Wuthering heights!! Catherine Earnshaw and Heathcliff!!!

UCHIHAKUNOICHI

Veteran
Kin
324💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Emily Bronte did a good job on Wuthering Heights. It's a transcedental work. It explains not only how and why soulmates should be together. It goes absolutely beyond that. It says that even if the world says that you are from a lower class (Heathcliff's case) and why you should your spirit roam free in despite of social prejudices (Cathy's case).

It's an action book too if you look from other angle: Hindley and Heathcliff relationship since when Mr. Earnshaw brought him to the family. When Edgar and Heathcliff fight each other to not loose properties AND my favorite: The book is almost a Ghost one! But a different one: you don't know if it was real or not!!!

You must be registered for see images

Now let's go for the reasons why the ship is more awesome than others:

• Heathcliff and Catherine were best friends and pals since childhood and with their unity they made harsh Victorian era seem like a joke
  • Even if Catherine married Edgar Linton, she said herself it was because she wanted to free Heathcliff from her older brother's injustices and Heathcliff fought solely for her in the harsh Victorian Era, obtaining power and fortune.
  • Everytime they get separeted, they see each other's ghosts

• It's end game because even in death they are reunited.

Now let me stop, and let themselves explain why their ship is the one of the best:

I don't particulary like to defend ships, romance and stuff - but it sure beats Sasusaku, Naruhina and all anime ships. But this was something else that I wanted to share. Because I've never seen a book this good that could conciliate love, tragedy, childhood traumas, fights, heritage in such realistic way.

You go Emily Bronte!!!

Last edited:

Callypigia

Veteran
Kin
88💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Interesting thread. I took me a minute to figure out what "ships" were. Heathcliff was a terrible person. If you like Victoria era writing you should check out Jane Austin (technically Regency period)...her books have some good "ships."

Reactions: UCHIHAKUNOICHI

UCHIHAKUNOICHI

Veteran
Kin
324💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Interesting thread. I took me a minute to figure out what "ships" were. Heathcliff was a terrible person. If you like Victoria era writing you should check out Jane Austin (technically Regency period)...her books have some good "ships."
Thanks!
Jane Austen sure is a genious, but she lacks something in her books: character tridimensional setting. I read Pride and Prejudice. Yes, Mr. Darcy sure is a better person than Heathcliff. But he and his pairing Miss Elizabeth Bennet lack reality emotions. The critics always condemn Jane Auster for exactly this.
What I'm trying to explain about how Emily Bronte's characters could be better than Jane's could be explained through Mr. Darcy proclamation of love:

Last edited:

UCHIHAKUNOICHI

Veteran
Kin
324💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You advocate for Heathcliff? For real?
I second Callypigia. There are much better books than that if you are looking for love stories.
No! XD

I didn't mean to advocate him, sorry if it made that impression. It could be said that I was only defending the ship and book as a whole, not Cathy and Heathcliff's actions, since even in the book it was mentioned that both could not find heaven. It was an amazing connection if you think that even in death they remained together, considering the realistic set they were put in.

The aesthetic is awesome too!

[video=youtube;-1pMMIe4hb4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1pMMIe4hb4[/video]
Kate Bush is an awesome Cathy :score:

But tell me! What are your recomendations on books?:bouncy:

Last edited: