lswhyte123

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As a fan of Naruto and someone who really can't stand the anime cause of all the filler. I still find it amazing how little has been clarified with regards to one of the main and what should be, one of the best characters.

I find that we see little of Sasuke and the information regarding how he gets his techniques and essentially develops. I would have preferred if we'd actually seen Sasuke's development a little more. I also think this would result in a little less Sasuke-hate.

I wanted to know how Sasuke developed Kirin.
I wanted to know exactly why and how Sasuke became so strong, when from what we were seeing, Naruto was surpassing him by a large margin.
I do dislike that Sasuke is given many gifts and upgrades and think Kishi would have made fans hate/dislike him less, had Sasuke trained, learnt and developed. Which was possible, as he was a genius.
I wanted to watch Sasuke develop his skills and learn techniques which were awe-inspiring and see it happen. (naruto & the Rasenshuriken, Sage Mode, Kyuubi Mode etc)

I essentially wanted to see Sasuke's development and not just see him briefly get a new power-up and use it for a few chapters until the next one came along. This has annoyed me a lot as Sasuke should not have needed any of these 'gifts' to be on Naruto's level, it should have just been who he is.

}I wish Kishi had painted Sasuke in a clearer and better light. While I appreciate the dark nature of his character, I wanted to watch this 'dark knight' as it were, develop and each stage.

Anyone else feel the same?

Reactions: Snape Uchiha
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sasuke stopped trying to get stronger after he unlocked his Mangekyo Sharingan because he knew that Kishi would always give him Gifts of free power-ups to be on par with Naruto.

To be honest, the Sage's Rod and Senjutsu are probably one of the few (if not only) power-ups that Naruto hasn't trained/worked for and received himself.

Last edited:

lswhyte123

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sasuke stopped trying to get stronger after he unlocked his Mangekyo Sharingan because he knew that Kishi would always give him Gifts of free power-ups to be on par with Naruto.
This is what I don't like. Sasuke would be more respected and likeable as a character, as he should be, had Kishi just continued his development and not spammed upgrades.

Everyone should be in a position to both like & dislike Sasuke. However, no one should be saying he gets given things for free but sadly, that's what Kishi has done to what should be, the genius of the show...

It was meant to be about the genius of hard work=Naruto & the genius who is born to be great=Sasuke

It should be about two people who worked in different ways to get to the same place. Not about one working and the other getting.

Gagster

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sasuke has to be made like that because there is NO WHERE near enough time to focus on his development. It would be like giving each of the other K11 an entire arc for themselves. And fanboys get mad when I say "The manga is called Naruto". Of course their not going to waste time/money on things that aren't absolutely needed.

wolf wizard

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As a fan of Naruto and someone who really can't stand the anime cause of all the filler. I still find it amazing how little has been clarified with regards to one of the main and what should be, one of the best characters.
I find that we see little of Sasuke and the information regarding how he gets his techniques and essentially develops. I would have preferred if we'd actually seen Sasuke's development a little more. I also think this would result in a little less Sasuke-hate.
I wanted to know how Sasuke developed Kirin.
I wanted to know exactly why and how Sasuke became so strong, when from what we were seeing, Naruto was surpassing him by a large margin.
I do dislike that Sasuke is given many gifts and upgrades and think Kishi would have made fans hate/dislike him less, had Sasuke trained, learnt and developed. Which was possible, as he was a genius.
I wanted to watch Sasuke develop his skills and learn techniques which were awe-inspiring and see it happen. (naruto & the Rasenshuriken, Sage Mode, Kyuubi Mode etc)
I essentially wanted to see Sasuke's development and not just see him briefly get a new power-up and use it for a few chapters until the next one came along. This has annoyed me a lot as Sasuke should not have needed any of these 'gifts' to be on Naruto's level, it should have just been who he is.
}I wish Kishi had painted Sasuke in a clearer and better light. While I appreciate the dark nature of his character, I wanted to watch this 'dark knight' as it were, develop and each stage.
Anyone else feel the same?
you are absolutely right

Chīkara

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

To be honest, the Sage's Rod and Senjutsu are probably one of the few (if not only) power-ups that Naruto hasn't trained/worked for and received himself.
Lmao.. the Kyuubi ? The other 8 tailed beasts ?

