Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Finally the thing they've been showing in Hollywood movies(an instant example comes to my mind is the movie "Enemy of the state") have gotten real...

I'm not from US but the internet companies listed there (and who knows how many are not listed there, eg: facebook, Skype, apple, microsoft) well they have their base in US and I'm sure almost all of us have used them in our daily lives and it's now pretty clear that US has spied not only their citizens but there is also a definite possibility that it spied on foreign citizen data that cruised through this US server for last 6-7 yrs or even more.

So watch it folks... As your privacy is no more a private than what you think..!

wait...! is our NB server is US based..??!! O_O

Trollasaur

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Um I thought it was obvious this has been going on for years, and it's really not a big deal IMO. Google has been tracking your searches for years.

-Jiraiya-

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The thing is US can implement any laws they like to invade the privacy of their citizens for good or bad but to include international users of such US based internet companies under their spying wing is simply cheap and intolerable...

-Jiraiya-

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
What're you gonna do 'bout it son?

We can't touch those pigs, so why worry about bacon?
I know that well..xd
all we can do is nag about it in the same internet which they used to spy on us..
it's a paradox... lol.
but at least all the people (both US citizens and international citizens) just know that you're not alone anymore... As of today it was just revealed that everyone has got a CIA or NSA agent up their assss...

Dissonant Values

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You really have no idea what's going on. It's illegal to wiretap and invade the privacy of citizens in the US. That's why Richard Nixon faced impeachment in the Watergate Scandal. The US does monitor, but it's not in the way you're thinking of. You need a court subpoena to do any direct monitoring whatsoever, or it's a federal offense and criminal charges can be made.

Source: My dad is the director of Homeland Security's Domestic and Foreign Investigations.

Edit: For the people who say what about Facebook, Skype, Apple, etc storing information, tracking information? That's because when you agree to their terms and usage you're also agreeing to allow the company limited access to your information. How many people actually read the terms and uses? Not many. Most of us just hit "I agree" and next, next, next.

Edit 2: But Dissonant Values what about PRISM and the NSA. Well that's a good question readers. PRISM is a broad spectrum scan that looks for key words in internet traffic and can pull in potentially useful information from around the world. Specifically information that would aid in US safety and homeland defense. Now does the NSA have access to native information that gets shuttled around the inter webs? Well yes. Does that mean the analysts at the FBI (Who mind you are entry level employees for the FBI, heck even agents aren't a big deal.) are allowed to go through your information? No. They aren't because this is illegal. Let's use Lawyer/Doctor Client/Patient confidentiality as a perfect example.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shuuya

-Jiraiya-

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You really have no idea what's going on. It's illegal to wiretap and invade the privacy of citizens in the US. That's why Richard Nixon faced impeachment in the Watergate Scandal. The US does monitor, but it's not in the way you're thinking of. You need a court subpoena to do any direct monitoring whatsoever, or it's a federal offense and criminal charges can be made.

Source: My dad is the director of Homeland Security's Domestic and Foreign Investigations.

Edit: For the people who say what about Facebook, Skype, Apple, etc storing information, tracking information? That's because when you agree to their terms and usage you're also agreeing to allow the company limited access to your information. How many people actually read the terms and uses? Not many. Most of us just hit "I agree" and next, next, next.

Edit 2: But Dissonant Values what about PRISM and the NSA. Well that's a good question readers. PRISM is a broad spectrum scan that looks for key words in internet traffic and can pull in potentially useful information from around the world. Specifically information that would aid in US safety and homeland defense. Now does the NSA have access to native information that gets shuttled around the inter webs? Well yes. Does that mean the analysts at the FBI (Who mind you are entry level employees for the FBI, heck even agents aren't a big deal.) are allowed to go through your information? No. They aren't because this is illegal. Let's use Lawyer/Doctor Client/Patient confidentiality as a perfect example.
The disclaimer you mentioned that we are agreeing to their terms and conditions is nothing but an open license to the concerned companies to access our data that is acceptable as no one can use their product without agreeing to their terms and conditions.
but its not a problem as far as they retain it inaccessible to 3rd parties.
but in the above case US govt a 3rd party in that context had all such access to all the citizen's data.

And of course this operation is made legal by whatever means only God knows.

I'm pretty sure not only me but every other people can never have a clear idea on this issue and they'll never in future also.

Also don't compare this to doctor patient relationship...

Reactions: shelke

Dissonant Values

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Also don't compare this to doctor patient relationship...
Tell me what to do again and see how well I take it.

Also considering I'm also halfway through medical school I'll compare it to the doctor-patient relationship all I want.

Do you think my custom tag is just there for aesthetic reasons?

-Jiraiya-

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Tell me what to do again and see how well I take it.

Also considering I'm also halfway through medical school I'll compare it to the doctor-patient relationship all I want.

Do you think my custom tag is just there for aesthetic reasons?
Well considering I'm already a doctor, I'm pretty much qualified to tell that " No.. it's not like doctor-patient relationship..!".

Disquiet

Supreme
Kin
2💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mostly every move I make is under the assumption that it's being monitored, whether it's by the government or the heads of a site. People that try to monitor me through posts and behavior is most likely only chasing false information. I don't use the internet much aside from forums. In fact *drum roll* I only started using it two years ago.