Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
you can share truth with someone but trying to convince them of something is a waste of time. truth speaks volumes for itself but not everyone is wise enough to recognize truths

but in my experience the truth becomes unavoidable. even then people will be in denial to truths, even on basic everyday levels people are in denial to truths in their life or the world. Tesla use to tell people there were invisible waves in the sky and they thought he was a nut case, now basically everything in our society uses these. but not everyone will always see the truth, theres not really anything you can do about that ive learned, they have to learn how to see it and accept it themselves

Just_Red

Veteran
Kin
1,803💸
Kumi
1,445💴
Trait Points
41⚔️
Awards
In general sense for someone to accept certain truths it's clear evidence and reason not enough do you think element of pandering is needed in conveying certain truths where you relate to what that group cares about let say global warming for example what do you think is needed for people to accept it and treat it seriously?
pandering: gratify or indulge (an immoral or distasteful desire, need, or habit or a person with such a desire, etc.).
Source: google

Truth: the body of real things, events, and facts
Source: merum Webster dictionary

These two are what I'd say are polar opposites, but sometimes can work together depending on what a certain person believes and if his truth panders to that.
Ex: I love Naruto. So if you say that Naruto is one of if not the strongest character in Naruto, that would be the truth, and as just as well panders to my ideals/ beliefs.

To answer your question: I don't think pandering is needed to tell certain groups about the truth. The truth can be mean, and if its mean, the best you can do is just not tell it if you aren't willing to face conflict or backlash. Pandering the truth, I think, will only bend it, and blur it. Which will remove the factual aspect of it. No longer making it the truth. Catch my drift?

Reactions: Sagebee