Young Justice Season 3 could still happen????

cryhwks

Veteran
Kin
321💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Of all the shows Netflix could revive for another season, Young Justice season 3 is a definite option. DC’s animated show about a team of teen superheroes premiered in 2010 and got the axe in 2013. The streaming service released the first two seasons on its platform, while hope for a potential season 3 pickup has been kept alive. Amid new rumors that it’s now a done deal, original writer Peter David took to his personal blog to clear things up.

A few days ago, a Reddit user posted about a conversation with David at Connecticut’s TerrificCon Comic-Con. The writer allegedly told the fan that he had a meeting with Netflix about Young Justice season 3. Since then, David took to Twitter to confirm he was misquoted, but he’s keeping fan hopes alive.

He stated that series creator Greg Weisman said that “Netflix is seriously considering ordering a third season because they’re impressed with how much people are watching it.” However, it’s far from a sure thing.

"That’s what I’ve been saying for the past month, countless times, ever since I had lunch with Greg before San Diego. Seems pretty straightforward.

And suddenly I’ve been getting barraged with tweets and emails from fans asking me if it’s true that I’ve had a meeting with Netflix about writing the third season. Why? Because someone asked me the question at the recent Terrificon in Connecticut and, rather than report the answer I’ve given at least a hundred times, he instead provided his own version. I’ve no doubt it was an innocent mistake, but it’s caused a MAJOR headache for me.

Furthermore I’m now worried it could do damage to the cause, because people might think, “We did it! There’s gonna be a third season, done deal!” and then stop watching. Which would then cause Netflix to say, “Hunh, people have stopped watching, guess it was just a passing fad,” and that’s that.
So I will say it once more: It is NOT a done deal. So continue watching Young Justice if you want to have a hope of a third season."

Given Netflix’s array of kid-friendly humor, including Voltron: Legendary Defender, Young Justice season 3 would fit right in. Just keep watching, folks!
This would be awesome.

Reactions: TNC Xlll

cryhwks

Veteran
Kin
321💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That would be awesome but I feel if it would happen it already would have happened. Idk hopefully I'm wrong I would love more YJ especially with the original team.
Well the reason why Netflix is interested in doing it is that it's been off for years and a lot of people are still watching it.

And it's Netflix they basically green light everything anyways and when they know there's already an audience I think that would make them more willing to do it.

Ensifer

Veteran
Kin
145💸
Kumi
412💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I am still baffled to this very day on why Cartoon Network and Warner Bros. went full retard and cancelled both Green Lantern: the Animated Series and Young Justice at the same time when they were white hot, everyone around the world were so mad and confused that day, including the animators that poured their hearts into it.

I know Jim Krieg(creator of Batman and GLTAS) and Giancarlo Volpe took it pretty hard.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well the reason why Netflix is interested in doing it is that it's been off for years and a lot of people are still watching it.

And it's Netflix they basically green light everything anyways and when they know there's already an audience I think that would make them more willing to do it.
I hope you're right, and you are right Netflix does have a good history of reviving shows but if all that were true it likely would have been renewed already. I don't know what more they could want, it's gotten great reviews(as do most DC animation projects) and it seems like a good audience found it but there still seems to be hold up, maybe from the studios or maybe DC themselves or maybe Netflix is still unsure if it should pull the trigger.

DrProof

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I am still baffled to this very day on why Cartoon Network and Warner Bros. went full retard and cancelled both Green Lantern: the Animated Series and Young Justice at the same time when they were white hot, everyone around the world were so mad and confused that day, including the animators that poured their hearts into it.

I know Jim Krieg(creator of Batman and GLTAS) and Giancarlo Volpe took it pretty hard.
Can't forget about CN cancellation of Teen Titans prematurally, people are still petitioning for S6 to this day.

Marin

Veteran
Kin
306💸
Kumi
2,001💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Meh... I lost faith in western animation after getting literally every show I liked either cancelled or trashed. (Still crying about Earth's Mightiest Heroes -.-")

Stick to anime guys and gals.