0⚔️
No point in letting them die in my CJ thread. So.... Mind of Creation

Genjutsu: Omoi no Kamui | Illusionary Arts: The Mind of Creation
Type: Supplementary/Offensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra: 40
Damage: 80
Description:
A powerfull technique were the user takes control of the enemy's 5 senses and makes him experience anything he can imagine. These illusions however are bound by the normal natural laws of Narutoverse (gravity, kinetics, etc) making it impossible to create unreal (in the context of Narutoverse) situations or scenarios. They can and may also be used to cause the enemy pain or distress or simply serve as a distraction or to camouflage the user in an escape or an attack. The genjutsu itself is done by performing 3 hand seals (Tiger+Ram+Horse) while inserting your chakra into the enemy's brain, disturbing his chakra flow and quickly gaining control over his senses. If the user is within short range of the enemy he can perform this technique with either 1 hand seal (Ram) or by looking directly into the enemy's eyes.

Note: Can only be used thrice per battle
Note2: User can't perform other Genjutsu in the same turn
Note3: User can't perform any technique above S-Rank on the same turn
Note4: Can affect multiple enemies
Note5: Can only be taught by Scorps

This tech allows you to create an illusion of anything you want, as long as its not unrealistic within the laws of narutoverse. This sounds more powerful than it is. Yes, you can virtually trap your opponents (works on more than one) into an illusion that is as realistic but that also means that you can't create anything that you wouldn't be able to create with other means.

For example. You can create the illusion of a gigantic fireball being shot at your opponent but you can't create the illusion that you used shinra tensei, considering you don't have the Rinnegan.

The limitations are the narutoverse rules and logic. This means its a technique that is hard to detect but it also means its effects can be rather simplistic.

Finally, you can affect only his 5 physical senses. So, eyesight, taste, touch, smell and hearing. You cannot manipulate his sense of time, his chakra sensing or any other sense he has besides the basic 5. This also means it doesn't trap the oponnent into a "dream world" like some other genjutsu. However, if you do create, for example, an effect which binds him, he will be unable to move as he'll feel and believe he is binded, like with any other Genjutsu

yes, you can choke someone with an illusionary root that sprouts from the ground and grabs the target and squeezes his neck. And, if he doesn't release from it, yes, he'll probably faint as his body will be feeling the effects of axfixiation. Thats the same for all other Genjutsu. If you create the ilusion of a given injury, the mind will react as if that injury was real. Thats the same for every single genjutsu. Thats actually how genjutsu does damage (in a sense) to your spirit/mind. By making it go through illusionary injuries, pain, suffering, etc Additionally, there are some responses from the body that are reflexive and involuntary, which can be "exploited" with using genjutsu to trigger behaviour and actions from your opponent that he wouldn't otherwise have control off.

However, you cannot simply "put someone to sleep" with this illusion or control his state of consciousness through it directly. There are gen that allows you to put people to sleep, dilate or contract time, detach their consciousness from their body and trap them in a "genjutsu world", etc etc. This one doesn't allow that. It merely creates illusions of the basic 5 senses.

The most effective way I found of using this technique is to trick the opponent by making him see me do something while I do something else. For example, i make him see me dash towards him with a rasengan in hand while in reality I step back to the side and shoot a fireball at him. You cannot make the opponent pass out, fall asleep, etc etc.

Questions?

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's a remarkably simple illusion that, as you were careful to point out, operates within the limits of the universe we play in as well as the character we play. Though I honestly don't see that as a weakness, necessarily. It just strikes me as more of a strength in the sense that the illusion you create are honest contextually to your bio and the environment around you. What really is interesting are the possibilities that expand with a technique like this when used in conjunction with Yin Release, more specifically 5 Element Illusion and other customs and what not along those lines.

No questions though.

Scorps

Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Next one then. You wanted missionary right?

Genjutsu: Senkyoushi | Illusionary Arts: Missionary
Type: Defensive/Supplementary
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra: 20
Damage: N/A (40 if done with hand seals)
Description:
The user will induce a simple but precise and useful illusion onto the enemy making him feel a blow was just delivered to the back of his knees. As a reflexive response, in reality his legs lose strength and the enemy falls on his knees immediately. While quite simple, the technique serves many purposes and leaves the enemy vulnerable. The technique can target other areas and deliver similar blows to induce other similar reflexive actions. If the user does 2 handseals (boar+rat) he can cause the enemy to experience pain and even target the enemy's neck from behind, making the enemy experience severe pain and loss of limb control for a few moments, collapsing to the ground as if a precise blow was given to a nervous cluster in the neck. Off course in reality, no damage is done but the body is fooled into reacting in a reflexive manner to the illusionary blows.
Note: Can only be taught by Scorps
Note: For the hit to cause damage, the user needs to do the handseals.

Now, this one is a more...deceptive one. You can basically make your opponent feel as if he received a blunt hit into an area of the body. The more effective area is behind the knee because your knee will then buckle and you'll fall, stumble wtv. But, you can use it in the back of the neck, to one side, to make your enemy drop a weapon he has in his hand. You can hit an eye to make the opponent instintively close it. The throat, to make him gasp. Etc etc. However, it will not make him feel pain unless you use handseals.

The limits here is that its not a lasting illusion or effect and it doesn't create a visual or auditory cue that helps foment the illusion. The enemy will recover fast and will immediately know something's up because he just received a hit and nothing hit him.

Also, to note that, even with pain, you cannot cause lasting effects or knock someone out by targint the back to their head for example. Its not that strong of a hit. Its rank (B-Rank) was necessary due to the precision it requires and not so much the damage.

Questions?

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This makes sense. The only question I have is regarding the hand seal note. Let me put forth a scenario for you. EMS users can utilize Genjutsu without hand seals, only relying on eye contact. How would this impact the damage aspect of Missionary? Would this exclude EMS users from being able to inflict damage with their ability to use Illusions without hand seals? Would you say they'd need to perform the hand seals anyway?

Scorps

Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thats a good question. Normally, all passive abilities that allow someone to use a given skill set without handseals supraceeds the techniques own necessity for handseals. This would include EMS and this Genjutsu. However, I don't know what rulings have been made on that since I stopped RPing.