Legendary
Kin
6,209💸
Kumi
10,911💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The HP thing sounds so big dumb.
I'm guessing you want to know what I know about Y/Y, and specifically Yang.
I don't know much about the concept theory side of things, but I feel like I'm pretty well versed in the RP, but here goes.

Yin-Yang is basically dualism, the idea that everything can be abstracted down to two.
In this case, Yin and Yang represent inverse properties to one another, and through them all of creation can be expressed.
For instance, Yin Darkness and Yang Light, or the dualism of feminine against masculine, and so on.
Although opposites, they co-exist, creating a spectrum. Arguably, one could not exist without the other - the other defines the self and as such there is a certain aspect of interdependence. Most everything in existence will contain traits from both Yin and Yang.
It would be highly unusual (if not outright impossibly) for something naturally occurring to contain only Yin traits, or vice versa.

Therefore while Yin is associated with 'shadow' qualities such as darkness, the spiritual, metaphysical and so on, Yang is the polar opposite.
It is associated with light, vitality, masculinity, heat, the physical and the like.
In the RP, Yang's most predominant abilities revolve around granting something vitality (so sentience, bringing it to life, basically), and increasing the vitality and physicality of what already exists; i.e enhanced Yang State Taijutsu, empowering the physical world - whether it be structures or your body. (hitting harder, increased bodily processes such as healing etc)

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I didn't ask you all that but alright.
_______

A couple of concepts we need to go through for context. RP YY = Naruto YY + Canonical YY. We'll go over each of the base components and how they make up what we have in the RP. This will give you a basis of understanding how the current techniques work and how things should work when you engage and create customs. I don't want you to become a Broly or Rexii...Shade aside

Canonical Yin-Yang

Canonical YY refers to the concepts proposed by Daoism. I'll begin by explaining Daoist theory of creationism and where Yin-Yang falls on that spectrum.

You must be registered to see images

This is the Ming Era Taijitu, You're likely more familiar with the common circle with black and white halves and smaller circles inside. However, this gives a better understanding of creationism imo. Starting from the top (red circle) you have Wuji/Dao which represents nothingness (Wuji meaning "Nothingness/Without Ringpole and Dao meaning "Way"). "Nothing" is the progenitor of all things. If in Judeo-Christian religions they say there was nothing before god, Daoism refers to that nothing as Dao/Wuji. In the Dao-De-Ching (Book of Dao) it says Dao is older than the oldest ancestor (god(s)).

The second circle with the division of black and white and the red circle is Taiji "Supreme Ultimate." It represents the "All things" as they are before the division of Yin and Yang. If Wuji is nothing, Taiji is everything that comes from nothing. Unless you're a Hayabusa, you don't need to focus so much on Wuji and Taiji.

The black and white division within the second circle is, of course, Yin-Yang. The di-pole, female/male, dark/light, etc, etc. They are contained in one another. As you said, they define each other, they cannot exist without each other. Darkness cannot be darkness unless defined with light. We'll get into all the different properties of this after this grand explanation. However, I'm sure you understand the concept.

The 5 smaller circles interconnected with the sixth circle at the bottom represent the 5 elements Wuxing (not the ones you're accustomed to, so don't correlate them). This is the municipality that comprises the ten-thousand things (Daoist notion of everything since 10,000 was the equivalent of infinity). You don't need to worry about that either beyond this understanding.

The last two circles represent Heaven and Earth (first), and The Ten-Thousand things(second). The circle representing Heaven and Earth is also commonly associated with the Bagua (Eight Trigrams - I know you're familiar). We will talk more in depth about the Bagua later. The final circle is just to represent all life, all matter, everything that comes as a result of Heaven and Earth and all the previous steps.

In Chapter 42 of the Dao De Jing, the first half of the chapter explains all this:

Dao gives birth to one, one gives birth to two, two gives birth to three, three gives birth to the ten-thousand things. All things carry yin and embrace yang.

My Interpretation (slightly different from most scholars)
Dao = Wuji
One = Taiji
Two = Yin-Yang
Three = Five Elements
Ten-Thousand Things = Everything else

Below is another version of the Taijitu. Instead of the traditional circle with black and white halves and with smaller circles, you see the two halves circling around a blank circle. The blank circle represents Wuji where all things come from.

The reason I emphasize any of this is because even Wuji and Taiji come into play with the Naruto version of YY to a degree.

You must be registered to see images

Any questions before we move onto the Bagua?

System001

Legendary
Kin
6,209💸
Kumi
10,911💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The only question is how does three = five? Actually wait, I think I got it. 2 gives birth to three doesn't mean 2 parts give birth to three, but rather each of two parts give birth to three, which would be six, so like the six circles above?
Outside of that, nope

Last edited:

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Think of them as steps rather than fitting into the convention of each number equating each other. It goes Nothing, 1, 2, 3 but the progression in the Taijitu shows one, two, five, ten-thousand. It's more of the progression of how things happened.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There's also another interpretation from other scholars, which I said. The other interpretation identifies

One to Two: Wuji to Taiji, which contains Yin-Yang. In this case, Yin and Yang is identified but not yet isolated from all things.

Two to Three: Yang and Yin, Heaven and Earth are two entities, yet there is another entity between them "Ren" which is life. So that represents three Tien, Kun, and Ren. Yin and Yang together create life (we know this as the concept of ninjutsu combining both properties). In context of internal alchemy (Chinese alchemy) which is what the Hayabusa this could also refer to the three treasures; Jing, Qi, and Shen (essence, vitality, and spirit).

And in any of these situations; Heaven, Earth, and Life; Essence, Energy, Spirit, that is the basis of all things thus, the ten thousand things. However, this doesn't account for the five elements in the first Taijitu. My interpretation follows the first Taijitu diagram I showed.

If you want to think of it this way (using my interpretation) Yin, Yang and the Five elements (the elements being one entity) is the three and those combined create all things.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Next we're going to talk about the Bagua. You should be familiar with this if you paid attention to anything related to Neji or the Hyuuga clan. One version of the Bagua appears when they use their signature techniques. However we won't go into all that.

Regarding where this falls on the YY canon, it's a slightly different story than the one I told before. Dao (or Wuji) produces Taiji, which produces Yin and Yang. Up to that point, we're on the same page as the previous story. Now, from the two components, we create four phenomena known as greater Yin, lesser Yin, greater Yang, and lesser Yang. The four phenomena produce the 8 trigrams and from the trigrams we get the 64 hexegrams. Here's a visual representation:
You must be registered for see images

Here we only see the 8 Trigrams, which is all we care about since that's what makes up the Bagua. The solid line represents Yang and the broken line represents Yin. Greater and Lesser Yin and Yang are combinations of Yin and Yang together. Greater Yin consists of two parts Yin and visa versa for Yang. Lesser Yin and Yang are composed of one part of each with the primary nature being the bottom. Lesser Yin shows a broken line on the bottom while Lesser Yang shows a solid line at the bottom. The Trigrams simply add one more component to each of the Greater or Lesser Yin and Yang.

Qian - is three parts Yang consisting of Greater Yang + Yang (yang nature)
Kun - is three parts Yin consisting of Greater Yin + Yin (yin nature)

Qian and Kun are thus, Heaven and Earth Respectively.

The Hexagrams (less significant) are simply Trigrams placed on top of each other (six bars, hence the name hex). Example would be Heaven + Earth and Earth + Heaven. They are the two trigrams with one on top and the other on bottom. They represent two completely different entities even though they consist of the same components.

Why are these important? Because the Bagua gives us an 8 figured diagram that helps identify more components of Yin and Yang that went into the creation of the current RP version of Yin and Yang. So, before I tell you what each of these trigrams mean (and don't worry, I promise this is the third to last non-technique related post from me in this training unless you actually want more depth in your training). I want you to divide the other six trigrams into their subsequent "base" natures (either Yin or Yang) and tell me if they consist of greater or lesser Yin/Yang. Example

Kun is Yin based and consists of Greater Yin

Qian is Yang based and consists of Greater Yang.

System001

Legendary
Kin
6,209💸
Kumi
10,911💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Dui = Greater Yang
Li = Lesser Yang
Zhen = Lesser Yang
Xun = Lesser Yin
Kan = Lesser Yin
Gen = Greater Yin

Question, do any of the other Bagua represent fields in RP/Canon?
Also, I'd like more theory, it's rather interesting, but if I could also learn a technique with each theory post (so at least I feel like my 25k Kumi investment is giving me pewpewpower) then it'd be much appreciated.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Like I said, only fina waste your time for two more posts.

Now, as for what each of the Bagua means, this relates back to the five elements. In the Chinese philosophies like Dao and Zen they use the five elements as well, however, they're slightly different than the Five Elements of the Narutoverse. You can see that here:

You must be registered for see images

Instead of Wind and Lightning we have Metal and Wood. However the elemental interactions are the same. If you follow the red arrows "This element is strong against..." then we see that

Fire > Metal
Water > Fire
Earth > Water
Wood > Earth
Metal > Wood

And if you replace Metal with Wind and Wood with Lightning, that makes up our board of elemental interactions. Each Bagua relates to one of these five elements in some way;

Qian - Metal
Dui - Metal
Li - Fire
Zhen - Wood
Xun - Wood
Kan - Water
Gen - Earth
Kun - Earth

Now, don't take this to mean the exact same as our elemental natures so to say Metal and Wood are necessarily Yang by description. In fact the nature and elements don't mean the same in Dao. Elements refer to the actual elements of the earth (metals, wood, fire, etc) where as nature refers to more of a property like person's nature so to speak. The point to take away from here is; the Bagua possess natures and elements that you can use to relate to the elements (RP elements) if you do it right. That's what I'll explain in the next post in the RP context of how Yin and Yang work. However, I'll be focusing on Yang primarily for you.

There are a slew of other properties that Yin and Yang possess in the canon that I recommend you looking at in your free time for custom ideas.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Aight ionno what the **** Reborn was talking about so we gonna start from scratch. Yang is considered the physical half of chakra. Vitality, life, the power of the body all fall under the broad category of Yang-based energy. Whereas Yin captures the spiritual side and the creation of form, Yang is focused on breathing that vitality into form in order to produce life. As a result, Yang Release can be used to empower yourself, heal your body, and bring things to life.

Any questions?

System001

Legendary
Kin
6,209💸
Kumi
10,911💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Aight ionno what the **** Reborn was talking about so we gonna start from scratch. Yang is considered the physical half of chakra. Vitality, life, the power of the body all fall under the broad category of Yang-based energy. Whereas Yin captures the spiritual side and the creation of form, Yang is focused on breathing that vitality into form in order to produce life. As a result, Yang Release can be used to empower yourself, heal your body, and bring things to life.

Any questions?
0 questions homie

Shady Doctor

Legendary
Kin
1,504💸
Kumi
20,401💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Now for the techniques.

(Yoton: Jigoku ni henkō) - Yang Release: Change into Hell
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra cost: N/A (+50, -10 per turn)
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user is able to use his Yang nature to embue life into an elemental technique, creating a Yang/Element sentient entity that will stay on the field to aid him. The only limit is the size of the technique originally used as an elemental source as the resulting entity will always be half the size. This entity can be interacted with, can act on its own and is made of the element sourced, with all its properties intact. Its strength is based on the original elemental technique used as a source. This doesn't consume time since its actually a skill applied to a technique used at the same time.
Note: Usable 3 times per battle and up to 6 times per event to create one entity with up to 300 chakra points that is able to use jutsu from the source it was created from.
Note: Yang Release masters can apply this technique to advanced fields and CE and advanced elements.

The first ability you learn is to imbue life into elemental techniques. Knowing that one of the main virtues of yang is to give life, you are able to do that on a small to large scale depending in the elemental technique you are endowing.

Now tell me the limitations of the technique

Reactions: System001

System001

Legendary
Kin
6,209💸
Kumi
10,911💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Now for the techniques.

(Yoton: Jigoku ni henkō) - Yang Release: Change into Hell
Chakra cost: N/A (+50, -10 per turn)
Description: The user is able to use his Yang nature to embue life into an elemental technique, creating a Yang/Element sentient entity that will stay on the field to aid him. The only limit is the size of the technique originally used as an elemental source as the resulting entity will always be half the size. This entity can be interacted with, can act on its own and is made of the element sourced, with all its properties intact. Its strength is based on the original elemental technique used as a source. This doesn't consume time since its actually a skill applied to a technique used at the same time.
Note: Usable 3 times per battle and up to 6 times per event to create one entity with up to 300 chakra points that is able to use jutsu from the source it was created from.
Note: Yang Release masters can apply this technique to advanced fields and CE and advanced elements.

The first ability you learn is to imbue life into elemental techniques. Knowing that one of the main virtues of yang is to give life, you are able to do that on a small to large scale depending in the elemental technique you are endowing.

Now tell me the limitations of the technique
Change Into Hell basically lets you bring a technique to life by infusing it with vitality. It doesn't really have a limit, aside from those relating to size and so forth, where it will reduce the dimensions of whatever is animated. The fact that Yang Masters can apply it to advanced fields means that you can even go so far as to animate MS techniques, and so on forth. Pretty crazy technique, and a pillar that sets the tone for tier 5 in general.

Reactions: Shady Doctor

Shady Doctor

Legendary
Kin
1,504💸
Kumi
20,401💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Ohhhohohohoho my knowledgeable student!!!!

What are some downsides to change of hell? Ima post the next 2, assuming you'll give decent downsides you can see above.

(Yoton: Taiyōnomegumi) - Yang Release: Touch of the Sun
Chakra cost:70 per use
Description: Through the infusion of Yang natured chakra into others, users can heal others to their original best physical form. It can be used to regrow missing body parts, heal wounds, purge poisons, etc. The target needs to be alive and the bigger the injury, the longer it takes to heal. The limits of the heal, however, are almost none as it can heal 150 damage per turn and can even heal the chakra system or other injuries that are otherwise not possible to be healed. The technique requires time and physical contact and as such isn't very suited to use in a battle when compared to regular Iryo Ninjutsu.
Note: Yang Release masters are able to use on themselves.

Epitome of healing. Good to use after someone like riker or sumn picks on you. Not really "usable" in mid battle. But I'm sure you could find the time to heal if you're solid enough.

(Yoton: Ken'i) - Yang Release: Power of The Sun
Chakra cost: 100 (50 per turn)
Damage points: N/A (+40 to Taijutsu)
Description: The user will reinforce his own body with Yang natured chakra, empowering his physical abilities to the outermost limits. This allows him to become physically very strong (beyond the normal levels of chakra enhanced strength), increases his resistance to physical damage (decreasing 60 damage from any physical contact), his speed (boosted to 3.5x his normal speed), and grants him a passive healing of all minor wounds at 30 damage per turn. However, by infusing himself with the Yang Nature, he becomes unable to use Yin Release techniques or Yin/Yang Release techniques; he cannot use Genjutsu or non elemental Ninjutsu of any kind (including special fields like Fuuinjutsu).
Note: Can only be used twice per battle and lasts 4 turns per use.

Makes you big n stronk n fast n intense healing. You'll be the one picking on folks!!!

Give me pros and cons for these 2 plz!

System001

Legendary
Kin
6,209💸
Kumi
10,911💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ohhhohohohoho my knowledgeable student!!!!

What are some downsides to change of hell? Ima post the next 2, assuming you'll give decent downsides you can see above.

(Yoton: Taiyōnomegumi) - Yang Release: Touch of the Sun
Chakra cost:70 per use
Description: Through the infusion of Yang natured chakra into others, users can heal others to their original best physical form. It can be used to regrow missing body parts, heal wounds, purge poisons, etc. The target needs to be alive and the bigger the injury, the longer it takes to heal. The limits of the heal, however, are almost none as it can heal 150 damage per turn and can even heal the chakra system or other injuries that are otherwise not possible to be healed. The technique requires time and physical contact and as such isn't very suited to use in a battle when compared to regular Iryo Ninjutsu.
Note: Yang Release masters are able to use on themselves.

Epitome of healing. Good to use after someone like riker or sumn picks on you. Not really "usable" in mid battle. But I'm sure you could find the time to heal if you're solid enough.

(Yoton: Ken'i) - Yang Release: Power of The Sun
Chakra cost: 100 (50 per turn)
Damage points: N/A (+40 to Taijutsu)
Description: The user will reinforce his own body with Yang natured chakra, empowering his physical abilities to the outermost limits. This allows him to become physically very strong (beyond the normal levels of chakra enhanced strength), increases his resistance to physical damage (decreasing 60 damage from any physical contact), his speed (boosted to 3.5x his normal speed), and grants him a passive healing of all minor wounds at 30 damage per turn. However, by infusing himself with the Yang Nature, he becomes unable to use Yin Release techniques or Yin/Yang Release techniques; he cannot use Genjutsu or non elemental Ninjutsu of any kind (including special fields like Fuuinjutsu).
Note: Can only be used twice per battle and lasts 4 turns per use.

Makes you big n stronk n fast n intense healing. You'll be the one picking on folks!!!

Give me pros and cons for these 2 plz!

Change into hell halves the size of whatever elemental technique you used for a source, and it also has a pretty chakra cost. :()

Touch of the sun:

pros; can basically heal you to full health
can even regrow missing limbs

cons: takes a while to use. Not much is specified in the technique tho because a turn, highkey, isn't that much of a limit. Basically if you can survive without attacking for one move you get almost all ur health back? Wild. Unfortunately u gotta be a yang master for self-use

powa of the sun:

EIG Light
3.5x speed and +40 damage, plus 60 damage reduction and 30 healing. Oh boyo.
Big damages for small cost - no physical drawbacks.

cons:
restricted to elemental techs + yang (only while in use I assume, not permanantly?)
can only use on urself. doggos pls.

Shady Doctor

Legendary
Kin
1,504💸
Kumi
20,401💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Them gaining sentience makes the techs a target for mental techs also. Like gen and shit.

1) yes if you get the technique off for a full turn you'll be back to perfect health.

2) not a permanent drawback at all lol

Yoton: Yamata no Orochi) Yang Release: 8 Branched Giant Snake
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra Cost: 100/110 for Yin-Yang chakra
Damage: 100/120 w/ Elemental or Yin-Yang chakra
Description: This technique sees the creation of the mythical serpent, the Yamata no Orochi. The user begins by gathering their Yang chakra into their arms and creating three branching streams of white chakra from each of them as well as coating both arms in chakra. The user’s arms and streams of chakra will take the form of serpents with flaming amber eyes. Due to the nature of this technique utilizing one’s Yang chakra, these serpents are not simple manifestations of chakra, but actual sentient creatures. The serpents can sense entities like ordinary snakes and they share a telepathic link to the user, allowing them to communicate with each other. They act like chakra arms and can be used for a variety of purposes. In the base form of this technique, the 8 branches are simple ethereal constructs of sentient Yang chakra. In their second form, users can add nature release to the branches to increase their power. In their third and final form, the user can add Yin Release chakra and give the branches physical bodies. The addition of the Yin Release also gives the branches unique venom which drains the physical vitality of the victim. The bite from each snake lowers a victim’s physical speed, reaction, and ability to use high ranked physical techniques.
Note: Form 1 is capable by all users of Yang Release, Form 2 is capable of Yang Release masters and Yin-Yang users. Form 3, also known as Yin-Yang Release: Yamata no Orochi is only capable of Yin-Yang Users with an affinity to Yang Release.
Note: The vitality degenerating venom is capable by all branches of this technique, however there is only enough for 3 usages. The vitality degeneration venom becomes worse with every bite. If a victim is bitten once their base reaction/tracking is reduced by half, twice and their base speed and physical damage is reduced by half, and thrice they will lose the ability to use any form of tai or kenjutsu techniques and will be rendered completely paralyzed 2 turns after the third bite if not healed. The victim will be unable to do anything short of breathing, including using their chakra. Users bitten once also become incapable of using physical elevating techniques such as Sage Mode or EIG.
Note: Medical ninja or other Yang Release users can rid themselves of the poison through means of medical techniques or vitality boosting techniques such as power of the sun.
Note: Technique can only be used once per battle and requires 50 chakra points to maintain (60 above the first form). While this technique is in use, the user cannot use any non-elemental ninjutsu, Yin Release, or Yin-Yang techniques (other than this technique’s advanced variation).