The Amazing Spider Man

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Greetings From Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man!

You must be registered for see images

Another thread! Another One! And Another One!

Now this game has really garnered a lot of attention. I really haven't bothered with Pokemon in some years so it was nice for them to be trying out something new and fresh to for the new more casual side of gaming. The mobile app market. When this was first released I got this thing immediately because I was curious how this catching pokemon with AR was going to work out as soon as it was announced last year I believe it was. Having played well over 20 hours of it I think its finally time for a thorough review.​

Gameplay – This was a real concern for me when I first saw the trailers for this. Walking around in real life attempting to catch pokemon? How on Earth was this going to work with the servers being global and whatnot. And truth be told as soon as it was released the servers were damn dogshit. I mean this was worse than Battlefield 4 and Xenoverse launch combined. You'd be in the middle of catching a Pikachu and bam server disconnected and ya Pikachu lost forever b.

But after all that server crap was handled and you could actually play how it was meant to be, the damn awesometacular Pokemon catching began. Now this is as good as it gets when it comes to Pokemon catching. You can choose to have the AR on and catch some pretty awesome screenshots with cathing them in a field or on the street or even on someones face…. Or…. On your girls fat ass hehehe

I mean cmon be creative people. The catching is pretty simple really. You walk around or drive around to find Pokemon in your area and when you locate on you tap on it to engage in a battle against your Pokeball and its face. *sigh* yea they really dumbed this down a lot but hey you gotta get the casuals to play somehow. After you flick your balls onto the face of your victim you get to add its info to your pokedex so afterwards you can read up on it. Which I thought was a very nice feature. The battling that isnt done with PVP or Random sightings is instead done at gyms against the COM. Instead of having a damn battle system like lets say POKEMON ARENA! Or even THE DAMN POKEMON GAMEBOY SYSTEM! They include a ****ing touch to hit your opponent system that is the most simplest of systems I have ever seen in my life. Like wow Niantic. Could you make it a bit more simpler? I don’t know how to tap my fingers at such an accelerated rate.

My Lord was it that difficult??? Could you really not come up with something original yet more engaging and true to the series? Whatever man, but after you do that you can claim some gyms. And it flashes your Pokemon on the beacon so you feel like a champ until somebody ****s up ya shit with a Dragonar. Your Pokemon is returned to your inventory and well… rinse and repeat. The real fun in this is had running around with your friends catching Pokemon which is why for the disabled or bed ridden people I really suggest downloading Pokemon Go Fake GPS. That was those of you who cant afford to drive around or live in a dangerous neighborhood or like I said you’re bed ridden, you can enjoy the game too.

Microtransactions – I hate them. Seriously I wish you just made this 20 bucks off the bat because this is just not what I like to see in any games mobile or console. Jeez where do I even start, ok so you click on the pokestore and basically you're shown how many pokecoins you have. I believe in the beginning you’re given 500, which will buy you an extra set of pokeballs when you end up running out. You can also buy lures and potions, things that you will need to help you catch pokemon basically. Thing is, these things can be found at the pokestops, which renders this thing obsolete if you just do like I said and use the GPS app. It’s a great work around this garbage, so if you’re tired of purchasing the coins like I was then I suggest you just use that.

Graphics – In the beginning this game was a lot more sloppy rendered it was like jagged edges and blurry textures on the pokemon and such but after a fer updates man did the graphics get better. Looks amazing on a 2K screen man it’s a beautiful sight to see Pikachu in 2K resolution hehe. Only wish they would have did better on the battle effects, which look like straight dog sh*t.

The Real Life Effects – This game has really blown up and with that came a lot of negative and positives among the people who came across it. What I’ll speak on first is the part of the media that says this is turning all of into damn robots for the illuminati. Don’t know why people think the illuminati forsaw the future and knew this game was going to blow up but just stop okay… just stop. You’re being cancer right now b. Don’t call things illuminati natured because they have made money and is successful. Not everyone is a poor dumb **** like you. Now, on to the kidnappings and the people getting robbed. I mean what did you expect? Really? If you go out at night walking around with your phone at 2 a.m. in an ally You’re gonna get robbed??? REALLY??? Damn I thought this was Candy Land and Dora was gonna go help me catch a Charizard while Boots gets sucked off by Barbie. This aint Japan b, you cant go walking around like this anywhere really without anyone else with you and it makes it even worse you’re placing damn lure beacons and trying to take gyms and shit this late at night??? Bro what did you expect??? Really? Really duke you wanna go catch POKEMON at 4 in the morning bro??? Sure bro lets go bro lets gets stabbed 18 times bro lets DO IT BRO LETS DO IT!!!

Pause.

