Your story as a FF writer on the Base - Your first inspirations!

~Uzumaki~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
One fateful day while I was arguing on a Minato Vs Itachi thread, I met a guy named MinatoFLASH who, as expected from his username, was of my opinion that Minato would win. The thread died down eventually but the next day, sitting on my profile page, was a link to an FF about a Minato VS Itachi battle written by MinatoFLASH. It was not the best piece of literature I ever read and the fight was greatly one sided to favor Minato but I found it a bit funny and thus I was introduced to the FF section.

Inspired by this fellow, I created a Minato VS Pain FF which the Yellow Flash won. Got a few likes and thanks. Later I made an Itachi VS Kisame which was also well received. I read Kuroi Honoo's Izumo and Kotetsu FF and I was inspired to write an actual story.

When I posted the prologue to Legend of the Lightning Sage, I got my first real crit from a writer named Ero Sennin Jiraiya(I think) Feeling that my work was poor, I contacted Kuroi for advice and he provided some real guidance which allowed me to post several well liked chaps of that FF. Kuroi was very supportive, reading all my chaps and posting encouraging comments, rating all of them five stars and I was starting to see myself as a really good writer.

I also got to reading other FFs which was how I got introduced to Reborn's Shichiyo Gaiden. I was impressed by the quality of his writing and read all his voluminous chapters in only a few days. I was convinced that he was the best writer on NB but he himself denied it and directed me to TOC's work, which I finished in two days(I had a lot of free time back then >_>) He also introduced me to Writer's Block which was where I really met the Writer's Community and was introduced to the FF contest.

My first contest had me in last place with three votes I think, one from the ever supportive Kuroi Honoo ^_^ Then I recognised a real need to improve. I discontinued my Legend of the Lightning Sage FF partly due to internet problem at the time, going on a hiatus during which time I simply hung around Writer's Block, joking around and reading FFs.

Later on, I had a desire to write and posted the Unknown Tales of Uchiha Itachi, it was well liked. And, while still writing about Itachi, I posted the Unknown Tales of Namikaze Minato which was even more liked. Then at the same time, I also posted Unknown Tales of the Senju Brothers. The only reason I was writing so many at once was so I could improve my rep bars haha. Writing three FFs at the same time was pretty tough and I eventually had to discontinue the Itachi and Senju bros FFs when I started to have less free time, exclusively writing only Minato which was my favorite and also my readers'

I entered another contest with the Minato FF and, while I didn't come in last, I didn't place. Shortly after, I was introduced to Shinobi Train's and Germanicus' work. I was simply awed; these two to me were NB's greatest writers and they happily took me under their wing, providing critique to all my works, Germanicus more so than S. Train. Sometimes TOC dropped in to dismantle my work too haha.

Germanicus advised me to read more of actual literature to improve my skills(which has led to my current most prominent hobby. I've finished the Harry Potter series, read nearly every Sherlock Holmes, read two Tarzan novels, read A Princess of Mars and I'm currently on the sequel of the Mars novel) My description was improving(and still improving I hope) Eventually S. Train started calling me the best writer on the base(yeah, right >_>) I had an ever increasing number of readers and so I mustered up to confidence to enter another contest.

My very first medal! And first place too. I was really happy. I had gotten TOC's, S. Train's, Germanicus' votes; the three writers I considered the best. The next month brought me my next first place medal. The month after saw me drop to 3rd place. I finished my Minato FF(first FF I ever completed on NB) and was happy to take a break from writing since I was pretty busy with RL stuff by then. Now I'm free and I'm writing Crow in the Shadows and hopefully, I should be able to enter it in next month's competition ^_^ If I manage to make it to the thread in time >_>

I'd appreciate all your votes by the way haha.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,831💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
One fateful day while I was arguing on a Minato Vs Itachi thread, I met a guy named MinatoFLASH who, as expected from his username, was of my opinion that Minato would win. The thread died down eventually but the next day, sitting on my profile page, was a link to an FF about a Minato VS Itachi battle written by MinatoFLASH. It was not the best piece of literature I ever read and the fight was greatly one sided to favor Minato but I found it a bit funny and thus I was introduced to the FF section.

Inspired by this fellow, I created a Minato VS Pain FF which the Yellow Flash won. Got a few likes and thanks. Later I made an Itachi VS Kisame which was also well received. I read Kuroi Honoo's Izumo and Kotetsu FF and I was inspired to write an actual story.

When I posted the prologue to Legend of the Lightning Sage, I got my first real crit from a writer named Ero Sennin Jiraiya(I think) Feeling that my work was poor, I contacted Kuroi for advice and he provided some real guidance which allowed me to post several well liked chaps of that FF. Kuroi was very supportive, reading all my chaps and posting encouraging comments, rating all of them five stars and I was starting to see myself as a really good writer.

I also got to reading other FFs which was how I got introduced to Reborn's Shichiyo Gaiden. I was impressed by the quality of his writing and read all his voluminous chapters in only a few days. I was convinced that he was the best writer on NB but he himself denied it and directed me to TOC's work, which I finished in two days(I had a lot of free time back then >_>) He also introduced me to Writer's Block which was where I really met the Writer's Community and was introduced to the FF contest.

My first contest had me in last place with three votes I think, one from the ever supportive Kuroi Honoo ^_^ Then I recognised a real need to improve. I discontinued my Legend of the Lightning Sage FF partly due to internet problem at the time, going on a hiatus during which time I simply hung around Writer's Block, joking around and reading FFs.

Later on, I had a desire to write and posted the Unknown Tales of Uchiha Itachi, it was well liked. And, while still writing about Itachi, I posted the Unknown Tales of Namikaze Minato which was even more liked. Then at the same time, I also posted Unknown Tales of the Senju Brothers. The only reason I was writing so many at once was so I could improve my rep bars haha. Writing three FFs at the same time was pretty tough and I eventually had to discontinue the Itachi and Senju bros FFs when I started to have less free time, exclusively writing only Minato which was my favorite and also my readers'

I entered another contest with the Minato FF and, while I didn't come in last, I didn't place. Shortly after, I was introduced to Shinobi Train's and Germanicus' work. I was simply awed; these two to me were NB's greatest writers and they happily took me under their wing, providing critique to all my works, Germanicus more so than S. Train. Sometimes TOC dropped in to dismantle my work too haha.

Germanicus advised me to read more of actual literature to improve my skills(which has led to my current most prominent hobby. I've finished the Harry Potter series, read nearly every Sherlock Holmes, read two Tarzan novels, read A Princess of Mars and I'm currently on the sequel of the Mars novel) My description was improving(and still improving I hope) Eventually S. Train started calling me the best writer on the base(yeah, right >_>) I had an ever increasing number of readers and so I mustered up to confidence to enter another contest.

My very first medal! And first place too. I was really happy. I had gotten TOC's, S. Train's, Germanicus' votes; the three writers I considered the best. The next month brought me my next first place medal. The month after saw me drop to 3rd place. I finished my Minato FF(first FF I ever completed on NB) and was happy to take a break from writing since I was pretty busy with RL stuff by then. Now I'm free and I'm writing Crow in the Shadows and hopefully, I should be able to enter it in next month's competition ^_^ If I manage to make it to the thread in time >_>

I'd appreciate all your votes by the way haha.
Another great and inspiring story appears =p I was certain this thread was dead long time ago, haha ;)
For some reason, your post kind of reminded me of the one I posted myself at the top of this thread, although with an "underdog" theme added into the mix ;D It was a good read for sure ^_^