Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I know you don't care much for the philosophical side of Yin-Yang. So I'll focus on the practical NB side of it. Give me some knowledge on what Yin Release is in the context of NB.

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I know you don't care much for the philosophical side of Yin-Yang. So I'll focus on the practical NB side of it. Give me some knowledge on what Yin Release is in the context of NB.
Well, from some techniques on the list we've got changing the properties of elements, creating special and stronger Genjutsu, attacking the spiritual energies of an opponent. Stuff like that. We're talking about Yin, which gives form to nothingness. That's a pretty broad and vague description for a guy like me who's used to "it heals and makes shit stronger."

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well, from some techniques on the list we've got changing the properties of elements, creating special and stronger Genjutsu, attacking the spiritual energies of an opponent. Stuff like that. We're talking about Yin, which gives form to nothingness. That's a pretty broad and vague description for a guy like me who's used to "it heals and makes shit stronger."
It encompasses more than just giving form to the imagination. It really encompasses all things spiritual. So spirits (think Hungry Ghosts, Doki spirits from Tayuya's contract, Hands of Sloth intangibility and spiritual degeneration) can be created through Yin. There are limits to it though, for the sake of not just being a do whatever you want skill. We'll go through those on the actual techniques, starting with the basics.

For a lot of people, this is the hardest technique in Yin to use. At least that's how I see a lot of people talk to me about it. So ask your questions, and explore its possibilities.

(Inton: Ten ni henkō) - Yin Release: Change into Heaven
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra cost: N/A (+50)
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user manipulates a technique of the basic 5 elements with Yin nature, allowing him to change its properties. Fire can become solid. Lightning can become tangible. The possibilities are as endless as is the user’s own imagination. The end resulting technique is neutral to all basic elemental natures. This doesn't consume time since it’s actually a skill applied to a technique used at the same time.
Note: Yin Release masters can apply this technique to advanced fields, CE and advanced elements.
Note: Usable 6 times per battle

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It encompasses more than just giving form to the imagination. It really encompasses all things spiritual. So spirits (think Hungry Ghosts, Doki spirits from Tayuya's contract, Hands of Sloth intangibility and spiritual degeneration) can be created through Yin. There are limits to it though, for the sake of not just being a do whatever you want skill. We'll go through those on the actual techniques, starting with the basics.

For a lot of people, this is the hardest technique in Yin to use. At least that's how I see a lot of people talk to me about it. So ask your questions, and explore its possibilities.

(Inton: Ten ni henkō) - Yin Release: Change into Heaven
Range: Short
Chakra cost: N/A (+50)
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user manipulates a technique of the basic 5 elements with Yin nature, allowing him to change its properties. Fire can become solid. Lightning can become tangible. The possibilities are as endless as is the user’s own imagination. The end resulting technique is neutral to all basic elemental natures. This doesn't consume time since it’s actually a skill applied to a technique used at the same time.
Note: Yin Release masters can apply this technique to advanced fields, CE and advanced elements.
Note: Usable 6 times per battle
Well, the description kind of melts away any suspense. Life is extremely complex, but this has a more... visual appeal to it. From the example of lightning alone a parallel to Zeus and his lightning bolts comes to mind. I'm no physicist, so I'm hardly the person to start listing off exciting properties matter can assume, but even taken at face value that's a strong word. I'm having a hard time visualizing solid air, for example. To take it further, lightning is plasma, so being able to mimic those properties in, well, anything is just completely mind-boggling. Imagine earth simply becoming white-hot energy. The technique doesn't even restrict the user to one property, so you can get just all kinds of crazy. Lightning that flows like water, but is, I don't know, frikkin non-newtonian and just turns solid when you hit it. Fire that crumbles like dirt but still sticks to you like water. Earth that blows and is as light as air, but as hot as lightning. I mean, applied to a technique this becomes just crazy. Imagine air that burns applied to that S-ranked the-wind-blows-really-hard-now-but-it-has-no-damage tech. Water is now plasma, or fire, or both, and now it's actually floating because it's as light as air, but it's also solid to the touch... and Jesus it doesn't even restrict the properties I can change it to. I've been thinking in the five elements but being poisonous is a property. Now the air is poisonous, and also both wet and electric. Air explodes, but instead of like fire combustion it produces an acid that actually freezes and THEN burns whatever it hits. The possibilities are endless.

No, but my question is literally where do we draw the line here because this can get ridiculous and fast at that.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The key limitation to this technique is that you cannot alter something to be completely out of all means to detect it. There must always be a way to figure out that it is there, and then have a way to react to it. Outside of that, you're really afforded vast amounts of freedom. Although I do want to offer a word of warning; be careful altering something so radically that it no longer really reflects what it originally was. The new product becomes neutral to all elements. But if you change earth into energy then it really isn't earth anymore. You technically can do that. But just be wary about how that impacts your move, techniques you use in conjunction with it, etc.

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The key limitation to this technique is that you cannot alter something to be completely out of all means to detect it. There must always be a way to figure out that it is there, and then have a way to react to it. Outside of that, you're really afforded vast amounts of freedom. Although I do want to offer a word of warning; be careful altering something so radically that it no longer really reflects what it originally was. The new product becomes neutral to all elements. But if you change earth into energy then it really isn't earth anymore. You technically can do that. But just be wary about how that impacts your move, techniques you use in conjunction with it, etc.
For sure, I was just shooting the shit, if so to speak. The fact is that this is an extremely useful and versatile technique, and I can appreciate that to the bone.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
For sure, I was just shooting the shit, if so to speak. The fact is that this is an extremely useful and versatile technique, and I can appreciate that to the bone.
Moving forward then!

(Inton: Gogyou Gen) - Yin Release: 5 Elements Illusion
Range: N/A
Chakra Cost: N/A (+50)
Damage: N/A
Description: This technique allows the user to combine their elemental chakra with Yin Release in order to create stronger, more potent genjutsu. When the user casts a genjutsu, rather than using their raw chakra they will use one of the basic elemental natures, thus increasing the potency of the jutsu. The jutsu increases in strength by one rank and due to the massive amount of chakra used, the jutsu can penetrate through any subversive method against genjutsu. By using nature chakra rather than raw chakra, the properties of the genjutsu can change in accordance to that nature and become stronger. For example, using Crushing Snake Constriction with Fire Release chakra would make the snakes appear, feel, and sound as though they were on fire. As well, the technique would follow the rules of elemental genjutsu. The user is free to alter the effects of a genjutsu within reason as long as the primary effects remain the same.
Note: Can only be used 6 times per battle.
Note: Cannot be used on techniques above S-rank.
Note: Yin Release masters can use advanced elements and CE

5 Elements Illusion or 5ELM. Questions on the wording? What do you think about the subversive method clause in there?

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think it's worded dangerously. Any subversive method? Really? Giving it the extra rank and knock-off Kurama properties wasn't enough? By the wording of this technique this would allow me to trap a Rinnegan-wielder in a D-ranked tech. Stupid idea or not tactically I still think that's weird. And it also allows you to alter the 'effects' of the illusion so long as the 'primary effect' remains the same? So, what, if the primary effect is paralysis I can just add pain, blindness and also maybe temporary memory loss or something like that?
Also, how in the world does this work on advanced elements and CE's? Is that just a freebie to use this on basically anything vaguely illusory?
Can't be used on techniques above S-rank is my favorite restriction for a technique this strong. Wew frikkin lad.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think it's worded dangerously. Any subversive method? Really? Giving it the extra rank and knock-off Kurama properties wasn't enough? By the wording of this technique this would allow me to trap a Rinnegan-wielder in a D-ranked tech. Stupid idea or not tactically I still think that's weird. And it also allows you to alter the 'effects' of the illusion so long as the 'primary effect' remains the same? So, what, if the primary effect is paralysis I can just add pain, blindness and also maybe temporary memory loss or something like that?
Also, how in the world does this work on advanced elements and CE's? Is that just a freebie to use this on basically anything vaguely illusory?
Can't be used on techniques above S-rank is my favorite restriction for a technique this strong. Wew frikkin lad.
Okay so let's unpack this. Yes, any passive defense against illusory techniques would be insufficient to defend against this. So that means the victim of the illusion must confront it and use a normal means of releasing it. So this works on Surgebinder's passive, for example. In the case of Rinnegan keep in mind that Rinnegan users are only immune to visual illusions anyway. So this really isn't THAT game breaking for you. The reasoning behind this is that Genjutsu, derived from Yin, is heightened to a vastly superior state when used in conjunction with it; comparable to that of an MS Illusion almost. And yeah, it's

So next question. Yes, the core of the illusion needs to remain the same. The example given is pretty solid. You can change elements surrounding the illusion. So if you use the Illusion that puts the enemy to sleep after two turns (causes them to see feathers), the feathers could appear burning if you added Fire chakra. They could feel hot, cause a burning sensation, etc. Memory loss isn't applicable. Memory loss CAN be done with Yin Release. That is absolutely possible. But it is not possible through this technique.

The CE part refers to using advanced elements for the illusion itself. Using the chakra to create an illusion of that advanced element. For example, if I make an illusion with Mystic Fire chakra then the illusion could have teal fire in it. Unless I totally misunderstood that question. It's 3 AM almost @_@

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Okay so let's unpack this. Yes, any passive defense against illusory techniques would be insufficient to defend against this. So that means the victim of the illusion must confront it and use a normal means of releasing it. So this works on Surgebinder's passive, for example. In the case of Rinnegan keep in mind that Rinnegan users are only immune to visual illusions anyway. So this really isn't THAT game breaking for you. The reasoning behind this is that Genjutsu, derived from Yin, is heightened to a vastly superior state when used in conjunction with it; comparable to that of an MS Illusion almost. And yeah, it's

So next question. Yes, the core of the illusion needs to remain the same. The example given is pretty solid. You can change elements surrounding the illusion. So if you use the Illusion that puts the enemy to sleep after two turns (causes them to see feathers), the feathers could appear burning if you added Fire chakra. They could feel hot, cause a burning sensation, etc. Memory loss isn't applicable. Memory loss CAN be done with Yin Release. That is absolutely possible. But it is not possible through this technique.

The CE part refers to using advanced elements for the illusion itself. Using the chakra to create an illusion of that advanced element. For example, if I make an illusion with Mystic Fire chakra then the illusion could have teal fire in it. Unless I totally misunderstood that question. It's 3 AM almost @_@
If I was Vincent I'd say that I'd make it with Flouride so that everyone just dies.
I would remark, though, that visual Genjutsu encompasses the vast majority of the canon Genjutsus we have. Most illusions are build around a visual core.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
If I was Vincent I'd say that I'd make it with Flouride so that everyone just dies.
I would remark, though, that visual Genjutsu encompasses the vast majority of the canon Genjutsus we have. Most illusions are build around a visual core.
I agree. But here’s the thing. Most people who only access that basic level of genjutsu won’t be able to use this to its most potent level. If it was Lili, or other gen fanatics, they’d be able to get around your visual immunity even without this and still make it extremely annoying.

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I agree. But here’s the thing. Most people who only access that basic level of genjutsu won’t be able to use this to its most potent level. If it was Lili, or other gen fanatics, they’d be able to get around your visual immunity even without this and still make it extremely annoying.
That's why I have my back-up plan; Kai.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
(Inton: Gaki no Jutsu) - Yin Release: Hungry Ghost Technique
Description: Hungry Ghost is a spiritual parasite created through the user’s Yin Release chakra. When using an elemental jutsu, the user will form the ram hand seal to seal the hungry ghost within their technique. Sealing the hungry ghost inside one’s technique happens within the same timeframe as their elemental technique. When the user’s technique clashes with another technique, the parasitic Yin Chakra will eat away at the chakra within the technique, weakening it by one rank. Once the hungry ghost consumes foreign chakra it is released and immediately attaches itself to the source of the foreign chakra (the opponent). From there, the parasite continues to eat away at the enemy’s chakra every time they use techniques (all techniques reduce in rank and power by 1 degree). Once the Hungry Ghost is released, its tether is immediate and cannot be blocked or circumvented by ordinary means. The effects of Hungry Ghost last for 4 turns.
Note: Can only be used 5 times per battle and cannot be used on the same target more than twice.
Note: Surges or Barriers that utilize Yin, Yang, or Yin-Yang chakra can break or prevent the tethering of the Hungry Ghost.
Note: Yin Release master can apply this technique to advanced elements and CE
Note: Hungry Ghost can only be used on S-rank techniques and below.

Crazy technique in how it is triggered on the opponent. The effects itself aren't that insane, but it is very annoying (without YY) to evade. Any thoughts on the specific wording? Do you think this technique can be activated through techniques like Moving Earth Core which can make contact with the opponent instantly?

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
(Inton: Gaki no Jutsu) - Yin Release: Hungry Ghost Technique
Description: Hungry Ghost is a spiritual parasite created through the user’s Yin Release chakra. When using an elemental jutsu, the user will form the ram hand seal to seal the hungry ghost within their technique. Sealing the hungry ghost inside one’s technique happens within the same timeframe as their elemental technique. When the user’s technique clashes with another technique, the parasitic Yin Chakra will eat away at the chakra within the technique, weakening it by one rank. Once the hungry ghost consumes foreign chakra it is released and immediately attaches itself to the source of the foreign chakra (the opponent). From there, the parasite continues to eat away at the enemy’s chakra every time they use techniques (all techniques reduce in rank and power by 1 degree). Once the Hungry Ghost is released, its tether is immediate and cannot be blocked or circumvented by ordinary means. The effects of Hungry Ghost last for 4 turns.
Note: Can only be used 5 times per battle and cannot be used on the same target more than twice.
Note: Surges or Barriers that utilize Yin, Yang, or Yin-Yang chakra can break or prevent the tethering of the Hungry Ghost.
Note: Yin Release master can apply this technique to advanced elements and CE
Note: Hungry Ghost can only be used on S-rank techniques and below.

Crazy technique in how it is triggered on the opponent. The effects itself aren't that insane, but it is very annoying (without YY) to evade. Any thoughts on the specific wording? Do you think this technique can be activated through techniques like Moving Earth Core which can make contact with the opponent instantly?
No, not if it's instant. That would be game-breaking and is thus logically disallowed... right?
But it *can* be used on Earth techniques in general, for instance? The whole vibe and wording of the technique seems to allude to mostly energy-based stuff, but idk. Since it's YY stuff it probably works on everything, provided you have Mastery. But, yeah, hard to evade, plus there's not much about the hungry ghost itself. Can it be physically evaded, can it be seen, interacted with, etc? All that good stuff just seems missing.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
No, not if it's instant. That would be game-breaking and is thus logically disallowed... right?
But it *can* be used on Earth techniques in general, for instance? The whole vibe and wording of the technique seems to allude to mostly energy-based stuff, but idk. Since it's YY stuff it probably works on everything, provided you have Mastery. But, yeah, hard to evade, plus there's not much about the hungry ghost itself. Can it be physically evaded, can it be seen, interacted with, etc? All that good stuff just seems missing.
Yeah, instant techniques like that can't be used with this. So Moving Earth Core and the like are out. Swamp too, depending on how it's used. Earth is a frequent example of this because of the number of techniques that can make instant contact with your opponent.

But yeah, it can be used with any element. And Yin mastery expands that further. And no, it can't be evaded when the tether is established. When it interacts with your chakra, it tethers through that instantly. No, it can't be interacted with either. It's an infusion. It exists within the technique that its infused to.

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeah, instant techniques like that can't be used with this. So Moving Earth Core and the like are out. Swamp too, depending on how it's used. Earth is a frequent example of this because of the number of techniques that can make instant contact with your opponent.

But yeah, it can be used with any element. And Yin mastery expands that further. And no, it can't be evaded when the tether is established. When it interacts with your chakra, it tethers through that instantly. No, it can't be interacted with either. It's an infusion. It exists within the technique that its infused to.
How delightfully vague and OP. I'm sure this'll cause no issues as more people begin to learn YY and its components.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This has been used quite a few times in your absence and honestly hasn't caused any problems. None of the Yin-Yang techniques have, actually.

(Inton: Dai Mugen Ryu) - Yin Release: Great Phantom Dragons
Type: Offensive/Defensive
Range: Short - Long
Chakra Cost: 150
Damage: 100 | 120 (for multi-element)
Description: A more powerful version of “Yin Release Hungry Ghost Technique.” Rather than the user arbitrarily adding their Yin Release chakra to a specific technique, the user will create a number of large, elemental dragons using any of the basic elements plus their Yin Release chakra. The user can create up to 5 serpentine dragons which, once created, can act independently according to the user’s will. Due to the user being able to manipulate multiple elements at once, each dragon created can be of a different nature. Each dragon will also have the absorption properties of “Hungry Ghost,” thus becoming even more dangerous. However, due to the massive amount of chakra and control needed to use these dragons, the user can only control two dragons at any given time. While the dragons are present, the user cannot use any Yang Release or elemental techniques that currently exist within the dragons. Yin Release masters can combine two natures together in order to make a multi-elemental dragon or even a dragon consisting of an advanced element or CE that they know. However, in doing so they will only be able to create two dragons.
Note: Can only be used 2 times per battle.

Recently adjusted to reflect overall damage, rather than damage per dragon. This is one of the two heavy hitters in the Yin canon list. It's very self explanatory, so there isn't a whole lot to digest here. But what do you think about what it means by "you can create up to 5, but you can only control up to two at a time?"

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This has been used quite a few times in your absence and honestly hasn't caused any problems. None of the Yin-Yang techniques have, actually.

(Inton: Dai Mugen Ryu) - Yin Release: Great Phantom Dragons
Type: Offensive/Defensive
Range: Short - Long
Chakra Cost: 150
Damage: 100 | 120 (for multi-element)
Description: A more powerful version of “Yin Release Hungry Ghost Technique.” Rather than the user arbitrarily adding their Yin Release chakra to a specific technique, the user will create a number of large, elemental dragons using any of the basic elements plus their Yin Release chakra. The user can create up to 5 serpentine dragons which, once created, can act independently according to the user’s will. Due to the user being able to manipulate multiple elements at once, each dragon created can be of a different nature. Each dragon will also have the absorption properties of “Hungry Ghost,” thus becoming even more dangerous. However, due to the massive amount of chakra and control needed to use these dragons, the user can only control two dragons at any given time. While the dragons are present, the user cannot use any Yang Release or elemental techniques that currently exist within the dragons. Yin Release masters can combine two natures together in order to make a multi-elemental dragon or even a dragon consisting of an advanced element or CE that they know. However, in doing so they will only be able to create two dragons.
Note: Can only be used 2 times per battle.

Recently adjusted to reflect overall damage, rather than damage per dragon. This is one of the two heavy hitters in the Yin canon list. It's very self explanatory, so there isn't a whole lot to digest here. But what do you think about what it means by "you can create up to 5, but you can only control up to two at a time?"
That's great! It means people have been responsible, even though the technique description, IMO, is open to abuse.
Well, if they act independently and you can only control two... then I guess the other three just screw around? You'd think that since they're not under the control of the user that they wouldn't be useful in combat, but I bet that can be finessed so that the three just 'attack' without any overt control from the user. Believable enough. Either that, or the 3 just kind of sit there until you choose to control those, or lose those you're currently controlling. Idk.
How long do the dragons last? I see no turn duration, or chakra cost per turn.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Treat the remaining three as projectiles, rather than things you're actively manipulating. They last as long as they survive on the battlefield, so like a lot of canon techniques in the elemental fields. There's nothing particularly special about these aside from the fact that they have Hungry Ghost imbued in them.

(Inton: Namakemono no Ude ) Yin Release: Hands of Sloth
Type: Supplementary/Offensive/Defensive
Range: Short – Mid
Chakra Cost: 100 (110 w/ YY: Hands of Sloth) -50 per turn
Damage: 120
Description: This technique gets its name from one of the deadliest sins, sloth. The user begins by clapping their hands and focusing their Yin Release chakra behind them. The user creates several chakra arms (up to 8) behind them which are spiritual in nature. They do not appear to the naked senses, only Sage Mode users, Rinnegan and other Yin-Yang Release users can detect these hands. The best way to describe this technique is in relation to Madara’s Boader Jail technique. The arms are capable of physically interacting with the world and attacking or defending against physical constructs. However, the user can freely turn them completely intangible if they wish to bypass physical obstacles. The base usage of this technique allows the user to attack or defend covertly by freely manipulating the invisible arms. However, in their second form the user can add the “properties of sloth” to the hands which are dejection, idleness, and sleep. Dejection is a loss of will and focus translated in causing a victim to lose coherent perception of the world around them and weaken their ability to defend against genjutsu. Idleness is a loss of action which is translated to a hampered ability to cast techniques. Sleep is a loss of consciousness which is translated in a comatose state brought about by the sealing of one’s spirit if they are not sufficiently healed. The third and final form of this technique is brought about when the user introduces their Yang Release chakra which essentially makes the hands quasi-sentient and self-sufficient without the user’s mental input.
Note: all Yin Release users can use the base form of this technique. Yin Release masters or Yin-Yang users can use the second form. The final form of this technique can only be used by Yin-Yang users with a Yin affinity.
Note: The properties of sloth are spiritually degenerating properties. The more a victim interacts with the hands the worse they become. When touched by the hands once, the victim enters dejection and becomes unable to deduce A-rank and above genjutsu and unable to break S-rank genjutsu by any means. When touched twice the victim enters idleness and they become unable to perform techniques within a single time-frame. When touched thrice, the victim’s mind is sealed over the course of 2 turns and they enter a genjutsu that renders them a mindless puppet to the user. The properties of sloth can only affect victims if the hands are tangible. Switching between tangibility and intangibility requires a move.
Note: Genjutsu specialists and other Yin-Yang users can resist the properties of sloth through the use of counter genjutsu or Yin Release techniques like Yin State.
Note: This technique can be used once per battle. While in use, the user cannot use any non-elemental ninjutsu, Yang Release, or Yin-Yang Release techniques.