All in all this game is simple but with friends and aspirations to catch a Charizard and a MewTwo, the playtime will become endless. But anything is a ball with friends and once you catch that Charizard or that Mew…. What then??? What could you possibly do after that? It just ends after that dude. The battle system just isnt that engaging for you to be wanting to go do that. It just gets repetitive. Which I guess can be solved by adding new Pokémon but we all know the new gen is trash.

7/10

So what do you all think of Pokemon Go? You still playing this? Do you think it will continue to grow in strength or will it die without Pokevision?

-Excelsior!

Last edited:

DominiqueX

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I deleted the game last week, after I didn't play it anymore for some time already.
Before launch and during the first days after it, I wasn't impressed by the game. It didn't have enough features to compete with big Pokemon games and you couldn't interact with other people, gameplay-wise. No battles, no exchange. Nothing.

A few days after launch, due to my sister and my best friend who went crazy about the game, I gave it a try. I thought "hey, when you wait for the bus or take a walk with the dog, you can play the game a bit". I even took my bike once in order to hatch a 10km egg, which gave me a Lapras. So far so nice, right?

But the game got really boring very fast. If you don't live in a big city, there are near to no Pokemon. And when there are some, they are the thousandst Pidgey, Weedle or Rattata. Other pokemon were super duper rare in my place. As if that wasn't enough, the paw-system to search for pokemon broke and it was impossible to track down certain pokemon in your area.

But before I stopped with the game, I discovered Pokevision. The third-party service that showed you the exact spot of nearby Pokemon as well as the remaining time before they despawn. That was a nice thing tho, honestly the best thing that could happen to Pokemon Go. Due to this service, I was able to catch a Ponyta, Nidoran male and female, Horsea, a Pikachu and even a strong Dodrio. It felt so good to find actual pokemon. Pokemon which weren't ALWAYS the SAME boring three ones that I found before.

Guess what? Niantic ruined their game with their stupidity and incompetence in a legendary way. Instead of working with third-party services to improve their own faulty game, they shut down these services completely, taking away any chance to track specific pokemon. First strike.
Then, there was still the paw-system which wasn't working at all. But the Pokemon Go community did a great thing, they came up with a patch themselves, fixing the system. But guess what? Niantic refused to use it and got rid of the paw-system at all instead. Then, they literally boxed themselves and didn't speak with the, partly paying, community. No statement to explain their actions, nothing. They left everyone in the dark. That's a no-go in modern times where the internet and twitter are just a few clicks away to share a short statement.

After a massive wave of complains, Niantic finally shared an official statement. They explained that Pokevision and Co. were shut down in order to gave the servers more stability. Yup, as if. It's no wonder that the servers run a lot more stable when you scare away thousands of players with stupid decisions and changes.

It's beyond me how a developer-team can be so incompetent. That was a sign for me to leave a sinking ship, because I do not want to support or tolerate such a behavior.

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Pokemon GO doesn't pick up my interest in anyway whatsoever. I only play the old pokemon games because I can play them on the go without internet and it doesn't take away my battery in less than 2 hours of gaming.

I mean it's a nice concept but its not for me, even as a pokemon fan since I was a kid. Nobody talked about pokemon in twitter/fb/youtube prior Pokemon GO but now, all of the sudden, when this game got released, everyone is a pokemon fan, LUL. Inb4 they start selling master balls 30 dollars for each one.

Tldr; dont like the game.

The Amazing Spider Man

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Pokemon GO doesn't pick up my interest in anyway whatsoever. I only play the old pokemon games because I can play them on the go without internet and it doesn't take away my battery in less than 2 hours of gaming.

I mean it's a nice concept but its not for me, even as a pokemon fan since I was a kid. Nobody talked about pokemon in twitter/fb/youtube prior Pokemon GO but now, all of the sudden, when this game got released, everyone is a pokemon fan, LUL. Inb4 they start selling master balls 30 dollars for each one.

Tldr; dont like the game.
You sound like a hipster LOL But I agree the old games are better not because of the internet and battery thing because with me that's not an issue, but because the gameplay and content was far superior.

I deleted the game last week, after I didn't play it anymore for some time already.
Before launch and during the first days after it, I wasn't impressed by the game. It didn't have enough features to compete with big Pokemon games and you couldn't interact with other people, gameplay-wise. No battles, no exchange. Nothing.

A few days after launch, due to my sister and my best friend who went crazy about the game, I gave it a try. I thought "hey, when you wait for the bus or take a walk with the dog, you can play the game a bit". I even took my bike once in order to hatch a 10km egg, which gave me a Lapras. So far so nice, right?

But the game got really boring very fast. If you don't live in a big city, there are near to no Pokemon. And when there are some, they are the thousandst Pidgey, Weedle or Rattata. Other pokemon were super duper rare in my place. As if that wasn't enough, the paw-system to search for pokemon broke and it was impossible to track down certain pokemon in your area.

But before I stopped with the game, I discovered Pokevision. The third-party service that showed you the exact spot of nearby Pokemon as well as the remaining time before they despawn. That was a nice thing tho, honestly the best thing that could happen to Pokemon Go. Due to this service, I was able to catch a Ponyta, Nidoran male and female, Horsea, a Pikachu and even a strong Dodrio. It felt so good to find actual pokemon. Pokemon which weren't ALWAYS the SAME boring three ones that I found before.

Guess what? Niantic ruined their game with their stupidity and incompetence in a legendary way. Instead of working with third-party services to improve their own faulty game, they shut down these services completely, taking away any chance to track specific pokemon. First strike.
Then, there was still the paw-system which wasn't working at all. But the Pokemon Go community did a great thing, they came up with a patch themselves, fixing the system. But guess what? Niantic refused to use it and got rid of the paw-system at all instead. Then, they literally boxed themselves and didn't speak with the, partly paying, community. No statement to explain their actions, nothing. They left everyone in the dark. That's a no-go in modern times where the internet and twitter are just a few clicks away to share a short statement.

After a massive wave of complains, Niantic finally shared an official statement. They explained that Pokevision and Co. were shut down in order to gave the servers more stability. Yup, as if. It's no wonder that the servers run a lot more stable when you scare away thousands of players with stupid decisions and changes.

It's beyond me how a developer-team can be so incompetent. That was a sign for me to leave a sinking ship, because I do not want to support or tolerate such a behavior.
Yea if they don't improve the battle system and include PVP and exchange then this game will die quickly

Jazzy Stardust

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
it became too trendy too fast which ruined it for me. with every trend theres always one saying to herd the masses everytime. for this game its, "well at least it has you outside excersising"

the ****? they act like the majority of Pokemon games arent on a handheld, posers. also real gamers dont want to excersise. they wanna kick back and play thats why the wii sucked, nobody wants to do all that....unless apparently everyone else seems to like it

but thanks for reviewing spidey! havent seen one of your reviews in a minute

The Amazing Spider Man

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
it became too trendy too fast which ruined it for me. with every trend theres always one saying to herd the masses everytime. for this game its, "well at least it has you outside excersising"

the ****? they act like the majority of Pokemon games arent on a handheld, posers. also real gamers dont want to excersise. they wanna kick back and play thats why the wii sucked, nobody wants to do all that....unless apparently everyone else seems to like it

but thanks for reviewing spidey! havent seen one of your reviews in a minute
Gah complaining because alot of people are playing is not really a good reason to hate something. But I do agree that every time you attempt to point out it's critiques they tell you that you're just a basement dweller.

Yea it's only going to create mass appeal if there is a gimmick, and this time around the gimmick is the GPS AR feature. It's something new and creative. Guess once people realize this is barebones it'll be too late.

Jazzy Stardust

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Gah complaining because alot of people are playing is not really a good reason to hate something. But I do agree that every time you attempt to point out it's critiques they tell you that you're just a basement dweller.

Yea it's only going to create mass appeal if there is a gimmick, and this time around the gimmick is the GPS AR feature. It's something new and creative. Guess once people realize this is barebones it'll be too late.
@bold: never said i hated it but that did ruin the already boring concept

also the gimmick imo isnt what took Pokemon from being something lame to okay. people felt better about it, or "not nerdy/lame" because they heard it promoted excersise and getting people out of the house. thats also the excuse they use to why theyre playing Pokemon

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Pokemon GO is even more of a casual game than the pokemon games themselves. It's main appeal is exploration and meeting new pokemon fans. Meeting new people is always cool, it doesn't bother me that people are suddenly a pokemon fan now since I know those people will leave after a few months.

It's pretty fun catching new pokemon & I like it.

Last edited:

LokiLoki

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Anyone got the latest update? i heard that Niantic ban all rooted phone and cheating. :-s
I just played Pokemon Go on PC (apk from ). I have to play on Pc because i don't really have much time to hang around. will Niantic block my account ? i reached level 35, it would be great loss if i get ban.

The Amazing Spider Man

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Anyone got the latest update? i heard that Niantic ban all rooted phone and cheating. :-s
I just played Pokemon Go on PC (apk from ). I have to play on Pc because i don't really have much time to hang around. will Niantic block my account ? i reached level 35, it would be great loss if i get ban.
They will most likely ban you. And if its true they are banning rooted phones then its already confirmed dead. Also with the lack of any updates giving users any more of a better more emerssive experience, users are moving on and deleting the app.

Changing rating

5/10

Natsu Shazneel

Banned
Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Didn't read was too long.

I lost interest in the game cause no rare pokemon were popping up in my area. Till I hacked my game to have fun. Since I got into that stuff I now get what ever I want when I want. The game is fun for me again.

Naw you will be fine. Don't worry. I have done all the cheating stuff in the manual. I am still here.