:0 What was the most recent movie you've watched?

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900πŸ’Έ
Kumi
15πŸ’΄
Trait Points
0βš”οΈ
Awards
Shaft (2019)

never saw this or any of the older ones. but yo this movie was hilarious, Samuel L. Jackson was so funny in this, me and my girl were dead throughout this, he had great timing comedically. i also like the father son bonding after not being in each others lives element to the story. the plot overall wasnt really the strongest not gonna lie, the action sequences also werent like Die Hard or Bad Boys level, was hella average gun fights but the dialogue was fantastic throughout this. the soundtrack was also pretty good, every character was pretty much cool as shit except the goofy ass son but he comes around by the end. overall a fun movie id watch again if was on by chance. i dont think id search it out though but if it was on TV or some shit, worth watching

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900πŸ’Έ
Kumi
15πŸ’΄
Trait Points
0βš”οΈ
Awards
Beautiful Creatures

watched this for the first time last night. my lady picked it, was decent. i initially hated on Twilight like everyone else when it came out. but i returned too them and enjoyed them as a love story with a bit of a supernatural element. this movie was kinda like that but in the south and instead of vampires they were like magic users. first love type relationship but i liked the concept overall surrounding the duality of light and dark, even though thats kind of staple for supernatural type stuff. decent movie

Paid in Full

Halloween (2018)

never saw this but ive seen just about every other movie in this franchise. how is it that this is a Halloween movie where you dont actually see anyone die? like miss me with the allusion of death, its less impactful when you dont actually see the person get murked. my girlfriend didnt understand but serial killer movies where you dont see anyone die is bullshit im sorry. i like that they brought back Jamie Lee Curtis and her role was believable up until she started fumbling with the shoty. youve been preparing for this fight for like 30 years and you cant hold the gun suddenly when it matters. i thought it was decent but the Rob Zombie joint is still the best. but show the deaths otherwise rate this PG-13

Rebel Without A Cause (1955)

never seen this but yo this movie was escalation city. like just simple shit escalated to like the most extreme scenarios, it was funny how every element of plot in this movie went from zero to one hundred off of like mad petty shit. made it super entertaining though. the acting was okay, the plot was struggles on being a teen with trash parents but the scenarios escalating so fast and extremely was funny and entertaining. and this all happened in one day, was crazy. i liked this though no real problems or the ones that are plot wise just fall unto the escalator

Last edited by a moderator:

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900πŸ’Έ
Kumi
15πŸ’΄
Trait Points
0βš”οΈ
Awards
Enemy of the State

hated the cinematography in this, its like that show 24 that use to come on back in the day, even has like those typed letter popping on the screen to tell location. had this like filter over it i didnt like also. the story was great though, Will Smith did great in this, actually everyone did. overall im glad i saw this, i almost stopped because of the filming though but good movie. NSA could straight up ruin your life if they wanted too

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900πŸ’Έ
Kumi
15πŸ’΄
Trait Points
0βš”οΈ
Awards
John Wick Chapter 3: Parabellum

this movie was so dope, i loved it. my girl has seen the others and wanted to watch this once they added it. but ive never seen them but man the action is dope. the fight scenes were really good, perfect actually. Keanu was a fucking grim reaper in this bitch, doesnt matter the scenario, hand to hand, weapons, how many people, on motorcycles, hes gonna kill you. he was also hella durable and had a lot of stamina, like he was death. i liked the assassin world they built enough for me to want to go back and see the other movies. but the plot that was there was kind of bad imo at first but my girl explained why some stuff seemed stupid because of events in other movies. definitely going to go back and watch the others but the action scenes alone were sooo good man...

the second scene for example was in like a weapons armory...like look at this shit

You must be registered for see medias

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371πŸ’Έ
Kumi
1,003πŸ’΄
Trait Points
0βš”οΈ
Awards
Mid 90s.
Jonah Hill is a hidden genius, this is the only good 90s movie or show I have ever seen I can relate to this so much, an exxagarated versionf of those stuck in the 90s. Now I want a show with the 70s, 80s and 90s all taking place in chronolgoical order to show the cultural evolution of these times.
Take that Stranger things.

Reactions: GrapeApe

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900πŸ’Έ
Kumi
15πŸ’΄
Trait Points
0βš”οΈ
Awards
Insomnia

was a pretty good movie old Tony Montana is in this (Al Pacino) and the plot was really good. everyone did a good job in this though Hillary Swanks character was a little bland. im usually not into like cop movies but he was like a good detective who got caught up in playing both sides. the only problem is once he started having trouble sleeping, why didnt he just get some sleep aids or take something? theres so much stuff that causes drowsiness that was a major plot hole we found hard to ignore. idk how much sleep wouldve helped his situation but that seemed to be a big plot point with a simple solution. other than that it was better than average

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371πŸ’Έ
Kumi
1,003πŸ’΄
Trait Points
0βš”οΈ
Awards
Insomnia

was a pretty good movie old Tony Montana is in this (Al Pacino) and the plot was really good. everyone did a good job in this though Hillary Swanks character was a little bland. im usually not into like cop movies but he was like a good detective who got caught up in playing both sides. the only problem is once he started having trouble sleeping, why didnt he just get some sleep aids or take something? theres so much stuff that causes drowsiness that was a major plot hole we found hard to ignore. idk how much sleep wouldve helped his situation but that seemed to be a big plot point with a simple solution. other than that it was better than average
That movie was a remake.

Reactions: GrapeApe

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900πŸ’Έ
Kumi
15πŸ’΄
Trait Points
0βš”οΈ
Awards
The Adjustment Bureau

watched this yesterday for the first time, this is definitely one of the best movies ive seen and now one of my favorites, straight up my alley. the acting was great but the plot was just beautiful conceptually and flowed really well. i cant really think of anything i didnt like about it and me and my lady were glued to the screen. also made me think, i firmly believe in destiny and a greater plan. even like pursuing my music career, when i became successful i realized it wasnt really about me in the grander scheme. just made us think and discuss how certain moments in our life might have been "Adjustments". this movie was dope ordered it off of amazon as soon as we finished

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900πŸ’Έ
Kumi
15πŸ’΄
Trait Points
0βš”οΈ
Awards
Bedazzled

never seen this, movie was rough. had a couple of laughs in the beginning to trick me into watching it but it becomes predictable hella fast. like he made a deal with the devil and you had to keep watching ways the devil would mess up his wishes. just became really predictable and it wasnt really funny either, i dont like forced comedy. the ending was such a cop out to make it happy. this is the first bad movie my girlfriend has picked though so her streak ended... great message just the execution was below average, acting wasnt bad but the plot sucked so that kind of canceled that out

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900πŸ’Έ
Kumi
15πŸ’΄
Trait Points
0βš”οΈ
Awards
Ad Astra

never saw this, pretty good movie, better than average. i thought visually it was really dope and had atmospheric scenes. kinda like 2001 A Space Odyssey in that way though not as drawn out or psychedelic. the plot was aight, Brad Pitt's dad was trash but had some interesting concepts related to space exploration. like i could see countries fighting over territories of newly settled planets or the moon. my lady brought up a point that emotionless acting isnt really hard to do, which made sense. so the acting was kind of meh but the movie as a whole was better than average

Reactions: Chikombo

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900πŸ’Έ
Kumi
15πŸ’΄
Trait Points
0βš”οΈ
Awards
Super Dark Times

never saw this but the movie was pretty good, had like an indie vibe. the acting was okay, the main character had an annoying personality, actually i didnt like any of the characters except the β€œgirlfriend” but i liked the story as a whole. the dialogue made sense but their personalities, if i was in high school i probably wouldnt like these kids -except- the girl that liked the main character Allison, she was cool. but aside from that i did enjoy it though i was judging their logic heavily, it made me and my lady engaged in what was happening so it did its job. better than average, also went in a direction i wasnt expecting
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
Swimming Pool

this was another good one we never saw before. at first it was kind of slow but i liked the characters, the acting was good and the story got pretty good. nothing special with filming but i enjoyed this. nice nudity, one of the main characters had beautiful breasts for her body, like they hung perfectly, the shape, how they moved and they were out all of the time, which was a good move on the directors part. ive actually have known a lot of people like the characters in this personality wise so it was really relatable. id watch it again, the story also does a good job of making you think its going in a certain direction but when it does the outcome is unexpected
β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”
Devils Advocate

movie was right up my alley, my lady saw this but i never have and loved it. great acting, fantastic plot that i loved everything about. i cant really think of an issue with this movie, its kind of hard to explain without ruining it but this was excellent, glad i saw it. also this is the first non action role ive seen Keanu in and he did great, i saw him one other time in one in this movie where he was an abusive boyfriend and that was really bad acting. Tony Montana(Al Pacino) was great as usual. Charlize Theron put on a clinic with her performance, she can act her ass off. but yeah loved this