Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
On his way back to the village after training Corvo, Reborn passed by the site where he left Killua and Mugetsu. He saw their training progressing slowly but surely. He didn't interrupt them as he continued on his way.

When he got closer to the village, the presence of one of the other members in his clan caught his attention in particular. It was that of one of his cousins, specifically the son of his uncle Katakuri, Drayce.

"Hmmm, time to kill and frustration to vent...yeah, he'll be perfect." Reborn said as he made his way to the Hayabusa dojo to meet his little cousin.

"Hey D, how's it going?!" Reborn said in a jovial tone to mask his sadism.

Yuse

Elite
Kin
53💸
Kumi
2,728💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
Awards
"Hey D, how's it going?!" Reborn said as he walked into the dojo addressing Drayce.

Putting his hand at the back of his head, Drayce let out a sigh

"Ay Reborn, you know how it is nothing really happens in the village. I've been reading up on our clan, it amazes me you were able to become clan head so young. Where did you find the time and more importantly the resolve to do all that training? It seems like a drag, laying down and watching the clouds seems far more relaxing.

Last edited:

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Hey D, how's it going?!" Reborn said as he walked into the dojo addressing Drayce.

Putting his hand at the back of his head, Drayce let out a sigh

"Ay Reborn, you know how it is nothing really happens in the village. I've been reading up on our clan, it amazes me you were able to become clan head so young. Where did you find the time and more importantly the resolve to do all that training? It seems like a drag, laying down and watching the clouds seems far more relaxing.
Reborn went to the front of the room, past his cousin and sat in front of the alter.

"When you're forced and bound in the village with nothing else to do. Might as well put in the effort right? Thankfully I wasn't terrible so my growth was adequate for a future leader."

Reborn motioned for his cousin to sit in front of him. "Enough about that though. You said you were reading up about the clan. Guess this is as good a time as any to get you caught up on your training. Don't screw up and you might even pass your dad."

"We have three innate [passive] abilities. Which of refers to our omniscient knowledge of our being?"

Pekoms

Elite
Kin
53💸
Kumi
27,056💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
"The answer is Taijin," says Katakuri while entering the room. He nods to his dear nephew, a small gesture of deference, then takes a few long strides that bring him right next to his son. "Even if a portion of our existence were to be separated from us, yet still existed, we'd be able to tell precisely where it's to be found. And this process is due to us being aware of the physical essence, vital energy, and spirituality of our own being. Very useful."

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"It's nice to see you uncle, but you could've let D answer it." Reborn responded to his uncle. "I take it your being here means you want to finish your training."

Reborn pondered for a moment, "You have the basics down already, not so sure about D here. Would kind of difficult to try and have you both keep the same pace...let's try it this way."

Reborn had the father and son face one another and clapped his hands. "I'm going to give you both the same questions. Uncle, since you're already a chunin, you should easily be able to answer these questions. D, you're a still a genin and a little slow, so you're probably going to need help.

Uncle, you're going to read the questions first and develop an understanding of the concepts revolving around them. You are then going to explain the concepts without revealing what the questions are or their answers. I'll then ask D the questions and he'll use what you just explained to him to give the answers. So I'm going to be evaluating how well uncle can clearly explain things and how D can interpret them and give an answer, sound like a plan?"

Pekoms

Elite
Kin
53💸
Kumi
27,056💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Don't refer to the CC submission unless told to from here on out.​

"Sure," says Katakuri as he skims the questions and tenets outlined by his little nephew. "Alright, we'll begin our discourse with the topic of Wujin. As a Hayabusa concept, it involves two processes that go hand in hand. As you already know, our bloodline has an idiosyncratic trait in that what does exist and doesn't exist is not set in stone, but rather fluid. We owe it all to our Chakra no Ryujin (Chakra of the Dragon); it manifests as our chakra centers, the three Dantian, which are specifically upper, middle, and lower. By harnessing these, our clan is able to erase perception of ourselves beyond the five senses. And with time and skill, even those basic senses we take for granted won't be able to perceive us. Questions?"

Last edited:

Yuse

Elite
Kin
53💸
Kumi
2,728💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
Awards
Don't refer to the CC submission unless told to from here on out.​

"Sure," says Katakuri as he skims the questions and tenets outlined by his little nephew. "Alright, we'll begin our discourse with the topic of Wujin. As a Hayabusa concept, it involves two processes that go hand in hand. As you already know, our bloodline has an idiosyncratic trait in that what does exist and doesn't exist is not set in stone, but rather fluid. We owe it all to our Chakra no Ryujin (Chakra of the Dragon); it manifests as our chakra centers, the three Dantian, which are specifically upper, middle, and lower. By harnessing these, our clan is able to erase perception of ourselves beyond the five senses. And with time and skill, even those basic senses we take for granted won't be able to perceive us. Questions?"

In what seems to be a some what annoyed tone. " I know you're my old man but come on I'm not some little kid. So don't baby me with this basic knowledge. Even that little bastard Killua is ahead of me. No questions let's get into the real stuff pops"

Last edited:

Pekoms

Elite
Kin
53💸
Kumi
27,056💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
"Enough, boy. The urgency, that childish insecurity of yours, belies the words spoken just now. If you truly want to concern yourself with what others are doing or have done, then I implore you to take a moment out to recall what you and I have been tasked with.. and by whom," says Katakuri, his tone stern with reproach. "Now then, let's move on to our next topic, which will be Taijin. Since this seems to be beneath you, why don't you start by telling me what you know?"

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We gonna ignore Yusei till he get his stuff together.

I don't actually recall if you ever began learning any of Wuji Dao or any of the techniques for that matter. So I'm going to give you the option to learn any of the following techniques first:

Taiji Dao

Wuji Dao

Hayabusa Kobudo

Yuse

Elite
Kin
53💸
Kumi
2,728💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
Awards
"Enough, boy. The urgency, that childish insecurity of yours, belies the words spoken just now. If you truly want to concern yourself with what others are doing or have done, then I implore you to take a moment out to recall what you and I have been tasked with.. and by whom," says Katakuri, his tone stern with reproach. "Now then, let's move on to our next topic, which will be Taijin. Since this seems to be beneath you, why don't you start by telling me what you know?"
" Ugh, why do you have to be such a difficult old man. What is Taijin? Well in simplest terms its basically a passive ability of our clan that essentially allows us to have complete awareness of our existence in every way. Once I first learned of it I thought it to be limited to our body but after a few sessions with Mugetsu and Killua I learned that the extent of the awareness is far greater. While we are indeed aware of everything that happens to or within our body be it physical or spiritual.We are also aware of everything from our body to the point that if we were to lose a drop of blood in a fight. We would know where the drop of blood was, its size, and if something was in physical contact with it. "

Last edited:

Pekoms

Elite
Kin
53💸
Kumi
27,056💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
"A fairly selfish take on Taijin, I'd say. After all, this passive trait also enables us to be better aware of our kin too. Of course, neglecting to speak of it could be attributed to your own paltry rank in the clan, which means there's no hiding from those of the higher echelons and not vice versa. In any case, let's move on to a brief dialogue about our heightened spirituality."

The things to keep in mind are as follow:

Passive: damage reduction
Passive: status affect tolerance
Active: complete immunity​

"Tell me, what do you know of this? It's okay to be unsure about one or more bits so long as you answer from memory."

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright, so I forgot what you said you wanted to learn first, so we're going to start with Taiji Dao Pekoms.

I want you to take a look from that post onwards and get familiar with the jutsu. Once you've read it I'll give you some general use questions. For your rank up to Hayabusa jounin, I need you to get to S-class and I need to see at least 2 fights of your Hayabusa. With your current status, you can only use A-rank jutsu. For this technique, jounin gain S-class capabilities so I will need you to be at at minimum of S-class in proficiency for fighting. If you need fights, I will even fight you for the rank ups.

(Neidan: Taij Dao ) Internal Alchemey: Way of the Supreme
Type: Supplementary/Offensive/Defensive
Range: Short - Long
Chakra Cost: 10 - 60
Damage:
Description: Taiji Dao is the sister technique to Wuji Dao and its polar opposite. Where the latter returns existence to nothigness, Taiji Dao brings existence from nothingness. Fundamentally, the user creates physical, vital, and/or spiritual entities through the use of their Dantian. The user is also capable of returning enties they've erased with Wuji Dao back into existence in the condition they were erased. The constructs and creations that a user can conjure are limited to their imagination. These constructs, if appropriate, are capable of using Neidan techniques that coincide with the dantian used to create them (e.g physical constructs can use techniques with the lower dantian) ( the entities can, not constructs ). Like other techniques that possess the Chakra of the Dragon, the user is capable of keeping track of anything created with this technique via their Taijin ability. The basic application of this technique sees the use of one of the three dantian to create an entity. However, advanced users are capable of combining two or all three dantian to create entities with qualities of multiple dantian. Combining all three of the dantian is the equivalent to creating a sentient familiar. This technique is learned at genin rank and requires 5 hand signs for external uses. Each rank reduces the requirements for hand signs by 2. The upper echleon (Dragon, Head, Master) may use this technique B-rank and below without hand signs.

