Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I just finished Marineford arc,and I have to say that I am trully impressed by Whitebeards strenght. He was a real monster. He died standing,man I can't think of an more epic death than that.

So I was wondering what do you guys think,was the young Edward Newgate the strongest person who has ever sailed in OP?

And I know that they say that Gol D. Roger was the only person who could counter him,so I also wanted to ask you,is Roger's power known? Was he a devil fruit user or what?

*EDIT* : One more question: What the **** was Shanks doing during the battle,why didn't he help them?

Last edited:
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Rogers power remains unknown but its safe to assume he had some devastating Haki abilities...as for young WB maybe i suppose so(but what if young WB never had a DF and he he got somewhere when Roger was rising to fame?)

TonyDawn1379

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Probably his endurance was beast when he was young .
In the war he was sick , very old , had like 3 holes in his chest and still fcked akainu and bb and got hit like 582875 times from bullets and still didn't fall down..
No nothing is known about roger except he was able to speak with sea mons .... and he was sick .
Shanks was playing hide and seek with kaido.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He was held up by Kaidou, besides this wasn't Shanks' fight, to show up to help a rival yonkou is already a pretty big thing, but he didn't owe it to Whitebeard to fight alongside him. He could've done the same as Blackbeard and take advantage of the situation at that point but he didn't.

Olorin

Legendary
Kin
268💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
imo prime Roger = prime Garp = prime Dragon (= to be prime Luffy (well maybe Luffy may go just slightly above) = would be prime Ace) => Prime WB => Shanks > Kaido, Akainu > BM, Kuzan and so on ...

and imo the differences are very small

that also means BB will probably be as powerful as those up there and at least 1 WG official and/or Marine

Last edited:

Barbarossa

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
imo prime Roger = prime Garp = prime Dragon (= to be prime Luffy (well maybe Luffy may go just slightly above) = would be prime Ace) => Prime WB => Shanks > Kaido, Akainu > BM, Kuzan and so on ...

and imo the differences are very small

that also means BB will probably be as powerful as those up there and at least 1 WG official and/or Marine
Are Garp and Dragon really that strong?

Olorin

Legendary
Kin
268💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Are Garp and Dragon really that strong?
that is MY opinion, you should finish OP and come to a conclusion yourself, maybe we will disagree, and that's ok because only Oda knows how it really is ... for now ;)

and I think so because 1. Garp and Roger almost killed each other so they should be about equal, and 2. Dragon is Garp's (the man who matched Roger) son and Luffy's father (the man who will one day be the PK), and Dragon is sort of today's Roger, look at how he was mentioned at MF, the reaction very similar to how they reacted to Roger being Ace's father, Roger was father to Ace while Dragon is father to Luffy also both are the most wanted criminals of their time (although one is a pirate and the other a revolutionary)

Last edited:

Olorin

Legendary
Kin
268💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sengoku knew there was no way for them to lose and WB knew he was going to die, he wanted Ace to escape because he wanted him to carry on at what Roger failed, but during the battle WB realized that Luffy will be the one to do that, not Ace. Now that you saw MF you know that the WB pirates didn't even take down a single admiral, even the most injured Admiral could push back the WB commanders after he came back above ground, and the Marines still had the Fleet Admiral Sengoku and (according to most fans) the strongest Marine at the time, Garp.

I know WB was a monster at MF but you should know he WASN'T the only monster

Last edited:

Fireplay

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
WB was said to be able to rival Roger so no, he wasn't the strongest. WB had equals.

Garp, Roger and WB were the big 3.

Roge's abilities haven't been shown yet but most fans think that he didn't have a DF since we saw him wield a sword and a pistol.

About Dragon...Shanks>Dragon

#imout

Last edited:

I m an Ass

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
that is MY opinion, you should finish OP and come to a conclusion yourself, maybe we will disagree, and that's ok because only Oda knows how it really is ... for now ;)

and I think so because 1. Garp and Roger almost killed each other so they should be about equal, and 2. Dragon is Garp's (the man who matched Roger) son and Luffy's father (the man who will one day be the PK), and Dragon is sort of today's Roger, look at how he was mentioned at MF, the reaction very similar to how they reacted to Roger being Ace's father, Roger was father to Ace while Dragon is father to Luffy also both are the most wanted criminals of their time (although one is a pirate and the other a revolutionary)
indeed,akainu fears Roger's son as much as Dragon's son
maybe Dragon is the only one who's pirate king level,because everytime people say his name everyone goes mad

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sengoku knew there is no way for them to lose and WB knew he was going to die, now that you saw MF you know that the MF pirates didn't even take down a single admiral, even the most injured Admiral could push back the WB commanders after he came back above ground, and the Marines still had the Fleet Admiral Sengoku and (according to most fans) the strongest Marine at the time, Garp.

