[Discussion] Your opinions about Garp's strength?

Donald J Trump

Elite
Kin
912💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
After reading chapter 957, what do you think about Garp's strength?

Many people seemed to underrate him a lot, some even going as far to say he's Vergo level at best (Slob Youtuber KingOfLightning)

Has your rankings of current Garp changed after reading this chapter?

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
The problem with guys like Garp and even WB is that we have no concrete information on how the top tiers of the current era scale to the top tiers of the previous ones. Roger, WB, and Rocks all share this kind of thing where they're hailed as the "top pirates of their era," but there's issues with statements like that, namely being that that secludes the hype to pirates and to that era.

We don't know how strong Akainu, or current Yonko, or Dragon or Aokiji or the Admirals are compared to Rocks, so it makes things like "Garp was able to take down Rocks with Roger's help" even more dubious to use than it being a 2 vs 1 fight already brings.

• Love
Reactions: SaitamaSanji

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
After reading chapter 957, what do you think about Garp's strength?

Many people seemed to underrate him a lot, some even going as far to say he's Vergo level at best (Slob Youtuber KingOfLightning)

Has your rankings of current Garp changed after reading this chapter?
Current Garp? Hard to say but I'd argue he could hang with any Admiral still.

Young Garp this may be an unpopular opinion since he never went and did so but I would argue he could have beat young WB. He and Roger stood down Rocks' crew which included a young WB so to me that shows at that time Garp was > either BM, Kaido or WB in 1v1 at the time since all of them together didn't win.

SaitamaSanji

Kin
391💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The problem with guys like Garp and even WB is that we have no concrete information on how the top tiers of the current era scale to the top tiers of the previous ones. Roger, WB, and Rocks all share this kind of thing where they're hailed as the "top pirates of their era," but there's issues with statements like that, namely being that that secludes the hype to pirates and to that era.

We don't know how strong Akainu, or current Yonko, or Dragon or Aokiji or the Admirals are compared to Rocks, so it makes things like "Garp was able to take down Rocks with Roger's help" even more dubious to use than it being a 2 vs 1 fight already brings.
took words right out my mouth. im pretty sure this generation's top tiers gonna surpass previous one. otherwise wts the fun in all of this. prime akainu > prime garp for me. not denying the fact that garp is an absolute monster. and on the other hand most fans hv now started overrating garp as well saying he and roger beat 3 of the current yonkou together when we all know none of them were as strong as when they were yonkou by that time. if we calculate the age by the time god valley incident happens garp is at the age of 40 while roger 39 and wb 36 , BM 30 and kaido probably even younger.so i kind of think that only major factors of this battle was most probably roger,garp,rocks and wb since it seems like only they were somewhat more closer to their prime age. lot of others may not agree bt i think most of the one piece top tiers achieve their prime self between (55-40) i could very well be wrong though. plus we still dont know if rayleigh and other top fighters of roger's crew or marines other vice admirals or admirals helped them on some way. it would be nice to know wt exactly happened on that day from garp himself since he is the one who knows wt actually happened on that day

Passerby

Veteran
Kin
1,405💸
Kumi
711💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Current Garp? Hard to say but I'd argue he could hang with any Admiral still.

Young Garp this may be an unpopular opinion since he never went and did so but I would argue he could have beat young WB. He and Roger stood down Rocks' crew which included a young WB so to me that shows at that time Garp was > either BM, Kaido or WB in 1v1 at the time since all of them together didn't win.
You really think he could keep up with a serious admiral? I mean BB was pretty confident he could take on both Garp and Sengoku and BB is someone who knows when someone is stronger than him because he ran away from Shanks and Akainu.

SaitamaSanji

Kin
391💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You really think he could keep up with a serious admiral? I mean BB was pretty confident he could take on both Garp and Sengoku and BB is someone who knows when someone is stronger than him because he ran away from Shanks and Akainu.
while i agree right now he wont be able to keep up with admirals i dnt think he is a pushover either even right now. bt i think the reason he was so overconfident wasnt because garp or sengoku becoming much weaker bt rather he had his crew helping him if anything goes south plus he knew both garp and sengoku had one major disadvantage since they were fighting on MF. while BB doesnt care wt happens to the island garp and sengoku does.another reason y they couldnt go all out at that time. which further proves why BB was so confident even marines had other 3 admirals including akainu on the run as well. coz none of the admirals cant go all out if they hv to protect MF in return. thats y BB got some reality check by shanks coz not only shanks had his crew unlike marines he also got no reason to protect MF while fighting. so BB knew when to retreat coz he knew he was at clear disadvantage if he had to face a yonkou going all out. which i think the same reason why he ran away at the first sight of akainu since the bastard could go all out there unlike at MF and it wouldnt be funny to face a moving volcano. so i think garp can hold of an admiral up to some point bt eventually will loose due to stamina and strength factors bt i think he is still at a level above 1st mate YC

Reactions: Passerby

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
took words right out my mouth. im pretty sure this generation's top tiers gonna surpass previous one. otherwise wts the fun in all of this. prime akainu > prime garp for me. not denying the fact that garp is an absolute monster. and on the other hand most fans hv now started overrating garp as well saying he and roger beat 3 of the current yonkou together when we all know none of them were as strong as when they were yonkou by that time. if we calculate the age by the time god valley incident happens garp is at the age of 40 while roger 39 and wb 36 , BM 30 and kaido probably even younger.so i kind of think that only major factors of this battle was most probably roger,garp,rocks and wb since it seems like only they were somewhat more closer to their prime age. lot of others may not agree bt i think most of the one piece top tiers achieve their prime self between (55-40) i could very well be wrong though. plus we still dont know if rayleigh and other top fighters of roger's crew or marines other vice admirals or admirals helped them on some way. it would be nice to know wt exactly happened on that day from garp himself since he is the one who knows wt actually happened on that day
Not to mention that we see Marines behind Garp in the panel, meaning Garp wasn’t alone. It’s likely Roger had his crew as well.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
If not for the fact that he smashed in Chinjao(The drill head guy)'s head with 0 difficulty, I'd actually argue for the possibility of him being a scrub. There's a lot of factors that were already mentioned to be considered. Right now I feel it's most likely that he's Yonko level though. As someone who thought PK level didn't exist, this chapter is one that has changed my thought on Roger the most.

Garp had help taking down Rox, but this reveal gives more validity to his strength than doubt. You look at the fact that Oden, who was apparently far stronger than the commander's we've been seeing, was taken on WB's and Roger's ships and it becomes clear powerlevels were never lower. There may be a greater amount of powerful people, but it seems they still haven't hit the peak that those of the past set. For example, when Big Mom implicates inferiority to WB and Kaido implicates that WB was his last true challenge. Big Mom and Kaido can have only descended from whatever their prime was just as Rayleigh, Garp, WB, and Sengoku have.

Add the fact that Garp played cat and mouse with Roger(Prime WB's equal) AFTER Rox's defeat and there's a case to be made that Garp is around PK level with WB and Roger.

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He turn down the position of admiral many times according to Sengoku meaning that he’s way above admiral level and he would’ve been in the same position as Sengoku potentially playing a part as Fleet admiral and then stepping down. However he refused admiral promotion more than once.
So for an idiot youtuber to say Garp is Vergo’s level is like saying Vergo is beyond admiral level.

Obviously Garp is strong, stronger than the former and current three admirals that was and is in office based on feats and experience alone.
For people bring up the stupid navy men being behind him, go look back at the paramount war when Sakazuki was fighting. He had rear and Vice admirals behind him the whole time he fought Whitebeard and his Division Commanders. Heck he even used vice admirals to attack Whitebeard after his initial attack on a weakened man that was on his knees coughing from his illness.

I’ll take it as that Roger and Garp alone 2 v 1 Rocks for sure. Other people had to handle the future yonkos because Rogers and Garp alone beating Kaido, Linlin, Whitebeard, and Rox seems a bit much for anyone. Even the current work government shouldn’t be able to handle that kind of threat either.
So it speaks volume for Garp, Rogers, and his crew.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
He turn down the position of admiral many times according to Sengoku meaning that he’s way above admiral level and he would’ve been in the same position as Sengoku potentially playing a part as Fleet admiral and then stepping down. However he refused admiral promotion more than once.
So for an idiot youtuber to say Garp is Vergo’s level is like saying Vergo is beyond admiral level.

Obviously Garp is strong, stronger than the former and current three admirals that was and is in office based on feats and experience alone.
For people bring up the stupid navy men being behind him, go look back at the paramount war when Sakazuki was fighting. He had rear and Vice admirals behind him the whole time he fought Whitebeard and his Division Commanders. Heck he even used vice admirals to attack Whitebeard after his initial attack on a weakened man that was on his knees coughing from his illness.

I’ll take it as that Roger and Garp alone 2 v 1 Rocks for sure. Other people had to handle the future yonkos because Rogers and Garp alone beating Kaido, Linlin, Whitebeard, and Rox seems a bit much for anyone. Even the current work government shouldn’t be able to handle that kind of threat either.
So it speaks volume for Garp, Rogers, and his crew.
“He was offered the position as Admiral and said no, that means he’s WAY above Admirals”

The logic of fools is something to behold

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
“He was offered the position as Admiral and said no, that means he’s WAY above Admirals”

The logic of fools is something to behold
An admiral is a position bestowed by feats of strength and heroic deeds. Only a fool would say something so stupid as you did just now.
Considering the fact that I’ve been right about everything I’ve said in the past, this statement is just hilariously useless.
Post automatically merged:

admiral downplay is everywhere sadly
Yeah let’s talk about how admirals can beat up Emperor and what not again.

Down playing admirals right? You people never learn.

SaitamaSanji

Kin
391💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
An admiral is a position bestowed by feats of strength and heroic deeds. Only a fool would say something so stupid as you did just now.
Considering the fact that I’ve been right about everything I’ve said in the past, this statement is just hilariously useless.
again proves wt he said was right. how come garp> admiral when he himself would likely hv been an admiral if he didnt refused. admirals can be differ in strength thats true bt doesnt mean that they arent in the admiral category. remember wt caramel said abt BM? if she was a marine she had the potential to become an admiral or even fleet admiral. admirals are like yonko counterparts in the marine side. admirals can be differ in strength though as same as emperors

same can be said for yonko as well. despite having such lower bounties compared to others BB and luffy was still considered as emperors. and the only reason they were known as emperors is that both of them defeated YC1 from different yonko crew. luffy defeats katakuri and BB defeats marco and boom! , the world gonna recognize u as one of the emperors. as far as i know all of the current admirals can beat YC1s pretty handily. so not so impressive as it sounds to be considered as an emperor right?

Yeah let’s talk about how admirals can beat up Emperor and what not again.

Down playing admirals right? You people never learn.
or talk abt how an emperor can do it :lol1-onion-head-emoticon:

Reactions: Punk Hazard

Thelucifer333

Kin
69💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why are people only assuming WB/Big Mom/Kaido vs Roger/Garp. I mean wasn't sikki too on rocks and other pirates too and to control them Rock's aka Captain was also not a joke just to ignore. May be WB/Big Mom/Kaido/sikki was not matured but why is people forgetting that Big Mom was 6years Old to cause kill people. As Sengoku said weevil is same like young WB and weevil now is so confident in killing every Ex-WB crew alone. And Kaido was already monstrous. And that rocks Captain we don't know the strength. So basically I don't think people are overrating Garp

SaitamaSanji

Kin
391💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We dont know that, its perfectly possible rayleigh was there
true. we dont even know how the battle continued. wt if someone on rocks side betrayed them as the fight prolonged? since they were never a crew with real companionship with each other bt rather worked together to fulfill their ulterior motives. just like wt sengoku said abt BM and kaido alliance. so when the things went south when marines and roger pirates starting beating up the rocks may be some of the rocks pirates intentionally betrayed them to help roger or garp so they could escape through the tough situation. im not saying its wt exactly happened bt we for now dnt know wt really happened that day. may be garp,kaido or BM will give us more info abt wt exactly happened in that day. until then we know nothing abt this battle just like we dnt know wt happened between sabo and rev vs admirals

Olorin

Legendary
Kin
268💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
true. we dont even know how the battle continued. wt if someone on rocks side betrayed them as the fight prolonged? since they were never a crew with real companionship with each other bt rather worked together to fulfill their ulterior motives. just like wt sengoku said abt BM and kaido alliance. so when the things went south when marines and roger pirates starting beating up the rocks may be some of the rocks pirates intentionally betrayed them to help roger or garp so they could escape through the tough situation. im not saying its wt exactly happened bt we for now dnt know wt really happened that day. may be garp,kaido or BM will give us more info abt wt exactly happened in that day. until then we know nothing abt this battle just like we dnt know wt happened between sabo and rev vs admirals
Nevertheless, I hope fans finally acknowledge pirates are not the only faction with a legendary figure and put Garp next to Roger, in our little fantheon of worship

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Absolutely. Given Garps portrayal throughout I think he'd still push any Admiral. I may be wrong but I'd say physically he's probably as strong as MF WB was just without a fruit but also with no health issue.