Sasuke atleast had to kill for his powers, and fight.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is what I don't like. Sasuke would be more respected and likeable as a character, as he should be, had Kishi just continued his development and not spammed upgrades.

Everyone should be in a position to both like & dislike Sasuke. However, no one should be saying he gets given things for free but sadly, that's what Kishi has done to what should be, the genius of the show...

It was meant to be about the genius of hard work=Naruto & the genius who is born to be great=Sasuke

It should be about two people who worked in different ways to get to the same place. Not about one working and the other getting.
Naruto worked for Sage Mode; Sasuke only had to cry to get Mangekyo Sharingan.
Naruto had to work and fight the Nine Tails to master Tailed Beast Mode; Sasuke had Obito implant Itachi's eyes.
Naruto had to work to befriend all Bijuu and get their chakra; Sasuke was just enjoying his freebies at the moment.
Then the Sage gave them power-ups, but Naruto only received the Sage's Rods and Senjutsu and Sasuke got the Sage's Senjutsu and an Advanced Sharingan. Come on now, how is Sasuke not getting free power-ups?

You know Damn Well Sasuke had to cry to unlock his Mangekyo Sharingan.
He stole Orochimaru's Body as a power-up prior to that, which was good, but was the only power-up he worked for. Then he lost all that "hard work" when Itachi defeated Orochimaru.

Sasuke has to be made like that because there is NO WHERE near enough time to focus on his development. It would be like giving each of the other K11 an entire arc for themselves.
This should seriously be done in the Anime.

Last edited:

lswhyte123

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I am not saying that other people didn't receive help in various ways, but for most it is at least clarified. What I will say though, is that the Biju are more of a curse than anything else. Only a few people in the Narutoverse have managed to master them and not be killed by them and cause vast amounts of death and damage.

Who did Sasuke have to kill for his powers exactly?

Naruto had to work and fight the Nine Tails to master Tailed Beast Mode; Sasuke had Obito implant Itachi's eyes.
Naruto had to work to befriend all Bijuu and get their chakra; Sasuke was just enjoying his freebies at the moment.
Then the Sage gave them power-ups, but Naruto only received the Sage's Rods and Senjutsu and Sasuke got the Sage's Senjutsu and an Advanced Sharingan. Come on now, how is Sasuke not getting free power-ups?

He is getting free power-ups. That's my whole point.

What I am saying is that I am not happy that Kishi has done this. Sasuke should not be known as the character who had it all given to him, but he is. He always will be now.

Sasuke Uchiha Susanoo

Veteran
Kin
23💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Naruto never got stronger, he got gifts from kishi too you know. Kyuubi shit was a gift nigasengan also, kyuubi mode same...

Sugiyama

Elite
Kin
100💸
Kumi
4,302💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Kishimoto said in an interview (I don’t remember which one), when he was asked why sasuke doesn't get training arcs like naruto, that sasuke learns too quickly that it would be ‘boring’ to watch.

Gagster

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

He stole Orochimaru's Body as a power-up prior to that, which was good, but was the only power-up he worked for. Then he lost all that "hard work" when Itachi defeated Orochimaru.

The same way DBZ did? Never going to happen.

lswhyte123

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kishimoto said in an interview (I don’t remember which one), when he was asked why sasuke doesn't get training arcs like naruto, that sasuke learns too quickly that it would be ‘boring’ to watch.
I think every single Naruto fan would disagree with him lol.

If that's the case, that's a shame. It also doesn't excuse his giving Sasuke the constant gifts. If he has to give Sasuke gifts, I think we'd like an explanation of how he just knows how to use them and where some of his skills come from.

