Yesterday's Presidential Debate

Yerrina

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Quite surprised to see no one brought this up, but anyway.

We watched the debate in my university's Politics common room, and at the end, we kind of thought Romney was taking the lead, though Obama is still in my eyes the better of these two, given his position on homosexuals and other things that may appeal to the American public, though it depends really on where do the citizens stand but I like to believe they are being more open-minded than ever.I personally believe Romeny's (economic and general) plans and policies were a bit vague; Obama's were a bit more precise.

As a national of a country quite abused by USA, I am looking forward towards the coming foreign policy debate(s).

Your much appreciated views?

And anyone abstaining from voting ?

Mischeif Maker

Banned
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i couldnt care less.....doesnt matter who gets in office everyone is still gonna get screwed bunch ppl running around acting like they care saying what they need to

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,661💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
I only watched some of it because my Government class made me. I don't have much interest in politics since I can't vote anyway.

However, I felt this debate was kinda even. Both had points they got across. Romney seemed better prepared since Obama kinda stuttered sometimes and seemed like his thoughts were escaping him, however, Romney dodged some questions in my eyes.

You'll be surprised at how many people use the general discussion, I know plenty of people who only visite the Chatterbox and General discussion and fair enough I apologize for my rude behavior.
What have you done to the real Wumbo? Give me my friend back!

You'll be surprised at how many people use the general discussion, I know plenty of people who only visite the Chatterbox and General discussion and fair enough I apologize for my rude behavior.
What have you done to the real Wumbo? Give me my friend back!

Last edited by a moderator:

Germanicus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
In what universe did Obama win that debate? He was less articulate and fed little more than, "I know what you're saying about your own campaign; however, despite my own failures to fulfill several of my promises, I know that you are wrong and are actually bad." Romney was more eloquent, he was the more forceful will on the stage, and he just plain has better economic qualifications during current conditions to become president. He has a better business and political background than Obama did when he was elected. Besides, Obama doesn't give two rats backsides about the rights of homosexuals; he's a manipulative career politician who just wants another four years to attempt to screw us over by making government larger and cementing his own position.

Germanicus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So is Romney do you really think he's gonna keep his promises, he's gonna fck up just like Bush, Obamo and basically every president.
You're basically voting for who fcks up the least.
Which in my opinion would be Romney. Thank you for not changing that decision in the least.

peteriscoo

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Im not at all a fan on Romney's energy policy. as a student studying the environment (more specifically energy) this man is going to make it so i dont have an industry to get a job in

'Toxic

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Didn't watch the last 20mins, I didn't have to. Obama took the win in the first 15mins of the debate. Mitt's like obama says "You change your mind about something and say 'nvm'.." He doesn't have solid plans that can work without messing things up.
I could tell Obama wanted to go across to the other side and punch Mitt for saying cr*p like he there.​

Shinobi Train

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
....:confused: Obama didn't say a single thing that showed intelligence above that of a puppet. Might as well have put someone's hand up his butt and made him talk. Romney pwned him from the beginning. Forget his stance on homosexuals, I couldn't give two shits about them, if they want freedom then let them fight their own battle just like everyone else has to.

I didn't watch the entire thing because it was over in the first few minutes. Romney slaughtered him wholesale; after 30 minutes there wasn't much left. If Romney doesn't win this thing, then the voting is rigged; either that or the US population is a lot dumber than I thought. Of course, that Futurama episode is also right. People don't vote for the person that makes sense...that would be the smart thing to do.

Yerrina

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
....:confused: Obama didn't say a single thing that showed intelligence above that of a puppet. Might as well have put someone's hand up his butt and made him talk. Romney pwned him from the beginning. Forget his stance on homosexuals, I couldn't give two shits about them, if they want freedom then let them fight their own battle just like everyone else has to.

I didn't watch the entire thing because it was over in the first few minutes. Romney slaughtered him wholesale; after 30 minutes there wasn't much left. If Romney doesn't win this thing, then the voting is rigged; either that or the US population is a lot dumber than I thought. Of course, that Futurama episode is also right. People don't vote for the person that makes sense...that would be the smart thing to do.
Well, if their foreign affairs policies remain similar to some degree (Though I'm not entirely sure about Iran and Military cuts and so), then Romney likely has better chances.

I expect LGBT supporters who won't bother that much about the Economic policies and will not look deep into it will run after Obama. They are, however, 2-3% of the entire population.

I don't know much about the US citizens mentality; I know idiocy is present but probably not rising, some videos give me hope, but I'm not sure if they have deep insight into matters and do actually bother looking into what the candidates say. Enlightenment is badly needed, that's for sure.

So, nobody abstaining so far ? I asked two American friends and they seemed to have the mentality of "They both suck, but we'll choose the one that sucks the least" Which I see as entirely wrong.

~WastelandSociety~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't care how many die hard democrats are saying Obama won the debate (which isn't true). It's the most thing that's being said through out the U.S that Obama didn't do well.

Like I said on countless of sites:
I found it funny how disconnected Obama was. He doesn't seem to be the same like when he was running for president.Romney made a lot of good points that I (struggling to find a job,etc) like,so Obama better step up otherwise I don't see him winning.

I'm glad people are starting to see that Obama plan isn't working and he isn't for the people,it's a shame people on NB are not seeing that at all U_U

You must be registered for see images

Liberals need a wake up call.

You must be registered for see images

Germanicus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Whatever happens, last presidential election only had around 40% of eligible voters participating in the elections. Vote. (But be a good citizen too; do your homework and research all the issues thoroughly, from reliable sources.)

Reactions: 'Toxic