Atavistic technique that wraps either of the user’s hands in flame to heal themselves or another human target from sources of spiritual damage. The technique, while wrapping their hand in flame, inflicts no physical damage to those it touches and is instead quite warm and soothing to the touch. Kindling restores 50 spiritual Health Points per turn of direct contact with their target, either themselves or another human. To use this technique the user will expend 20 spiritual Health Points themselves to activate it but regenerate 5 per turn in the following four turns.

Next! What can you tell me about this and how it differs from Inner Fire?
Mystic palm but spirit healing. Spend 20 of your own spirit, heal 50, gain 5 back a turn each turn for 4. I mean healing yourself is cool, if you're on 70 spirit, use this, spend 20, heal 50, be back to max.

This is mystic palm, inner fire is sage mode style meditating, one is a lot more effective in battle.

Also... no chakra soooo c-c-c-comboooo

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
Good, next:

(Kaen Kakkusei Iden: Shinikakete Iru Nokoribi) – Atavistic Flame: Dying Embers
Description: Dying Embers is a technique that strengthens the regenerative effect after using an Atavistic technique. The technique is intended to hasten the pace at which a user recovers from using an Atavistic technique that consumes their spiritual health. Upon activation this technique effectively doubles the healing done overtime by Atavistic techniques; any excess health gained back is lost. This technique lasts for the user’s next three Atavistic techniques. After usage the user will be unable to regenerate from using Atavistic Flame techniques for three turns as well as be unable to use this technique again for that duration. It is activated the cost of a move but does not occupy a slot in the timeframe.
Note: Dying Embers cannot be used with Will to Survive's passive healing.

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good, next:

(Kaen Kakkusei Iden: Shinikakete Iru Nokoribi) – Atavistic Flame: Dying Embers
Description: Dying Embers is a technique that strengthens the regenerative effect after using an Atavistic technique. The technique is intended to hasten the pace at which a user recovers from using an Atavistic technique that consumes their spiritual health. Upon activation this technique effectively doubles the healing done overtime by Atavistic techniques; any excess health gained back is lost. This technique lasts for the user’s next three Atavistic techniques. After usage the user will be unable to regenerate from using Atavistic Flame techniques for three turns as well as be unable to use this technique again for that duration. It is activated the cost of a move but does not occupy a slot in the timeframe.
Note: Dying Embers cannot be used with Will to Survive's passive healing.
so you legit just double your spirit regen for 3 turns. Then you can’t do any spirit regen for 3 turns. It could help after a big attack that uses a lot of spirit if you getting low or something but it kinda limits how much you can use AF techs for the next 3 turns. It’s cool it doesn’t take a time frame slot thought

Alyx

Supreme
Kin
805💸
Kumi
1,385💴
Trait Points
80⚔️
so you legit just double your spirit regen for 3 turns. Then you can’t do any spirit regen for 3 turns. It could help after a big attack that uses a lot of spirit if you getting low or something but it kinda limits how much you can use AF techs for the next 3 turns. It’s cool it doesn’t take a time frame slot thought
Please be careful, it says next three Atavistic Flame Technique, not three turns. Which brings me to this point, pop quiz! My question is: If I used "Human Principle, draining 10 HP" while then using "Crown Fire, draining 20 HP". Does the HP regeneration of these techniques stack or not?

Pervyy

Immortal
Kin
3,689💸
Kumi
31,971💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Please be careful, it says next three Atavistic Flame Technique, not three turns. Which brings me to this point, pop quiz! My question is: If I used "Human Principle, draining 10 HP" while then using "Crown Fire, draining 20 HP". Does the HP regeneration of these techniques stack or not?
keep your pop quiz. I’m here to training not a test jeez

Tests are in their own section :lok: