Horus

Elite
Kin
377💸
Kumi
79💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So I spent the last 3 hours making a tutorial for my latest tag, which can be found here:

Its my first tutorial!

I hope the person's interested in GFX can learn something from this tutorial!..
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me! :)

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Gintõki1

Elite
Kin
16💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Re: Horus' Signature Tutorial

Good tutorial and also perfect for beginners to follow and get the basics.
I like the c4d's. lol They are actually good to use if you want save time from liquify all the time.

Last edited:

Six Paths

Legendary
Kin
121💸
Kumi
4,249💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Re: Horus' Signature Tutorial

OMG, I love this.

The tag itself was sick in the first place and the fact you explained it perfectly well and showed us a final result, gives us a lot of headroom to create our own ideas. What would be neat is if you provided links to all the sources where you took the C4D and some of the layer effects in order to make our lives easier.

Still, one amazing tutorial and amazing outcome. I am fairly proud of you teacher U_U

UNDFTD

Veteran
Kin
78💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
God's work, I'm sure other are as appreciative as I am, your signatures are always on point and the fact that you have even bothered making a tutorial, gives me the impression you really care about the members on the Base. A question though, do you know who originated this colourful, C4D placement, font type of signatures? I've seen this style before around forums, but I still haven't figured out whom originated this style, I know Sikk does this type of stuff too, but I'm fairly certain he didn't originate it either.

Horus

Elite
Kin
377💸
Kumi
79💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good tutorial and also perfect for beginners to follow and get the basics.
I like the c4d's. lol They are actually good to use if you want save time from liquify all the time.
Thanks man! :)

OMG, I love this.

The tag itself was sick in the first place and the fact you explained it perfectly well and showed us a final result, gives us a lot of headroom to create our own ideas. What would be neat is if you provided links to all the sources where you took the C4D and some of the layer effects in order to make our lives easier.

Still, one amazing tutorial and amazing outcome. I am fairly proud of you teacher U_U
Thanks Six! And the idea behind this, is to not use the same resources I used, but look around for stuff that appeals to you and then try the methods I've mentioned :)

God's work, I'm sure other are as appreciative as I am, your signatures are always on point and the fact that you have even bothered making a tutorial, gives me the impression you really care about the members on the Base. A question though, do you know who originated this colourful, C4D placement, font type of signatures? I've seen this style before around forums, but I still haven't figured out whom originated this style, I know Sikk does this type of stuff too, but I'm fairly certain he didn't originate it either.
I think I'll be making more tutorials in the future because I want more and more people to get into the field of making signatures. Seeing as the Design Hall is overrun with purely avatar threads, which don't really showcase GFX talent much, I was hoping to get more people into the art of tag making, which they can branch off on to other complicated stuff, like logo designing, photomanipulation, large art...things like that, if they'd like to that is.
But then again, NB's not a GFX forum..

And I have no idea tbh, I've been seeing those types of sigs on DA but I don't know who's the actual originator of the style.. I extracted these C4D's from a PSD that Sikk sent me. He can't remember where he got them from, so I'm gonna hunt for them more because these are the type of C4D's that I like..
So Sikk, if you're reading this, lets go hunting for C4D's lol

Last edited:

UNDFTD

Veteran
Kin
78💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think I'll be making more tutorials in the future because I want more and more people to get into the field of making signatures. Seeing as the Design Hall is overrun with purely avatar threads, which don't really showcase GFX talent much, I was hoping to get more people into the art of tag making, which they can branch off on to other complicated stuff, like logo designing, photomanipulation, large art...things like that, if they'd like to that is.
But then again, NB's not a GFX forum..

And I have no idea tbh, I've been seeing those types of sigs on DA but I don't know who's the actual originator of the style.. I extracted these C4D's from a PSD that Sikk sent me. He can't remember where he got them from, so I'm gonna hunt for them more because these are the type of C4D's that I like..
So Sikk, if you're reading this, lets go hunting for C4D's lol
I completely agree with you, this site is overrun by avatars, on a ration of tags to avatars, it would be something like 1:6. It's absurd. I get it that this is an manga forum, not a GFX forum, but I still think people need to open up to signature making, which like you said, could intrigue them into something like photo manipulations and logo designs. It could even interest someone so far, that they would start illustrating. I have no idea why the people who post on the Design Hall, don't bother making signatures, or haven't even peeked into the field, I find it very confusing. If you're making avatars, I'm sure you would want to try out something bigger, and something that's filled with 'Design' even more, that's what the section is created for, to design, not to crop, overlay, and finish an avatar (This excludes some people who make an effort into their avatars). I think you're headed into the right direction Horus, keep making these tutorials, maybe that will spark an interest into people's minds.

Gintõki1

Elite
Kin
16💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Idk who it exactly was but that type of c4d's,the style and the text like that came up first on a GFX forum
It was pretty rare at the beginning but since it looks cool, people make it more often now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flakez

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I completely agree with you, this site is overrun by avatars, on a ration of tags to avatars, it would be something like 1:6. It's absurd. I get it that this is an manga forum, not a GFX forum, but I still think people need to open up to signature making, which like you said, could intrigue them into something like photo manipulations and logo designs. It could even interest someone so far, that they would start illustrating. I have no idea why the people who post on the Design Hall, don't bother making signatures, or haven't even peeked into the field, I find it very confusing. If you're making avatars, I'm sure you would want to try out something bigger, and something that's filled with 'Design' even more, that's what the section is created for, to design, not to crop, overlay, and finish an avatar (This excludes some people who make an effort into their avatars). I think you're headed into the right direction Horus, keep making these tutorials, maybe that will spark an interest into people's minds.
The thing is that most of the NB members care for the avatars only. Some people don't even use sigs. And this is imo the reason why tags are rarely made. More avatars = more for members to choose from.

Horus

Elite
Kin
377💸
Kumi
79💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thanks man! It should be noted though that its alright if people wanna just do avatars.. Maybe eventually they'll explore deeper or maybe not. Its perfectly alright with me.

Idk who it exactly was but that type of c4d's,the style and the text like that came up first on a GFX forum
It was pretty rare at the beginning but since it looks cool, people make it more often now.
That C4D style is known as the distorted style, and its been around for a couple of years but I don't know who directly originated them. As for the text, I think font styles are unique to the user's style.. though there are some users who rip off text from PSD's but meh..

The thing is that most of the NB members care for the avatars only. Some people don't even use sigs. And this is imo the reason why tags are rarely made. More avatars = more for members to choose from.
That's exactly what it is, but what I'm gonna try to do is help people to explore deeper into the world of GFX, dunno how much would want to be up for the challenge though..

Sikk

Regular
Kin
3💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nice tutorial. At least you show the settings, I was too lazy to bother with that xD And I will try to dig through my folders once more to see if I can find the original ones.

Horus

Elite
Kin
377💸
Kumi
79💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Looks really nice, might have to give it a try later.
Lemme know if you want any help! ^^

I'll definitely be giving this a try some time, I really want to learn how this style is done. Thanks for the tutorial Horus!
No problemo! If you want help, message me! ^^

Nice tutorial. At least you show the settings, I was too lazy to bother with that xD And I will try to dig through my folders once more to see if I can find the original ones.
Haha! Lazy bum :p
Lemme know if you found them!

Beastbomb

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nice tut:) easy to follow and simple steps to get a good result.

Is that a twirl filter on the c4d? if it is you should try adding a wave filter to the twirl filter, you get some awesome results when you combine both.

As for the Avatar vs signature thing, what many people don't realize is that most avatar makers find stocks and edit them. Which doesn't require a lot of knowledge in PS, since 85% of the work is already done. With a signature you pretty much do it all yourself and requires a lot more PS knowledge:)

Horus

Elite
Kin
377💸
Kumi
79💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nice tut:) easy to follow and simple steps to get a good result.

Is that a twirl filter on the c4d? if it is you should try adding a wave filter to the twirl filter, you get some awesome results when you combine both.

As for the Avatar vs signature thing, what many people don't realize is that most avatar makers find stocks and edit them. Which doesn't require a lot of knowledge in PS, since 85% of the work is already done. With a signature you pretty much do it all yourself and requires a lot more PS knowledge:)
Actually, that's the way the C4D looks lol
I didn't distort it myself.
And thanks! :)

Also, yep, but whatever makes them happy I guess xD

First sig tut! Yay! Nice tutorial, this would be a big help to young gfxersxd
Thanks old man Elmage :skorm: