:0 What was the most recent movie you've watched?

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Doctor Sleep

im like one of the few people who thinks The Shining is overrated. but my girlfriend really wanted to see this one, it like the sequel i guess to that 70s? film. anyways this movie started off pretty good, i thought it was actually better than the shining for a while there. i definitely feel like they ran out of good ideas towards the end though, then they were just reliving scenes from the shining like :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:...step out of the shadow please. this movie really couldve been a lot better all the villains got washed hella easy too

Reactions: Chikombo

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice: Ultimate Edition

they added this last night, never seen it so we decided to watch it. the plot of this movie is basically a bad version of The Watchmen, really wasnt feeling the plot or how it transitioned between scenes. maybe because this version had like extra scenes or something? but i didnt like how it kept jumping around, also that dude playing Lex Luther was not a good choice and Batmans story arc was terrible, like hes a genius acting like an idiot child, even Alfred was sick of his shit, ive never seen a worse Batman. it was just kind of a really bad portrayal of his character so the fight would make sense

but i didnt know Gal Gadot's beautiful self was in this movie. also the fight choreography was incredibly good, specifically Batman in two scenes fighting goons. it flowed so well and was realistic. also the last fight was amazing, so the action was good but the story could miss me, also the version we watched was a little over 3 hours...okay movie though

Reactions: Chikombo

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice: Ultimate Edition

they added this last night, never seen it so we decided to watch it. the plot of this movie is basically a bad version of The Watchmen, really wasnt feeling the plot or how it transitioned between scenes. maybe because this version had like extra scenes or something? but i didnt like how it kept jumping around, also that dude playing Lex Luther was not a good choice and Batmans story arc was terrible, like hes a genius acting like an idiot child, even Alfred was sick of his shit, ive never seen a worse Batman. it was just kind of a really bad portrayal of his character so the fight would make sense

but i didnt know Gal Gadot's beautiful self was in this movie. also the fight choreography was incredibly good, specifically Batman in two scenes fighting goons. it flowed so well and was realistic. also the last fight was amazing, so the action was good but the story could miss me, also the version we watched was a little over 3 hours...okay movie though
I think BVS works as an in universe movie but it doens't stand that well on it's own, Punisher Batman was good in it but I wasn't very interested in a solo movie with him.
It was sort of a disappointing sequel ot man of steel if you want to call it that, the plot has as much problems as Civil War which I'm also pretty critical of.
Lex was not done very well but I'm sure it could all work for future projects if they do them. The cameos were cool but the movie was a little convoluted, the theaterical cut lacked some scenes that had the movie make more sense but it wasn't a big difference imo.
I didn't like how they put Metropolis and Gotham so close just for the sake of plot.

Reactions: GrapeApe

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think BVS works as an in universe movie but it doens't stand that well on it's own, Punisher Batman was good in it but I wasn't very interested in a solo movie with him.
It was sort of a disappointing sequel ot man of steel if you want to call it that, the plot has as much problems as Civil War which I'm also pretty critical of.
Lex was not done very well but I'm sure it could all work for future projects if they do them. The cameos were cool but the movie was a little convoluted, the theaterical cut lacked some scenes that had the movie make more sense but it wasn't a big difference imo.
I didn't like how they put Metropolis and Gotham so close just for the sake of plot.
oh so hes called "punisher batman", didnt know... what bothered me was he was basically salty that Superman was too strong, so im gonna take my frustration out on everyone else, like cry me a river fam, that was trash reasoning imo. even in that beginning scene, like he was clearly fighting to save, he cant help that Zod destroyed your building during the fight bro like damn. im positive during fights Batman has been in, some civilians got hurt because of a villains bullshit. his reasoning just wasnt that of a genius and not believable imo, like i didnt buy Batmans being mad for that reason which killed his story arc form. i get wanting to take precautions against superman just incase. but he had beef, like he was just looking for a reason to fight that dude, it was too easy, the way he was working out, growling and shit, like the acting was good. just that was very unbelievable Batman story arc, worst ive ever seen

also that Gotham and Metropolis thing is a good point my lady questioned. but i didnt know if it was really like that in the comics or not

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
oh so hes called "punisher batman", didnt know... what bothered me was he was basically salty that Superman was too strong, so im gonna take my frustration out on everyone else, like cry me a river fam, that was trash reasoning imo. even in that beginning scene, like he was clearly fighting to save, he cant help that Zod destroyed your building during the fight bro like damn. im positive during fights Batman has been in, some civilians got hurt because of a villains bullshit. his reasoning just wasnt that of a genius and not believable imo, like i didnt buy Batmans being mad for that reason which killed his story arc form. i get wanting to take precautions against superman just incase. but he had beef, like he was just looking for a reason to fight that dude, it was too easy, the way he was working out, growling and shit, like the acting was good. just that was very unbelievable Batman story arc, worst ive ever seen

also that Gotham and Metropolis thing is a good point my lady questioned. but i didnt know if it was really like that in the comics or not
I don't think they are close in the comics but I don't know tbh, to me Metrolopolis is like the opposite of Gotham where Gotham is a place riddled with crime and Metropolis is more hopeful so it didn't make sense to me they were so close.

I think there were alot of unclear motivations in the movie and weird plot details, I thought Civil War had the same issues.

I call him Punisher Batman cus he kills people and stuff, Frank Miller did some Punisher I think or maybe it was Daredevil I don't remember, anyway, I dind't mind that I thought it fit the story, but yeah the motivations were crap.

Also for a movie that revolves around a fight, the actual fight wasn't that much in the movie, it was mostly bad build up then they did something else in the end.

