About Nagato controlling Amegakure's rain...

Floydical

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I got the impression from the manga that he was directly causing the rain. In my mind, this explains how he could sense people and their chakra that were out in the rain. However, this would imply it didn't rain in the country normally and that it was all Nagato's doing. This is obviously not true, as the country has a history of raining essentially 24/7.

One of the underlings Jiraiya captured during his infiltration said it was odd that it was raining on a Sunday. I thought this meant that Nagato took the day off on Sundays and didn't expend energy controlling the rain once a week. Again, this wouldn't make sense knowing what we know about Amegakure. If he stopped his rain, the normal rain should take over.

So did I interpret this concept backwards? Was Nagato actually stopping the rain on Sundays rather than causing it every other day? If so, how would he be able to sense chakras with his rain if he wasn't controlling it? If he was indeed controlling the rain.... than wouldn't it still be raining after he stopped his artificial rain?

I hope my explanation makes sense here... I get the feeling I'm overthinking this one. Thoughts on the matter? Is anyone confused by this one?

Styles

Legendary
Kin
16💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He wasn't controlling the rain. It was just natural rain although he might have did something so he can watch over kumo with the rain.

Floydical

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He wasn't controlling the rain. It was just natural rain although he might have did something so he can watch over kumo with the rain.
How could he possibly stop the falling of natural rain across an entire village at will? Logically he could only stop it if he had been creating it right?

Styles

Legendary
Kin
16💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How could he possibly stop the falling of natural rain across an entire village at will? Logically he could only stop it if he had been creating it right?
He didn't stop it though....at least i don't remember he did. The rain stopped once konan died.

Floydical

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images
This was always my impression. So it is indeed directly contrary to Amegakure's 'never ending rain'. If he were to stop his chakra formed rainclouds from producing rain, then the natural rain should have taken over afterward.

He didn't stop it though....at least i don't remember he did. The rain stopped once konan died.
He did stop it, when he told Konan to go hunt for Jiraiya. This was to prevent her from getting her paper wet and weaken her.

Styles

Legendary
Kin
16💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This was always my impression. So it is indeed directly contrary to Amegakure's 'never ending rain'. If he were to stop his chakra formed rainclouds from producing rain, then the natural rain should have taken over afterward.

He did stop it, when he told Konan to go hunt for Jiraiya. This was to prevent her from getting her paper wet and weaken her.
Ah forgot about that. Because it was still raining even when Obito and Konan fought. And she was happy that it finally stopped.

Styles

Legendary
Kin
16💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I don't think he really controlled it though is what i meant. It's been raining in Kumo ever since they've been kids. Instead of making the rain he just did something else to actually use the rain as a medium for AOE sensing.