MartinRico

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So far Luffy and Law vs DD has taken at least 10 hours(uneducated guess), nowhere near the admirals fight or even Ace and Jinbei's 5 day fight.
Will we ever see a Luffy battle that will last days? and if so, how do you think time will pass in the fight? The best idea I can come up with is "Spongebob Narrator voice" 10 days later lol

Oda will need to start extending the lengths of fights because if Akainu and Aokiji could last 10 days on Punk Hazard, but when the EoS comes around and if they fight again and they only last a couple of hours, then wth were they doing on PH to last that long?

MartinRico

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
u want fights to be longer rather thn like Rob Lucci vs Luffy, a couple of hours just going at each other full brawl?
I wouldn't mind a full brawl but I want them lasting longer than a couple of hours. If Akainu and Aokiji can do it for ten days, then Luffy better start working on his stamina.

sage1999

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I wouldn't mind a full brawl but I want them lasting longer than a couple of hours. If Akainu and Aokiji can do it for ten days, then Luffy better start working on his stamina.
yh but the thing is most likely we'll never see a long battle for 10 days straight due to the manga time and the amount of creativity it would take, plus it would mean nelecting other characters and slowing down the plot. While it would be epic it probably wont happen

Spha

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I bet that 10 day fight, they had rests in btwn it, its higly impossible to fight withut restin always using ur power withut a break.....hell u can't even stay awake for 10 full days, how can u fight withut a rest.

MartinRico

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
yh but the thing is most likely we'll never see a long battle for 10 days straight due to the manga time and the amount of creativity it would take, plus it would mean nelecting other characters and slowing down the plot. While it would be epic it probably wont happen
It would be epic. I was just thinking, why say that their fight can last ten days if they can only last a couple hours. I'm pretty sure he has some shit planned.
I bet that 10 day fight, they had rests in btwn it, its higly impossible to fight withut restin always using ur power withut a break.....hell u can't even stay awake for 10 full days, how can u fight withut a rest.
It's One Piece.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It would be epic. I was just thinking, why say that their fight can last ten days if they can only last a couple hours. I'm pretty sure he has some shit planned.

It's One Piece.
They took breaks in the fights don't be naïve. They fight for a few hours and tire each other out, then they rest, then they try to gain the upper hand again. It's essentially a big pushing match with nobody gaining any ground. They did not fight non stop for 240 consecutive hours.

MartinRico

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
They took breaks in the fights don't be naïve. They fight for a few hours and tire each other out, then they rest, then they try to gain the upper hand again. It's essentially a big pushing match with nobody gaining any ground. They did not fight non stop for 240 consecutive hours.
This is One Piece.

jiraiya lives

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So far Luffy and Law vs DD has taken at least 10 hours(uneducated guess), nowhere near the admirals fight or even Ace and Jinbei's 5 day fight.
Will we ever see a Luffy battle that will last days? and if so, how do you think time will pass in the fight? The best idea I can come up with is "Spongebob Narrator voice" 10 days later lol

Oda will need to start extending the lengths of fights because if Akainu and Aokiji could last 10 days on Punk Hazard, but when the EoS comes around and if they fight again and they only last a couple of hours, then wth were they doing on PH to last that long?

They were on a date until Aokiji became cold hearted after the 5th day and Akainu thought he was cheating so they began fighting U_U

Reactions: MartinRico

MartinRico

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's not a valid answer. Show any instance in OP that shows anyone doing anything for 24 hours straight. Also it never said they had a 10 day consecutive battle just that the fight lasted 10 days. It's only your interpretation that it lasted for every second of those ten days.
It's only your interpretation that it didn't last for every second of those ten days. :D
They were on a date until Aokiji became cold hearted after the 5th day and Akainu thought he was cheating so they began fighting U_U
That sonofa***** lol

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

He doesn't need to extend his battles, that Aokiji & Akainu and Ace & Jinbei fought for several days doesn't really matter. That they fought for so long simply means two things: they have huge stamina and far more importantly their powers are practically even and then I'm not talking about something like they're the same tier, but that they're evenly match to the smallest of details. So that they fought for a long period of time really should not be used as a parameter for the lengths of other characters fights. In theory two characters who are stronger than either of the above mentioned ones, could have a fight that ended in one second depending on the difference in strength between the two characters and the nature of their abilities. Same thing for characters that would be weaker, they could likewise have a lengthy fight as long as their stamina allows it and the difference in power and ability is exactly even.

Akainu and Aokiji were two admirals, one using magma and the other ice. Jinbei was a Shichibukai and Ace was someone invited to become one, one using water and the other fire. Both strength wise as ability wise these match-ups were almost completely even, there was nothing that could give one person the edge over the other, but this really does not apply to most battles where there's a difference in strength and/or a difference in the abilities used that could give one character the edge over the other. So no there is really no need to have fights that last 10 days on screen.

Also that simply does not work. It's really no coincidence that both of these lengthy fights almost completely happened off-screen. In essence what happened during those fights wasn't important, only the result was. Someone had to become the new Fleet Admiral, but that Akainu and Aokiji fought 10 days for that position was really not important, that was just to make it more interesting for the story. You can't have a battle for 10 days on screen, that would take a hellish long amount of time to draw unless you would start skipping large parts of the fight. However if you do that, it means the fight itself was not important which in return makes it redundant to have a fight lasting so long.

Last edited:

MartinRico

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He doesn't need to extend his battles, that Aokiji & Akainu and Ace & Jinbei fought for several days doesn't really matter. That they fought for so long simply means two things: they have huge stamina and far more importantly their powers are practically even and then I'm not talking about something like they're the same tier, but that they're evenly match to the smallest of details. So that they fought for a long period of time really should not be used as a parameter for the lengths of other characters fights. In theory two characters who are stronger than either of the above mentioned ones, could have a fight that ended in one second depending on the difference in strength between the two characters and the nature of their abilities. Same thing for characters that would be weaker, they could likewise have a lengthy fight as long as their stamina allows it and the difference in power and ability is exactly even.

Akainu and Aokiji were two admirals, one using magma and the other ice. Jinbei was a Shichibukai and Ace was someone invited to become one, one using water and the other fire. Both strength wise as ability wise these match-ups were almost completely even, there was nothing that could give one person the edge over the other, but this really does not apply to most battles where there's a difference in strength and/or a difference in the abilities used that could give one character the edge over the other. So no there is really no need to have fights that last 10 days on screen.

Also that simply does not work. It's really no coincidence that both of these lengthy fights almost completely happened off-screen. In essence what happened during those fights wasn't important, only the result was. Someone had to become the new Fleet Admiral, but that Akainu and Aokiji fought 10 days for that position was really not important, that was just to make it more interesting for the story. You can't have a battle for 10 days on screen, that would take a hellish long amount of time to draw unless you would start skipping large parts of the fight. However if you do that, it means the fight itself was not important which in return makes it redundant to have a fight lasting so long.
Need to spread rep around before giving it to you D: