Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
⇜⇜⇜⇜⇜ Christmas 2020 and New Year 2021 Events ⇝⇝⇝⇝⇝

You must be registered to see images

Tell us a Christmas/Holiday story, or your year 2020 message to fellow members. The best three posts will win and those users may pick two awards of their choice from the table below, if they win the best post and lottery, both.

Your post number will you be your lottery number.

1. State the medal you'd like to have in case you win the lottery. Note: this is a lottery and there are no guarantees to win!
  2. You may only enter ONCE and you will be winning ONE prize. Do not SPAM.
  3. All normal forum and contest apply.

PRIZES

1000 Kumi/Kin

1 Emoticon named after you
A name change​
Santa Klaus Award
You must be registered for see images
New Year Award
Frog Award
Panda Award
Turtle Award
Doughnut Award
Pug Life Award
Gift Box
Penguin Award
Snow Globe
Husky Award
Owl Award
Premium Membership
500 Kumi/Kin
Naughty award

(You can gift it too)

We also have some holiday contests running:

The Holiday Special Photo Contest
[ Click here for the link ]

Remember, it doesn't have to be a decorated tree, or gifts only or that you would have to bake gingerbread to photograph. If you can catch a snap of Horus in an elf hat or in a Christmas sweater, or him trying to pass off his dog as a reindeer using paper horns, it's just fine. Or your own if you fail to catch him..

The Holiday profile Contest
[click here for the Link]

Put on a Festive themed Avatar, a complimentary Signature and a Banner on your profile page, following the same theme. Remember it's a forum profile contest meaning you do not have to create a fancy gfx work but the images you use must follow the theme.
Yes, yes I remember we do not have the old vb level profile designing anymore but that's no reason to not play at all. Be nice, and have some fun!

The GFX of the Month Contest
[Click here for the link]
Do not forget that regular GoTM is also up.

The Art Contest of the Month
[click here for the link]
Do you like to draw? then this is the contest for you.

Uchiha seeker

Legendary
Kin
2,218💸
Kumi
237💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't really celebrate christmas so I dont have any interesting stories but to my fellow members on here...

Hope everything's going well in life and have a great new year :)

Turtle award would be awesome.

Reactions: Michelle

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Truth be told, I don't have very many super thrilling Christmas stories that refer to anything worth telling, outside of the typical family get-togethers and so forth. I did have a year where one of my siblings had come to me, late, long after Christmas day had come and gone and we were deep into the evening because they were "starving." They had opted to go to another relative's home for Christmas that year after abandoning plans with others to accommodate them, only to get there and be served frozen lasagna and freezer-burnt, microwaved vegetables. I had made a brown sugar and honey-glazed ham, which I had plenty of leftovers, so they ended up eating and having a "late Christmas dinner" with me instead, to which we stayed up until early the next morning talking about the year and other casual things. It was fun. 🙏

My message to my fellow members would have to be something that I felt I may have taken with me from that experience with my sibling: Just because things don't go as planned, or that the best outcome doesn't happen right away, doesn't mean there isn't a happy ending somewhere to be found at the end of the day. Perseverance guarantees us the chance at a happier result than whatever we may have been dealt. The only way we will ever know is by having the courage to bet on ourselves and those closest to us to make it happen.

If I were to choose a medal to receive, I'd personally love the Husky Award or Panda Award.. I can't decide which I'd prefer, so maybe flip a coin? Heads for Husky, tails for Panda? ✌

Last edited:

El Alucard

Veteran
Kin
2,077💸
Kumi
779💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
To everyone that had a bad year, keep pushing forward, keep keeping on. Here's to hoping the next year is better and contains more blessings for you and everyone important to you. God Bless and happy holidays.

Husky Award please

Reactions: Michelle

YowYan

Legendary
Kin
1,244💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'll tell a little story to uplift the christmas spirit a bit.

In pagan times the shamans of villages in the northern hemisphere used to pick the amanita muscaria mushroom from under pine trees as this mushroom tends to grow well in pine forests. They would then dry the fungi by hanging them in these evergreen trees or by putting these in a sock to dry hanging above a fire.

After proper preparation, turning the toxic element ibotenic acid into muscemol, people would consume these mushrooms, be reminded of the deep inner peace that comes with being fully present and while sitting on a sled that would be pulled by reindeer, the mushroom experience would give them the sensation of flying.

This mushroom is red with white dots, which is were the outfit of santa claus, the pope, etc. originates from.
It is also said to create the sensation of growing in size. Super Mario has its origins with a psychedelic shroom.

End of story

Frog medal in case I win xd

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,447💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There used to be cold winter nights like these back then...