I know WB was a monster at MF but you should know he WASN'T the only monster
Really? Because if Teach hadnt come and did the you know what...WB would have demolished MF

Olorin

Legendary
Kin
268💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Really? Because if Teach hadnt come and did the you know what...WB would have demolished MF
if the Marine HQ was destroyed it wouldn't mean that the Marines lost, it's just symbolism, one doesn't simply sink the stronghold of justice

if the island sank Aokiji could freeze the sea for foothold or maybe Akainu could even create a new island since he is magma

WB may have been able to sink MF but there is no way in hell he could take out the 3 admirals, Sengoku and Garp, Akainu alone took him almost to his limits before a berserk WB sneaked up on him

in fact imho, even if I like Shanks as much as I do, even if Shanks joined the battle the pirates would not have won

Last edited:

YellowFang

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Young WB, if he had his DF at that time is the strongest to ever sail in OP... IMO!

He was said to be one of those capable of competing with Roger, while I think that WB was stronger than Roger... They're friends and WB never seemed villainous for Roger to be able to beat him in order to become PK...

Garp is said to be only one besides WB to go toe-to-toe with PK, and I can't figure Garp with one or two Haki [how strong they maybe] to be someone very close to WB with his DF and Hakis...

* Shanks arrived at the time he appeared at MF and he isn't like Luffy to help out anyone in bad situation, considering the dying one and the helping one are both Yonko...

Special note: Dragon might be the worst criminal but I don't see him in the league of those 'Old Era' monsters...

All were my opinions... Peace!!!

ultraChalk

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I just finished Marineford arc,and I have to say that I am trully impressed by Whitebeards strenght. He was a real monster. He died standing,man I can't think of an more epic death than that.

So I was wondering what do you guys think,was the young Edward Newgate the strongest person who has ever sailed in OP?

And I know that they say that Gol D. Roger was the only person who could counter him,so I also wanted to ask you,is Roger's power known? Was he a devil fruit user or what?

*EDIT* : One more question: What the **** was Shanks doing during the battle,why didn't he help them?
Roger was a bit stronger than Whitebeard. Always will be, but they still pushed each other to the highest of the high diffs.

Therefore Young Eddy was not the strongest.

And Shanks was on his way to the war, but got held up by Kaido on the way there and arrived too late.

Zorø

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Roger, WB and Garp were all close in strength but to me Whitebeard is stronger than Garp because we have actually seen feats of what he can do in the Marineford war and he wasn't even nowhere near his best yet he was still impressive U_U Garp is all hype not doubting his strength but we havent seen him in action U_U. Roger now is a different story he was PK so he was obviously a monsterU_U. And dont come at me with arguments like "Roger said himself he and Garp almost killed each other tons of times in the past";that could mean a lot of things like coming up with tactical strategies to kill one another. Whitebeard was Rogers true rival.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'd say roger was a non-Df user & was a beast in CoC like shanks. Some people think roger used to own the gomu gomu Df but that's pretty lame & stupid since we've seen him with a sword/gun before.

A v i

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
WB and Roger are equals as stated by manga and It was clearly stated that WB was the only dude that can evenly match Roger so I guess it is safe to say that Garp was stronger than/as strong as Roger at some point but later Roger surpassed Garp. So,I would say that Garp is slightly weaker than those two.

About Dragon,I guess he's weaker than Roger and WB & It is possible for him to be as strong as prime Garp or a lil weaker. I consider him to be on the same level as Shanks.

Shanks was fighting Kaido which is why he failed to save Wb's ass.

I'd say roger was a non-Df user & was a beast in CoC like shanks. Some people think roger used to own the gomu gomu Df but that's pretty lame & stupid since we've seen him with a sword/gun before.
I think it was in SBS:
Oda said that GGNM is unique to Luffy so there is no way in hell for anyone besides Luffy to be it's user.

Last edited: