[Discussion] Zoro>Luffy....in durability?

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was watching some old scenes and it got me thinking. Is Zoro able to withstand more pain than Luffy? Now obviously Luffy's stronger and more than likely has more stamina and will to continue fighting but at a point his body just won't be able to sustain that will as we've seen. This leads me to Thriller Bark, Zoro took his own damage during the arc then took Luffy's pain as well and didn't become incapacitated or knocked out. We haven't had anything really since then to give any indication on the matter though.

So, thoughts, feelings, agree, disagree? For the record I'm not saying Zoro's durability > Luffy as a fact I'm just curious to see what others think on the matter.

Rmstorm96

Kin
41💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was watching some old scenes and it got me thinking. Is Zoro able to withstand more pain than Luffy? Now obviously Luffy's stronger and more than likely has more stamina and will to continue fighting but at a point his body just won't be able to sustain that will as we've seen. This leads me to Thriller Bark, Zoro took his own damage during the arc then took Luffy's pain as well and didn't become incapacitated or knocked out. We haven't had anything really since then to give any indication on the matter though.

So, thoughts, feelings, agree, disagree? For the record I'm not saying Zoro's durability > Luffy as a fact I'm just curious to see what others think on the matter.
Luffy went on to surpass that feat in the Marineford and Impel Down Arc. And then continued Post timeskip with crazy endurance.

He survived Ivankov's treatment and Magellans Poisoning, fought in Marineford, took many cuts, bruisings, Kizauru's Kick attacks, Mihawks Slashes and Sengoku's Buddha Fists

In Dressrossa Luffy fought and used haki the whole day, beginning in the collessium, fought Pica, fought Doflamingo Offcers, kept running to the palace which used more stamina using more stamina.

Then was thrown back down from the top floor and had to start again, using more stamina, fought Bellamy who's attacks caused Luffy internal bleeding(more damage than Doflamingo attacks), as Luffy did not fight back, then fought Doflamingo's clone and Trebol, all before fighting Doflamingo.

Oda had made Doflamingo state that Luffy is half dead, before he fought Doflamingo 1 on 1

We know what Luffy went through at Whole Cake Island. FIghting Cracker, fighting the enrage Army and Sanji while being hungry. Got caught, Spent more energy catching animals for brulee's ability.

Then slept for 2 hours, woke up tired and the fought Katakuri while he was not 100%, took a beating for 7 hours, got stabbed by Katakuri's spinning mochi thrust, and continued fighting for another 3 hours.

In Whole Cake Island, it was even revealed that Luffy used 3 times the energy of a normal human just by existing due to his devil fruit.

Then moving even costs him even more energy.

In Wano we saw the difference in Endurance and Durability between Zoro and Luffy, which made it even more clear.
Zoro has considerably worse endurance than Luffy.

Zoro got injured(nailed) by Hawkins, Stabbed by Nerfed Killer(Kamazou) and fainted. One stab, and he was out cold.

Compared to what Luffy went through in, Impel Down, Marineford, Dressrossa and Whole Cake Island.
Zoro has significantly worse endurance than Luffy as well as recovery speed.

Last edited:

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
No way. While I think Zoro could definitely endure more than Luffy before the timeskip, Luffy has made drastic improvements since then. All highlighted by the post above. I lost faith in Zoro contending with Luffy's durability/endurance ever since he was K.O.ed without a hint of poisoning. Maybe the water and meat got to him and his durability is higher, but I'm assuming he'd get K.O.ed anyways. Imo, Zoro wouldn't have taken Kata's beating for even a fourth of how long Luffy took it.