The snow had settled for now, the cold windy breeze blew upon her red plumpy cheeks. The moon lit the narrow pathway ahead through the dark forest of the Southern Talbouts' Woods. She knew she was late, and it was getting darker still. One thing was to walk this path in the middle of the summer, something entirely different in the cold winter nights. Danger were lurking at every corner to prey on innocent souls this time of the year, slumbering in the depths of the great cracks in the valley a little to the west of here in the summer. But now, now they were awake, now-... They were close. She hurried through the dense woods, the winter cold made the path ahead hard to see, her sight blurry; the blizzard was getting stronger by the minute. A howling sound was heard in the distance, she stopped to look around – nothing... She couldn't linger any longer, she had to move. The sound was getting louder; getting closer. She had heard tales of the beasts before. Her aunt was taken at a young age, and she was close to that very same age now herself too. She was nervous, anxious, but she had to keep moving no matter what laid ahead.

Then suddenly, a tree fell over almost knocking her over, she could barely see. She started running, the sounds of howling in the distance got closer, and closer, as she ran past the murky trees looking down at her. She was lost, she was blinded; she fell over landing face first in the cold harsh snow... She reached out for the lantern she had carried to light the way, but her hand landed on something else, something colder, something-... hairier. She heard howling in the distance no more, it was all quiet... A deep murmuring snarl followed, warm sticky droll landed on her hand. Finally, she looked up, and then... !!

Screams echoed far and wide, another innocent soul was lost...

I'd want a Husky award if I win anything = ):lok:

Last edited:
Reactions: Michelle and Konno

Chihaya

Pirate Queen
Veteran
Kin
2,348💸
Kumi
7,896💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
My 2020 Message:

Hard times don't last forever. They will not only pass, but they will also leave us with experience, growth and appreciation towards what good we already have. 2020 has been a difficult time for many, but as we all pull through it, we are entering 2021 as as stronger individuals. Every negative has it's positive. Being cooped up at home, perhaps we've learned things about ourselves we would've taken years to figure out. A passion, a hobby, even a displeasure. Maybe quarantine has given us more online friendships, time to work on ourselves, and even elongated the time spent with our pets. Maybe we have learned what is most important to us, and because of these scary times, we won't ever take it for granted again. We think of scary things as bad, and sure, they can be and generally are. But if you look at it with a glimmer of positivity, scary times can embed good qualities into us that will last a life time.

2020 surely wasn't a present wrapped in fine gold paper, but it has given us more gifts than we realize.

Pug award if I win anything ^_^

Premfection

Veteran
Kin
1,575💸
Kumi
8,090💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Merry Christmas eve everyone! I have been kind of dead here lately but wanted to say that this forum has served to make quarantine this year a lot less boring and I also met some pretty fun people here. All in all I thank this site for making my year better and wish you all a merry christmas / happy holiday!

This christmas my family has been surprisingly blessed. Financially we probably aren't as good as last year but we still managed to get enough gifts and good food to make our christmas decent especially for my siblings. I also have a secret santa group and my friend coming by and other stuff to look forward to this weekend for the holidays so I'm excited for that.

Doughnut award

Reactions: GinkgoLeaf Girl

Geezus

Legendary
Kin
1,351💸
Kumi
19,495💴
Trait Points
70⚔️
Happy Holidays everyone!

Hope this year was filled with accomplishments for all of you despite the pandemic. 2021 we all have to come out swinging!

If I win a medal, I would take the Donut Award!

Konno

Legendary
Kin
1,858💸
Kumi
1,498💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Magical moments, fun memories, and new goals are waiting for us in the upcoming year. Let's make it the best year and the time of everything we have ever dreamed of.

I am not looking for any prizes (in case the holiday magic appears). I only wish to share the festivities and celebrations and wish luck to others! Happy Holidays, AB!​

Ańbu Juniør

Legendary
Kin
6,838💸
Kumi
26,618💴
Trait Points
28⚔️
My 2020 message:

Hard times eventually come to an end. 2020 was a wild ride for sure, but now at the end things are beginning to look up as we head into 2021. Lets hope next year will be much better than this one.

Husky Award

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,012💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Christmas it's the joy of give and receive gifts, the moment of remembering culinary traditions, sometimes by trying ourselves grandma recipes, of drinking a good wine and is, especially, the joy of celebrating with family and friends.
Pandemic times have reduced the number of family members who gather on this holiday, so this Christmas, in particular, is less joyful than usual.
We have the glittering tree, the meals, the wine, the mood to enjoy the days, but we don't have enough loved ones to share them with.
We therefore extend the circle of friends to those who were the closest during the lock down and restricted times of the pandemic, our online friends.
Always returning to AB kept me in contact with my friends who are active these days and also made me always remember the old friends who left the forum for a busy real life. I keep all of you in my heart, my friends!
Wish you Merry Christmas AB!!! :flirty:🎄🎅🍷
For everyone, whether you celebrate it or not, may this holiday be happy for you, find you healthy and in a good mood.
:heart:

Edited: owl award is so nice ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.