[Suggestion] Zise drop that profile customization!

P3ĮÑ

Immortal
Kin
375💸
Kumi
48💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've talked to a few of the Admin of this board, they are too busy with everyday life. This once was a more prioritized hobby when things were booming but times change and after that hack, the board was never quite the same. As far as SEO; yeah, I did some research and it seems like they are sabotaging themselves with the board they are using and not using the best site optimizations to get the people in and signing up.

I would happily sponsor a few projects if they were down. I feel a few of us frequent members wouldn't mind forking up some cash to restore our teenage nostalgia.
It's funny you mention the hack cuz it was a pretty "looooool" moment in NB history the culprit himself was obvious the user if anyone recalls "Moegi of akatsuki/Udon of akatsuki" originally overloaded the servers by running a bot script and making 50k posts per minute, iirc it took zise a couple of hours to catch on and ban him I'm surprised the admins didn't view this as a precaution since when I asked him later on he said "I might have" (He was extremely proficient with the arch linux kernal impressive for someone in 2013/14)

It also caused people to join NF its competitors (some never returned to the site) and others that were pretty popular at the time and were less censored which is ironically still kinda thriving just name changed.

My original issue with the board which I discussed with caliburn was out of all the forum boards I saw NB was unique at banning any crossbattle debate/thread, which made zero sense to me because none of their competing sites did this, a lot of users myself included were part of said "niche" where a lot of users gained infamy or were known for, they just straight up left.

My main job is primarily this, I take on magento/wordpress projects for clients as well as SEO. The main issue is the .me it essentially kills the site, I can also help them out if they ever need consulting or have a project.

Vbulletin is much better than this xenoforo system we have now lol
I don't even disagree, it's extremely vulnerable tho and can be exploited there's lots of zero day CVE's for vbulletin, it'll give zise more PTSD about the hack

Happy new year to everyone tho

Last edited:

Tantalus Thief

Elite
Kin
385💸
Kumi
36💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's funny you mention the hack cuz it was a pretty "looooool" moment in NB history the culprit himself was obvious the user if anyone recalls "Moegi of akatsuki/Udon of akatsuki" originally overloaded the servers by running a bot script and making 50k posts per minute, iirc it took zise a couple of hours to catch on and ban him I'm surprised the admins didn't view this as a precaution since when I asked him later on he said "I might have" (He was extremely proficient with the arch linux kernal impressive for someone in 2013/14)

It also caused people to join NF its competitors (some never returned to the site) and others that were pretty popular at the time and were less censored which is ironically still kinda thriving just name changed.

My original issue with the board which I discussed with caliburn was out of all the forum boards I saw NB was unique at banning any crossbattle debate/thread, which made zero sense to me because none of their competing sites did this, a lot of users myself included were part of said "niche" where a lot of users gained infamy or were known for, they just straight up left.

My main job is primarily this, I take on magento/wordpress projects for clients as well as SEO. The main issue is the .me it essentially kills the site, I can also help them out if they ever need consulting or have a project.

I don't even disagree, it's extremely vulnerable tho and can be exploited there's lots of zero day CVE's for vbulletin, it'll give zise more PTSD about the hack

Happy new year to everyone tho
So the reason why registrations were suspended from may 2013 to march 2014 was cuz of the hacks by moegi of akatsuki?

P3ĮÑ

Immortal
Kin
375💸
Kumi
48💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So the reason why registrations were suspended from may 2013 to march 2014 was cuz of the hacks by moegi of akatsuki?
The suspensions slipped my mind, it could have been idk people were being very sneaky with alts and stuff, which is the reasoning they used at the time to suspend joining (which is kinda true lots of alts after the hack). Even so, if it was for moderation purposes, a 1-2 month suspension makes sense (even that is long af) any longer, you're killing the site when there were a lot of visitors pretty much.

Reactions: Hunty

Hunty

Veteran
Kin
907💸
Kumi
2,293💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
There was huge hysteria amongst the admins about a possible "attack" again resulting in the closing of the registration. That was the start of the end at that point, I mean look at the old registration. It was a hundred or even a thousand a day.