:0 What was the most recent movie you've watched?

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The Florida Project

saw this last night for the first time, pretty dope, the good movie streak is still alive. had like slice of life type vibe. the beginning was kind of like atmospheric and casual which i figured would be some sort of contrast to the end, it was too chill but it did a good job of making you connect with the characters. my girlfriend kept calling the kids bébé' kids, which they were super ghetto. but ive known kids like that growing up and when i delivered lunches during the summer to like communities like that and trailer parks and shit. they were bad ass kids but in the end theyre just kids and the parents are at fault for them being so ghetto. movie was just real as shit, acting was great from everyone. the ending was so sad but i knew it probably would be based on the first half. i didnt look but i wouldnt be surprised if this won some awards at a film festival when it released. great acting, the little girl was specifically super good, great filming and story. excellent movie id watch again

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Donnie Brasco

never saw this but they added it to HBO Max so my lady was hyping it, definitely a fantastic movie. stars two of my favorite actors Al Pacino and Johnny Deep. the acting is top tier of course and the story is great. without spoiling it Johnny Deep is like a deep undercover agent who finally becomes an affiliated initiate in the Queens borough Mafia when Al Pacino decides he likes him. i really liked how they showed the rankings they have in the Mafia and Johnny Deep starts off trying to bust them but eventually starts really becoming a real mobster and its affecting him. excellent movie i cant really find a fault in. like this type of shit usually bothers me, i dont like cops for one but especially ones that are pretending too be cool to take everyone down, its entrapment in reality. but they really captured how fucked up that is in this movie, where even Johnny didnt like it after he started getting to know the mafia members. great movie id definitely watch again and im glad i saw