JoanaTak

Kin
1,284💸
Kumi
48💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hush

Honestly, it was ok. Some of the parts she took off running, he could've caught her if that was irl lol. Other parts were gross, like when he used her dead neighbor to knock on the window or when he stabbed the boyfriend in the throat multiple times. I kinda want to watch Jurassic Park again though LOL

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Saving Private Ryan

never saw this. we decided to watch this last night off of its hype alone, i heard of this through family guy jokes growing up but never saw it. im not really into war movies (though i liked Full Metal Jacket) or slavery movies, just leave me either sad or mad (minus Django Unchained), my lady isnt really into war movies either. but this movie definitely lived up to the hype, its a masterpiece. idk when this came out but the cinematography was dope, a lot of cool shots and angles, felt intense too. the budget mustve been crazy for this movie but it really pays off without having CGI. fantastic acting, all of the characters were great, the story was also great. we were basically glued to the screen the whole time, movie was like almost three hours and really didnt feel like it for a second

though yeah it left me a little sad and my girlfriend was crying all hard. movie just had a lot, great art moves you so it did its job i suppose. just confirmed i why i would never go to war for the U.S., even if they drafted me. id pull some Muhammed Ali shit and not go **** that, not worth dying for this country. also modern combat in general i wouldnt **** with, maybe like swords and shields, i like that type of battle better and would join if it was like that. but machine guns and tanks and shit, hell nah

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ready or Not

we just finished watching this one like wtf, was not expecting it to be funny, was suppose to be horror. its like really dark humor but it was genuinely funny imo. the stereotype that rich people are so because theyre into some demonic shit is basically what this movie is about. definitely have faced that stereotype once i became wealthy but it is what it is. this was a pretty fun movie though, that chick who played Harley Quinn is staring in this. thats one tough lady, the very very last scene has such dope imagery that basically explained her character this movie. she was g

Last edited:

Vitis

Kin
674💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
that chick who played Harley Quinn is staring in this.
Margot Robbie
-
The Watcher

Standard fare serial killer movie, but it has Keanu Reeves dancing poorly while Dragula is playing so there's that. Not a great use of time, but not a waste either if you have nothing to do and don't know what else to watch.

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Margot Robbie
-
The Watcher

Standard fare serial killer movie, but it has Keanu Reeves dancing poorly while Dragula is playing so there's that. Not a great use of time, but not a waste either if you have nothing to do and don't know what else to watch.
actually that wasnt her my mistake, they look alike though. its someone named Samara Weaving, couldve swore that was Margot but...

Vitis

Kin
674💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
actually that wasnt her my mistake, they look alike though. its someone named Samara Weaving, couldve swore that was Margot but...
People look similar it happens. I've seen it myself but I never really pay attention to who's in anything. Speaking of Samara Weaving though she was Nix in Guns Akimbo, just kind of a coincidence, being how recently 2 of her movies were viewed here.

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
People look similar it happens. I've seen it myself but I never really pay attention to who's in anything. Speaking of Samara Weaving though she was Nix in Guns Akimbo, just kind of a coincidence, being how recently 2 of her movies were viewed here.
guess shes putting in a lot of work, thats interesting. i looked into her a bit, both her and Margot are from Australia also

-but- im actually good with names. its just certain roles are so big ya know, theyre like bigger than the actor in a way and they will always be that. like Daniel Radcliffe will always be Harry in anything i watch him in. i literally have kicked it with Elijah Wood in person multiple times and i still called him Frodo sometimes by mistake. Al Pacino is a legend but he'll always be Tony Montana when i see him in stuff, that Harley Quinn role was huge even though the movie wasnt good, so Margot gets that auto response from me

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Dirty Harry

never saw this one, it was okay. i learned this is where that catchphrase, “you feelin lucky punk” comes from. just wasnt really my vibe, though the soundtrack was dope. like theres a scene in the beginning where Clint shot the driver in the head trying to escape a bank robbery in his car, like cops shouldnt be killing in that scenario, wasnt cool. also they had too many on foot chases scenes, kinda boring watching people run after each other in 70s film/happened too many times. but it was an okay movie had a few things i thought was funny my lady like it more than i did , not terrible, just not for me

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Enter The Void

never saw this....movie was interesting. very artsy, i feel like if i was high on something it would be better the way it was filmed, even though i dont do drugs anymore it just definitely had a psychedelic vibe the whole movie. or at least they tried to portray that feeling with the shots, my girlfriend hasnt done the amount of drugs i have in my life so she was asking me if like, the scene where he did DMT was how its really like, was hella accurate. im definitely going to watch this again, idk what to make of it honestly. its definitely a super unique concept, drug dealer/addict dies in Tokyo and like becomes a ghost watching over his sister who he left behind who moved there to be with him after being separated by adoption for years...and there dynamic was weird as hell, im pretty sure the sister wanted his d

this movie had a lot of spiritual elements obviously and had a big theme of death and rebirth. just some of the movie was really out there. like one scene the sister is in a japanese love hotel with some dude and theyre having ***. the camera angle shows like the penis fucking the vagina from like the uterus's point of view, no lie. its like CGI obviously then it nuts and like goes into this trippy thing with the sperm traveling too her uterus. like wtf :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ive never seen some shit like that in a movie. the director hiring people to that CGI scene mustve been hilarious

ive seen a lot of art films, that was something ive never seen..... movie was just no filter at all, im pretty sure the actors were actually having *** though in multiple scenes. theres definitely not a movie like this, so it gets props for that, i think i might buy it actually. its just extremely unique, symbolic, strange and beautiful. it was longer than it needed to be, a lot of spacey/trippy scenes showing Tokyo that were longer than they needed to be

Last edited: