Regular
Kin
965💸
Kumi
369💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What do you guys think???

Personally I would say jinbei at this particular point is stronger based on feats like he fought ace for 5 days, stopped akainu that too pre timeskip now with 2 years training he would've even stronger haki...Also he clashed with big mom..
Zoro dosen't really have anything that extreme
..But then again he's zoro...

Nox

Regular
Kin
1,096💸
Kumi
4,146💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Oda didn't postpone Jinbe joining at the start of the New World. To reintroduce him after Zoro and Sanji got powerups. Just fot him to end up stronger than them. Especially not when Luffy is about to challenge and replace an Emperor. Who have clearly defined structure of Commanders.

Pulkit singh3

Regular
Kin
965💸
Kumi
369💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oda didn't postpone Jinbe joining at the start of the New World. To reintroduce him after Zoro and Sanji got powerups. Just fot him to end up stronger than them. Especially not when Luffy is about to challenge and replace an Emperor. Who have clearly defined structure of Commanders.
But feat wise he is still stronger

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What do you guys think???

Personally I would say jinbei at this particular point is stronger based on feats like he fought ace for 5 days, stopped akainu that too pre timeskip now with 2 years training he would've even stronger haki...Also he clashed with big mom..
Zoro dosen't really have anything that extreme
..But then again he's zoro...
Jinbei fought wit Ace when he was still a rookie.
He wasn't a commander that time n still he lost.

He stopped Akainus lava punch so what Zoro himself has stopped Fujitora's attack.

Also Zoro was trained by Mihawk, so pretty sure that was extreme enough to compare with the lil skirmish Jinbei had wit BM.
I mean he lost his eye lol.

So pretty sure Zoro is as strong as Jinbei is currently.

Last edited:

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I voted Zoro and I don't remember when.. Jinbei is 100% stronger than Zoro RN. Like, Zoro will obviously surpass him this arc, but raw feats as of now are in Jinbei's favor. Zoro has been getting mauled by minor stuff recently. By Hawkin's nails and Killer. The only argument to be made for Zoro is whether his attacks hit hard enough to put Jinbei down, which is unlikely given Jinbei's performance vs Akainu & Big Mom. Jinbei doesn't even need a fraction of the raw destruction Zoro has because legit everything pierces Zoro anyway.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Jinbei fought wit Ace when he was still a rookie.
He wasn't a commander that time n still he lost.

He stopped Akainus lava punch so what Zoro himself has stopped Fujitora's attack.

Also Zoro was trained by Mihawk, so pretty sure that was extreme enough to compare with the lil skirmish Jinbei had wit BM.
I mean he lost his eye lol.

So pretty sure Zoro is as strong as Jinbei is currently.
Ace only lived a few years after the encounter with Jinbei and was being offered a seat as a Shichibukai around the same time. Ace may not have been AS strong as he was when he died but I think it'd be unreasonable to try and say he was significantly weaker.

Akainu's stronger than Fuji....?

We don't know how he lost his eye(monkey, Mihawk, accident) and what does losing an eye have to do with power?

Offensively yes Zoro is probably on par or just below but defensively he seems to be lower.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ace only lived a few years after the encounter with Jinbei and was being offered a seat as a Shichibukai around the same time. Ace may not have been AS strong as he was when he died but I think it'd be unreasonable to try and say he was significantly weaker.
Even if Ace stayed wit WB for few months he obviously trained n got stronger. It's absurd to think he stopped growing after that encounter.

Akainu's stronger than Fuji....?
Last I check they both in Same Tier.

We don't know how he lost his eye(monkey, Mihawk, accident) and what does losing an eye have to do with power?
Yea right the guy who had fought with N no. of strong guys without losing any part of his body will lose it against a monkey or much worse he trip n lost his eye.

Obviously it was with his training against Mihawk.

Offensively yes Zoro is probably on par or just below but defensively he seems to be lower.
How come defence wise he is any lower?

The guy took Luffy's pain in Thriller Bark n didn't pass out till Sanji found him.

Arlong himself was amazed seeing him with those wounds which Mihawk gave.

MadaraReturns

Veteran
Kin
129💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Lol Zoro, look at Zoro's feats. Jinbei was blocking Akainu's attacks while Akainu wanted to attack Luffy, Akainu could've also finished Jinbei when he and Luffy fell on the ice.

Zoro fought against Fujitora and sliced his meteor, ha was past the meteor so the 2 halves weren't a threat to Zoro only the people on the island.

Zoro (as already said) took Luffy's pain AFTER he was already that much damaged, thats why Kuma warned him, because he'd take Luffy's pain while already being 'half dead'.

Zoro also fought against supernova Killer PLUS the other strong guy! The Samurai who stole swords.

2 against 1 thats why he got stabbed.

Zoro passing out wasnt much because even Big Mom passed out lol is she weak now? No. Both Big Mom and Zoro were taken by surprise. And Luffy after training 'Ryuo' even passed out against Apoo while Zoro didn't .

Can't remember but maybe Killer even poisoned his sword (or it may be revealed, and if not still props to Zoro)

Oh and by the way in that fight against Killer + foxman he didn't have Shusui, so 2 swords only.

• Wow
Reactions: minamoto

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Even if Ace stayed wit WB for few months he obviously trained n got stronger. It's absurd to think he stopped growing after that encounter.

Last I check they both in Same Tier.

Yea right the guy who had fought with N no. of strong guys without losing any part of his body will lose it against a monkey or much worse he trip n lost his eye.

Obviously it was with his training against Mihawk.

How come defence wise he is any lower?

The guy took Luffy's pain in Thriller Bark n didn't pass out till Sanji found him.

Arlong himself was amazed seeing him with those wounds which Mihawk gave.
Who said anything about stopping training or not growing? When rebutting try to stay on the point of the argument. I said it's absurd to assume(as you are doing) that there's this great gap in power between the Ace who fought Jinbei and the Ace who died at MF. Did Ace grow, obviously but we can't accurately measure by how much

Well you should check again. Being Admiral doesn't mean you're the same strength, just comparable, Akainu was stronger than Aokiji right? Akainu's Fleet Admiral now not just Admiral right? Why would you assume anything other than Akainu is stronger than Fujitora? Is Fuji as strong as Sengoku too? Was Akainu as strong as Fuji when he first became Admiral? Because that's essentially what you're saying, a man who was just made Admiral is as strong as the Fleet Admiral.

But we don't know how during that training is the point. You're just arbitrarily attributing the loss of his eye to a wound by Mihawk when nothing has ever indicated such a thing.

Why would Mihawk take his eye? There's as much reasoning behind each of them. Could have been in the first few days of training and one of those monkeys got a lucky strike.

Because Jinbei has taken hits from the two highest tiers in One Piece(Admiral and Yonkou) and kept trucking including a magma fist through his body. Meanwhile Zoro is getting cut via Apoo, spiked by Hawkins and something else at Wano I can't remember. In short he takes more hits from lower tiered opponents than have hit Jinbei and seemingly gets more affected.

That's endurance(fighting through pain/exhaustion) more than defense(blocking attacks and minimizing their effects). No one's arguing Zoro has monstrous endurance, I've even used TB to insinuate Zoro may have a better endurance than Luffy does but defensively Zoro has taken more damage from attacks from lower people than Jinbei. Zoro may get up from more damage but Jinbei will more often than not take less damage than Zoro will during their respective fights.

Ok, not sure how that has anything to do with the strength comparison we're having but ok. Pretty sure Arlong would be pretty impressed to see a guy get a big magma fist sized hole in him and keep running too so....? Also this goes back to my point about endurance, this is an example of Zoro enduring through the pain not his defense against the attack.
Post automatically merged:

100% Jinbei. Jinbei is easily Warlord level if not stronger (because he was one) while Zoro has no chance of being as strong as a warlord.
I agree Jinbei's stronger(now) but Zoro is and will be above Warlords. He could beat Moriah right now, probably Boa(her stone fruit probably wouldn't work on him either I don't think) Buggy, arguably Croc(would be a good fight I think) plus he's obviously gonna pass Mihawk which by default should put him above the rest.

