Legendary
Kin
24💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I've been wondering on how Blackbeard is able to have two devil fruits and how he acquired the Quake-Quake fruit as well.

We all know that his Yami-Yami fruit has the power to nullify other devil fruits by touching the opponent.

Quote from Onepiece.wikia
"The most unique and powerful advantage of the fruit is that the user also has the ability to nullify the powers of other Devil Fruit users by simply touching them and draining them of their abilities."

"Draining them of their ability."

Lets think of the devil fruits abilities, like a soul attached to a living person, just like the soul, the devil fruit's power is attached to the person who ate it.
Blackbeards Yami-yami power allows him to absorb ANYTHING, including devil fruits powers, however, he cannot absorb it during the battle, because it is attached to the opponent, but when the opponent dies, the connection between the person who ate the devil fruit, and the devil fruit power isn't so strong, so Blackbeard is able to drain the dead body of its power completely, stealing the power for himself.

I'm not sure if he can only absorb 1 devil's fruit, but I think, in the end of One Piece, Blackbeard will have several devils fruits, but not very much haki, I think.

Also, one more thing I've been wondering about.. Jewelry Bonney, has a DF ability, to manipulate her own age, as well as the age of the people surrounding her, so when she was captured, she was tied up to that pillar, shouldn't she have been able to make herself very little, reducing the size of her arms, freeing herself from the chains, or were the chains made out of Kairoseki, which I don't think they were, because of the kick she delivered on blackbeard looked kind of powerful.

Last edited:
Reactions: +luffy+
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nice theory, definetly a possibility

I started reading one piece a couple of weeks ago and i got so into it that i finished just recently. I used to think naruto was the best manga but i guess i have been proven wrong

And maybe if blackbeard holds onto someone long enough he can rip there devil fruit ablility away from them and thats why Bonney could not escape

Shayan

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nice anyways wat do u guys think about bleach ichigo lost his powers now wat will happen will he get his powers again or the manga finished???

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think you're searching a bit to deep on some points. Instead of comparing it to a soul attached you can best see it as a merging between the DF and the users body. DF give the user some kind of physical ability. So when the persons dies that DF is still in his body till the body decays. This is also indicated that normally a person should explode when eating 2 DF. That a body explodes is imaginable, though every saw a soul explode?

The reason as why he waited till WB is pretty simple: try to get the DF out of him while he's still alive o_O that's impossible. It a person dies and a DF is just attached to his body it's quite easy in theory to substract his power.

And no I don't think he's going to get more DF powers. He said it himself he has the power to destroy the world and to bring it to nothingness. His Yami fruit makes all DF powers useless, his Quake fruit destroys everything.

WB said it himself that BB had weak defences as he was to overconfident, howsever now with the Quake fruit that's gone too, so no I don't think he's going to have more DF powers just because he doesn't need any.

uzamaki2223

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i think that ur theory makes a lot of sense and very plausible. i actually think that the pursuit of more DF powers is going to b one of BB downfalls.

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I can't say I fully agree with your theory, because I'm still waiting to learn more about Devil Fruits. They do fascinate me, but they're still very vague.

Now, for your question, the ropes don't really need to be made from Kairoseki. None of her crew is able to match Blackbeards in strength. They were probably beaten senseless before they were captured. When you're against such powerful forces, even if you fight for a while, you'll end up acknowledging that you not strong enough to directly face them. Yes, she could turn herself and her crew into babies, thus escaping the ropes. But she was surrounded by the Blackbeards, and the fight would reach the same results, with them ending up tied up again (or dead, Blackbeard doesn't really strike me as a merciful guy...). If, by some reason, she was left alone, she could have used that ability of her's to escape... but not in the circumstances she was in

Mugiwara

Legendary
Kin
24💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I can't say I fully agree with your theory, because I'm still waiting to learn more about Devil Fruits. They do fascinate me, but they're still very vague.

Now, for your question, the ropes don't really need to be made from Kairoseki. None of her crew is able to match Blackbeards in strength. They were probably beaten senseless before they were captured. When you're against such powerful forces, even if you fight for a while, you'll end up acknowledging that you not strong enough to directly face them. Yes, she could turn herself and her crew into babies, thus escaping the ropes. But she was surrounded by the Blackbeards, and the fight would reach the same results, with them ending up tied up again (or dead, Blackbeard doesn't really strike me as a merciful guy...). If, by some reason, she was left alone, she could have used that ability of her's to escape... but not in the circumstances she was in
They could have escape when Blackbeards escaped, but I guess that was pointless, cause the marines would prolly have caught em before they would have gotten far.

~Falcon~

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i totally agree with Liliana..............And even if she escaped after BB left there was Akaino.... With her crew she would never have won that battle......

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
But he's greedy. He may get hooked on DF. Also he isn't very bright...
He's not greedy, at least not so that you can call him really greedy. If that would be then he could have easily taken Ace's DF power too. If you say he needed him, that was not really true as his original target was Luffy and if he wouldn't be that very bright he wouldn't have given it a second thought.

Not to mention that he pulled a fast one on both the WG as WB and you could call him the real victor of the War at the Summit. So even though he appears to be a stinking dipstick, he still is very cunning.

As I said he doesn't need any other powers anymore. He has got the power to nullify all DF powers + the power to destroy the world and it's highely likely he can use haki considering the amount of knowledge he has of it. He doesn't need any other DF powers and I doubt he's just going to get them out of greed as he hasn't shown to be so greedy.

Also it would ruin the plot. In the One Piece world having two DF powers was unprecedented and shocked the world. If you're going to say that he now has 10 DF powers it's just ridiculous. It's always possible, but I doubt it.

Atrocitus

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We will have to wait till they meet Dr Vegapunk, who knows the most about the relationship between people and DF. He apparently knows what DFs are.

~Hasashi~

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I personally think that the DF have a very strong connection to the void century.

Vegapunk was able to name them all and since no DF is the same they were obviously created by someone and aren't a natural thing.
They said that before the WG there was a great country blah blah blah, They probably created the DF.