:0 What was the most recent movie you've watched?

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The Wind Rises

HBO Max has all of the Hayao Miyazaki films. so me and my girlfriend have been watching the ones we havent seen. so its probably gonna be that for a while, watching another one later

pretty good movie though, not fantastic but it was based on a true story so. less magical then he usually is

Reactions: Chikombo

Premfection

Veteran
Kin
1,575💸
Kumi
8,090💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
great movie. have you seen chapter 2? if so what did you think?
I liked it, the only thing I didnt love was pennywise's spider form. Feel it couldve been a little more imaginative than pennywise clown head on a spider or some ish like that. I love everything else about both movies, especially the end quote/letter of IT chapter 2.

All in all tho I think part 1 was better than part 2 tho

Reactions: GrapeApe

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I liked it, the only thing I didnt love was pennywise's spider form. Feel it couldve been a little more imaginative than pennywise clown head on a spider or some ish like that. I love everything else about both movies, especially the end quote/letter of IT chapter 2.

All in all tho I think part 1 was better than part 2 tho

yeah part 1 was dope. i think part 2 was okay, my main issue was how they beat him, felt anti climatic. like they really just roasted that man to death

though something about CGI in horror movies makes it less scary. like practical effects were more scary imo in like 70s-90s horror movies specifically. sometimes glitchy movements can be creepy, like when pennywise was that old lady but...i personally think CGI is making horror movies less scary

Reactions: Premfection

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Lucy in the Sky

clearly they got the name from the beatles song. i liked this movies plot though a lot, an astronaut goes out into space and basically comes back to earth and has an existential crisis after sitting in space, seeing the universe and realizing how small she actually is

apparently some astronauts actually do lose their grip on reality after going to space. i didnt know this was a thing but it makes sense

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The Blob (1958)

me and my girlfriend just finished watching this, movie was terrible worst movie ive seen in a while. im not seeing why this is such a cult classic, the enemy is basically silly puddy. this movie just really shows how far film has come, the acting was so dry same with the dialogue. the SFX were fucking awful. movie was terrible, though shot well for its time...just the dialogue was so bad, then the ending was badly executed

kujaku

Kin
2,928💸
Kumi
352💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Last three:

The Queen of Crime (2016)
Tried watching this one, but my Internet had other plans and I half wanted to not watch it anymore. But then I came across it again and was like why not. Was way more interesting than I was expecting and I'm glad I did watch it after all.
3.5/5

I Can Quit Whenever I Want (2014)
Initially wanted to watch the Spanish ver, but the reviews weren't that good, so I went for the original Italian ver. There are two sequels to this, but I don't think I want to watch them. The movie was okayish, but nothing memorable.
3/5

Oh! Father (2014)
Was really hoping for something funnier on this one. I got a hearwarming story instead which wasn't bad, just not what I was in the mood for.
3/5

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Dallas Buyers Club

after The Blob being a disaster my girl picked this one i hadnt seen. i know it won like something at the Oscars the year it came out. this shit was flames. great movie with fantastic acting. a lot of emotion too with a great message. definitely worth watching if you have Netflix

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The Disaster Artist

watched this last night really good movie. Seth Rogan is in this who im good friends with. its cool seeing him in stuff now that i know him. but the movie was about the making of “The greatest bad movie ever” called The Room. ive never seen it but this movie made me interested in it, apparently its so bad that its extremely funny. but this movie was good, especially towards the middle-end and left me with a good takeaway

Reactions: kujaku and Chikombo

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The Roommate

tried finding The Room but its not on any of the streaming apps. so we watched this instead. pretty basic, theres a million movies like this but this time a crazy roommate in college. can add good commentary to this though. also Minka Kelly's boyfriends character was lame as hell. but it was meh, wouldnt watch this again

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ford v Ferrari (2020)

really good movie, had no issues with it and liked everything about it. ill have to rewatch it to tell but this may be a candidate of one of my most favorite movies. just done really well, definitely top biopics, like the Queen biopic i saw recently was good but it felt rushed. this movie flowed really well, oh wait! they did make the ending less impactful, without spoiling it, they kind of just glazed over a critical piece of character development. but that would be me nitpicking, it was a greta movie