Nox

Regular
Kin
1,096💸
Kumi
4,146💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
But feat wise he is still stronger
You opening statement is an inquiry onto fan opinions. To support Jinbe's superiority you elected to preface with Feats. I've decided to observe narrative cues. Dressrosa Zoro clashed with Fujitora, withstood his gravitational crush and responded with a sword slash - which Fuji praised for its potency. In the time since we've gone through 4 arcs. Granting him potential gains as well as receiving a weapon which magnifies output -- to the point of wounding an Emperor. Both characters have withstood Top Tier's attacks. Both characters have pushed back Top Tiers. Both have had 2 years to improve their strength. Zoro has gained a weapon no swordsman bar Oden could tame. This includes Denjiro and Shutenmaru who are > Jinbe. Zoro has had an entire week to train this weapon. >> Jinbe was introduced right after. << Zoro's a Supernova, inheritor of Oden's weapon/will and Strawhat's premier fighter (Luffy notwithstanding). If we went by feats alone. Jinbe would be the stronger than anyone in the Worst Generation not called Blackbeard.

• Haha

Insidious Smile

Supreme
Kin
76💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Jimbe. And the people that think Zoro is stronger than Jimbe are delusional, drooling fanboys.

Just remember Jimbe's feats. The only thing Zoro has working in his favor is the pain he took from Luffy back in Thriller Bark, which in all honestly, if Zoro is not able to take Luffy's pain as a second in command then he shouldn't even be part of the crew.

• Haha

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Who said anything about stopping training or not growing? When rebutting try to stay on the point of the argument. I said it's absurd to assume(as you are doing) that there's this great gap in power between the Ace who fought Jinbei and the Ace who died at MF. Did Ace grow, obviously but we can't accurately measure by how much
So the point remains that Jinbei lost to a Rookie.
And it's not me who's assuming, you yourself is assuming that Ace who fought Jinbei was already commander lvl.
It's just like saying Drake pre TS was already a commander lvl guy.

Well you should check again. Being Admiral doesn't mean you're the same strength, just comparable, Akainu was stronger than Aokiji right? Akainu's Fleet Admiral now not just Admiral right? Why would you assume anything other than Akainu is stronger than Fujitora? Is Fuji as strong as Sengoku too? Was Akainu as strong as Fuji when he first became Admiral? Because that's essentially what you're saying, a man who was just made Admiral is as strong as the Fleet Admiral.
Who's is talking abt strength?
I already said both Jinbei n Zoro stopped Admirals attack besides Fuji was bought to fill Akainu or Aokiji's shoes. So obviously they are as strong as pre TS Admirals were.

But we don't know how during that training is the point. You're just arbitrarily attributing the loss of his eye to a wound by Mihawk when nothing has ever indicated such a thing.

Why would Mihawk take his eye? There's as much reasoning behind each of them. Could have been in the first few days of training and one of those monkeys got a lucky strike.
Even Luffy has fought with monkeys in his training. He didn't lost any limb yet u think it's a monkey who got lucky n gave Zoro perm scar. Lol

Because Jinbei has taken hits from the two highest tiers in One Piece(Admiral and Yonkou) and kept trucking including a magma fist through his body. Meanwhile Zoro is getting cut via Apoo, spiked by Hawkins and something else at Wano I can't remember. In short he takes more hits from lower tiered opponents than have hit Jinbei and seemingly gets more affected.

That's endurance(fighting through pain/exhaustion) more than defense(blocking attacks and minimizing their effects). No one's arguing Zoro has monstrous endurance, I've even used TB to insinuate Zoro may have a better endurance than Luffy does but defensively Zoro has taken more damage from attacks from lower people than Jinbei. Zoro may get up from more damage but Jinbei will more often than not take less damage than Zoro will during their respective fights.

Ok, not sure how that has anything to do with the strength comparison we're having but ok. Pretty sure Arlong would be pretty impressed to see a guy get a big magma fist sized hole in him and keep running too so....? Also this goes back to my point about endurance, this is an example of Zoro enduring through the pain not his defense against the attack.
Post automatically merged:

Pre TS alone he fought with an Yonko/Admiral lvl guy - Aokiji / Mihawk.
Does it matter that in a fight who is taking more hits ?
Luffy fought wit Kata n took more hits. End result Luffy won.

Arlong's statement makes sense as he himself was part of Jinbei's crew n even saw death of his Captain.
Him being impressed by the wounds Zoro received from Mihawk tells enough that he can take hits from Yonko lvl guys too not only low tier guys.

Last edited:

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So the point remains that Jinbei lost to a Rookie.
And it's not me who's assuming, you yourself is assuming that Ace who fought Jinbei was already commander lvl.
It's just like saying Drake pre TS was already a commander lvl guy.
Yes it is you who is assuming. You're assuming Ace had this exponential growth from the time he fought Jinbei until he died. I've clearly acknowledged his growth rate is an assumption on any end.
If you can't see or won't admit your own assumptions then there's nothing left to discuss because you'll just keep going off on your assumptions as if they're fact and you can't argue against someone's assumptions they won't acknowledge are just assumptions.

Also fighting to a standstill and both passing out isn't really a loss. It's not really a win either but it's not really a loss.

Who's is talking abt strength?
I already said both Jinbei n Zoro stopped Admirals attack besides Fuji was bought to fill Akainu or Aokiji's shoes. So obviously they are as strong as pre TS Admirals were.
We are, we're talking about who's stronger between two characters so when discussing their opponents why wouldn't you discuss how strong they were as well?

That's what I'm trying to tell you though Admirals aren't the same strength as each other even pre skip. Akainu was still stronger then Aokiji. You're trying to say the attack Zoro took from Fuji is as strong as Akainu's punch just because they're both Admirals(assumptions) despite Akainu clearly being portrayed as the stronger of the two.

Even Luffy has fought with monkeys in his training. He didn't lost any limb yet u think it's a monkey who got lucky n gave Zoro perm scar. Lol
I didn't say it was the monkeys just that it could have been. We have no information about that time so one is just as likely as the other, this is a concept you seem to have trouble with - if something isn't said outright your idea of how it played out isn't a fact.

How about you explain why Mihawk would permanently wound his protege and the man he expects to take his place as WSS?

Pre TS alone he fought with an Yonko/Admiral lvl guy - Aokiji / Mihawk.
Just because you fight them doesn't really mean anything if you get steamrolled though. If Zoro had got up and walked away from Mihawks slash then it would be comparable to Jinbei taking Akainu's punch but he didn't and all that shows now is that Jinbei could withstand more and keep going.

Does it matter that in a fight who is taking more hits ?
Luffy fought wit Kata n took more hits. End result Luffy won.

When you're discussing defense? ABSOLUTELY how many hits you take is relevant to the discussion. It's like you pick one or two words to focus on and build your reply around that instead of the core of the point.

Taking a lot of hits and winning is a trait of endurance not defense. Zoro probably has a higher endurance than Jinbei but Jinbei has a better defense(let's less damage hit his body) Your reply makes me think you thought I said Jinbei can take more hits than Zoro or something.

Arlong's statement makes sense as he himself was part of Jinbei's crew n even saw death of his Captain.
Him being impressed by the wounds Zoro received from Mihawk tells enough that he can take hits from Yonko lvl guys too not only low tier guys.
Jesus, that doesn't bear any real merit in discussing who is stronger though. All that shows is Zoro is tough which no one was denying anyway. But since you want to hang on to this Arlong point let me point out that Zoro had been healing from those wounds before Arlong saw them, he didn't take that attack and keep moving like Jinbei did with Akainu and BM's hits.