Lower Dantian: This application sees the creation of physical entities from Wuji (Nothingness). Entities created with this dantian may possess properties of any material state of matter (solids and liquids primarily) and can be created internal or external of the Hayabusa. Hayabusa are also capable of replacing or adding body parts to themselves (or others through direct contact A-rank usage) such as lost or additional limbs, appendages, or wings. Those with medical knowledge can even replace vital organs, tissues, and cells. The limitations of this technique are that: entities created must be 5 meters away from adversaries unless the user is within close range. Entities such as poisons, diseases, or composites of actual elemental natures cannot be created. Familiars created with this dantian alone are non-sentient. All created constructs possess a black reptilian scale like aesthetic pattern, representing Sokotsu.

Middle Dantian: This application sees the creation of vital/etheral entities from Wuji. Entities created with this dantian possess plasma like forms similar to lightning and fire and appear as translucent black energy. The versatility of this application is less than the lower dantian's application as it possesses no such maluable ability to be formed into multiple different states of matter. Entities created with this application is incredibly high energy giving them the capability to burn on touch or even ignite objects and beings within close proximity (ignition at A-rank and above must be within 2 meters of the entity). The user is immune to their own energy's burning effects. Like the previous application, familiars created with this dantian alone are non-sentient. Entities cannot be created within 5 meters of adversaries unless close range is already established between the user and opponent(s).

Upper Dantian: This application sees the creation of spiritual entities from Wuji. This application allows the user to create a seperate sentience within themselves, or others. This spiritual creation may appear however the user deems fit as it is only a mental representation of the consciousness. Unless created within the consciousness of another, these spiritual beings are only concievable, and communicable to the Hayabusa who created it. Unlike the previous two applications, the user may create this spiritual sentience within another as long as they are within appropriate range. However, their only function is to prevent opponents from using mental/spiritual techniques of certain levels (B-rank prevents enemies from using S-rank and above spiritual/mental techniques. Every rank above that decreases the enemy's use by 1-rank). If created inside the user, the entity acts as a partner capable of using upper dantian techniques without the need for the user's input and is unaffected by spiritual/mental techniques directed at the user. Likewise it can block spiritual techniques on the user's behalf as well (A-rank and below starting at B-rank creations and increasing by 1 rank for every rank above B). This application requires one to be chunin rank and is B-rank at minimum. B and A-rank uses require the user to be within mid-range to use against targets. S-rank requires short range and Forbidden rank requires direct physical contact.

Multi-Dantian: This sees the application of more than one of the dantian being used in one specific use. There are only 3 combinations that may arise from this; lower+upper, middle+upper, and all three combined. The former two applications are a minimum of A-rank. Creating an entity with all 3 dantian is S-rank at minimum and acts as an entirely independent existence.

Note: Genin may use this technique up to C-rank every two turns. Chunin may use this every other turn up to B-rank. Jounin may use this technique up to S-rank (A-rank for upper dantian), however S-rank usage requires a one turn cool down before re-use. Jounin are also capable of using Multi-Dantian.
Note: Dragon/Head Ninja/Master Ninja may use this technique up to Forbidden Rank but only Masters can use Forbidden Rank multi-dantian.
Note: Forbidden usage of any kind can only be used twice per battle and renders the user incapable of using any Neidan technique for two turns after use.
Note: All applications and familiars may be maintained with additional chakra per turn B-rank and below -5 chakra, A to S -10, -15 for Forbidden.
Note: Familiars consisting of multiple dantian last 4 turns if they are A-rank and 3 S-rank and above. However, only one multi-dantian familiar may exist at any given time from the user.

Xylon

Legendary
Kin
352💸
Kumi
268💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Attesting that Drayce has completed training as well as passed knowledge test for Wujin, Taijin, and enhanced spirituality passive(s)/active(s) as well stealth active technique, as listed in Clan submission. He proceeds for Wuji Dao and is capable of using his abilities up to current rank within restrictions.