Naruto never got stronger, he got gifts from kishi too you know. Kyuubi shit was a gift nigasengan also, kyuubi mode same...
1: Naruto did get stronger than Sasuke so just be quiet. When Sasuke attacked Naruto on the rooftop, it was because he felt beneath Naruto and wanted to try to prove who was really better. Realising that Naruto was getting better and stronger than him, was what made Sasuke flee and pursue new power at any cost. Even implanted by Orochimaru.

2: The Biju have all got stories which are explained clearly and we see how Naruto develops his relationship with Kurama and how they struggle to live with one another. It was a hardship, not a gift.

The same way DBZ did? Never going to happen.
In Naruto, they show a lot of character background information on many of the characters and tend to highlight where they get their skills from. I'm just saying, why not do the same with Sasuke, instead of just giving him moves with no reference to origin.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

You're obviously a Naruto hater. Do you seriously think Naruto never got stronger?
Naruto was forced to have the Kyuubi; it was a gift from his Parents.
He had to train and master Rasengan and fight the gift his parents gave him to unlock the Kyuubi Mode.

Is this what it's like talking to a Sasuke Fan?

Do you have proof/a link to the Interview? And that doesn't answer to why Sasuke gets freebies.

That's just Kishi saying, I don't have time for that shit, let me just give him the damn power-ups.

Styles

Legendary
Kin
16💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

All that was during or after a fight that's his training and how he uses his power ups.....Even Obito said that's why he sent Sasuke to the kage summit to TRAIN his eyes and hopefully weaken the kages

TrollKing

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That funny or you stupid?? Sasuke would learn so quick, so it end up he didn't learn shet?!! XD

lswhyte123

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
All that was during or after a fight that's his training and how he uses his power ups.....Even Obito said that's why he sent Sasuke to the kage summit to TRAIN his eyes and hopefully weaken the kages
By fighting the Kage, Sasuke almost lost his sight and then needed to have Itachi's implanted. I think this was Tobi's real intention. To make Sasuke as strong as possible and use him as a pawn.
He only really weakened Aye who was stupid and hot headed. Once Gaara arrived, the fight was over as he used a strong defence to buy time and preserve Aye's remaining limbs. While Gaara had no intention of fighting Sasuke, it was clear watching Sasuke face off against Onoki and mizukage Mei, that he was no match. Had Tobi not come to get Sasuke out of there, it would have been the end of him.
Knowing Sasuke's lack of power will always be enough to drive him to wanting more, he sent him. He knew Sasuke would be beaten and thus would request Itachi's eyes.

TrollKing

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
By fighting the Kage, Sasuke almost lost his sight and then needed to have Itachi's implanted. I think this was Tobi's real intention. To make Sasuke as strong as possible and use him as a pawn.
He only really weakened Aye who was stupid and hot headed. Once Gaara arrived, the fight was over as he used a strong defence to buy time and preserve Aye's remaining limbs. While Gaara had no intention of fighting Sasuke, it was clear watching Sasuke face off against Onoki and mizukage Mei, that he was no match. Had Tobi not come to get Sasuke out of there, it would have been the end of him.
Knowing Sasuke's lack of power will always be enough to drive him to wanting more, he sent him. He knew Sasuke would be beaten and thus would request Itachi's eyes.

Yup, on the other hand naruto has a bunch of groupies babysit him while he's training. And sasuke has to put his life on the line in the training since hebi days

saw2097

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The reason we don't get Sasuke training arcs is simple, he isn't the main character, Sasuke is a deuteragonist not the protagonist.

Once Kishi was asked why Sasuke doesn't get his own movie, he replied that he isn't the main character. Doing an arc about Sasuke learning would be like doing an entire arc on Shikamaru or any of the other characters training.

Its not like we get a Sakura training arc either or a Sai training arc.