Morphorous

Kin
809💸
Kumi
21💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The dude has a point, to be honest, in my 34 years of existence, I still can't convince myself that there is no God (as a lot others have said/believed). Though I have not done my prayers for a long time now, I would still give myself a chance to believe in Him any day. I will not dispose of the guy that easily.

brycec

Kin
131💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not a bad video at all. I was kind of worried that he would fall into a logical fallacy that I could easily sniff out, but he sounded reasonable and brought up a good point, especially when he denotes which ideas of god can be disproven.

Before this, the only thing that made sense was that god was a man made construct, which is definitely what the point he tackled suggests.

However, he did not seem to tackle things like paradoxes, which opens a whole other can of worms.

Pulkit singh3

Regular
Kin
965💸
Kumi
369💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You can feel air, you can breathe it but can you see it, No you can't but it does exist. There are gases you can't see but it exist.
Similarly there are instances where people get gut feelings, prophetic
dreams which many times turn out to be the truth. People can get scared out of nowhere their instincts tell them they should be scared.. Why??? there are no explanations but many times people get out of troubles like murder attempts only because of that scary instinct.
All of these natural phenomena's are still unexplained by scientists. This definitely dosen't prove all of these things are because of god but it isn't explained either and as I said there are things that exist but aren't visible as proven by the scientists all around the globe , So we can say as the science progress we might see some more explanations of unnatural phenomena's around us like Hindu calendar, It has been predicting solar eclipse for decades and has more predictions of when solar eclipse would happen for next 100 years, people in India don't even think that how is it possible that the calendar which was made 1000s of years ago can predict solar eclipse of current century they just call it "Ghrehend" and stay at home, how mysterious is that and science is yet to explain that..

So long story short you can't say no extraterritorial being exist unless science explains few of the many points I made here.

Last edited:

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It would be horrible if people were forced to accept that God could not be proven a fantasy.
But it's sad that he is proven a fantasy.
So that begs people to believe different.
Just like nobody wants to be blamed for anything, no matter how much they want to do blameful things.

P3ĮÑ

Immortal
Kin
375💸
Kumi
48💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
My problem with the creator of the video is that he's cherry-picking and using very basic principles to argue something philosophers some of the most renowned ones have discussed for say, idk, thousands of years?

Philosophers throughout history have tried to negate what omnipotence is but it can't truly be negated due to the entire idea its meaning is, in its own nature "infinite". The problem lies you're arguing against "infinity" which is what omnipotence is.

Avicenna proposed one of the most powerful arguments for gods existence known as "proof of the truthful" it's this argument that is constantly being built upon. His argument created a divide between Avveroes who believed gods existence should fit more "Aristotelian" aspects as in proving gods existence via the "natural" world, relative to Avicenna's idea explaining god through metaphysics, the problem again with the former approach is that again, you are negating the concept of infinity that has infinite counters due to its nature itself. Making it endlessly paradoxical to argue.

In simpler terms it would be like a third dimensional being attempting to understand the fourth dimension, it simply cannot be comprehended. It's impossible. It would be like humans expecting ants, or animals in general to understand complex abstractions. Even in mechanical philosophy itself (which paved its way in the scientific revolution), there are limits to human understanding. Noam Chomsky wrote one of the most profound works on it I believe. Age of enlightenment philosophers such as Kant divided the argument into ontological, cosmological or teleological. You cannot debunk all three. It's not that simple. As the argument can be all three in hybrid because omnipotence itself overrules all 3 through it's own nature.

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
My problem with the creator of the video is that he's cherry-picking and using very basic principles to argue something philosophers some of the most renowned ones have discussed for say, idk, thousands of years?

Philosophers throughout history have tried to negate what omnipotence is but it can't truly be negated due to the entire idea its meaning is, in its own nature "infinite". The problem lies you're arguing against "infinity" which is what omnipotence is.

Avicenna proposed one of the most powerful arguments for gods existence known as "proof of the truthful" it's this argument that is constantly being built upon. His argument created a divide between Avveroes who believed gods existence should fit more "Aristotelian" aspects as in proving gods existence via the "natural" world, relative to Avicenna's idea explaining god through metaphysics, the problem again with the former approach is that again, you are negating the concept of infinity that has infinite counters due to its nature itself. Making it endlessly paradoxical to argue.

In simpler terms it would be like a third dimensional being attempting to understand the fourth dimension, it simply cannot be comprehended. It's impossible. It would be like humans expecting ants, or animals in general to understand complex abstractions. Even in mechanical philosophy itself (which paved its way in the scientific revolution), there are limits to human understanding. Noam Chomsky wrote one of the most profound works on it I believe. Age of enlightenment philosophers such as Kant divided the argument into ontological, cosmological or teleological. You cannot debunk all three. It's not that simple. As the argument can be all three in hybrid because omnipotence itself overrules all 3 through it's own nature.
r u a tobidara believer???..

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why do I have to prove God DOES NOT exist? That's crazy. Believers cannot prove to me he is real.

If you can not tell me god is real with all my fives senses: touch, taste, hearing, smell, see, then he ain't real.

• Haha
Reactions: Michelle

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why do I have to prove God DOES NOT exist? That's crazy. Believers cannot prove to me he is real.

If you can not tell me god is real with all my fives senses: touch, taste, hearing, smell, see, then he ain't real.
stop forcing other pipole to be atheists..and stop mock gods and relijionz...iluminati worshiper...

Status
Not open for further replies.