[NEWS] Wuhan Coronavirus

What do you think?

• The virus is probably from the Wuhan food market

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • The virus is more likely from the Wuhan biological research lab

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Still trying to wrap my head around the fact that bats and snakes are sold in a food market

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"A new originating in Wuhan, China, that has claimed 17 lives may have been transmitted to people from snakes, according to a genetic analysis. The snakes may have caught the virus from bats in the food market in which both animals were sold.

Their analysis suggests that the new virus looks similar to those found in bats, but is most like viruses seen in snakes, genetically speaking. “Results derived from our sequence analysis suggest for the first time that snake is the most likely wildlife animal reservoir,” they wrote.

“We are excited about this new speculation,” says Haitao Guo at the University of Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania, who reviewed the study. “We need more experimental evidence, but it gives us a clue,” he says.

The new virus may have formed as a result of viruses from bats and snakes combining, which can happen when two types of animal are kept in close quarters, as can happen in food markets, says Peter Rabinowitz at the University of Washington in Seattle.

The virus may then have passed to people through the air, says Rabinowitz. “It’s still speculation, but if the virus is in the secretions or faeces of the snakes, it would be possible to aerosolise and be breathed in if there were enough snakes and enough people,” he says."

"A deadly new has now reached at least 13 countries. As of Monday 27 January, there are 2794 confirmed cases of the virus, while tens of thousands of people are being kept under medical supervision around the world. Eighty-one people have died with the virus, according to latest reports."
-https://www.newscientist.com/article/2231453-new-coronavirus-may-be-much-more-contagious-than-initially-thought/

"The deadly animal-borne coronavirus spreading globally may have originated in a laboratory in the city of Wuhan linked to ’s covert biological weapons program, said an Israeli biological warfare analyst.

Radio Free Asia last week rebroadcast a Wuhan television report from 2015 showing ’s most advanced virus research laboratory, known the Wuhan Institute of Virology. The laboratory is the only declared site in capable of working with deadly viruses.

, a former Israeli military intelligence officer who has studied Chinese biological warfare, said the institute is linked to Beijing’s covert bio-weapons program."

You must be registered to see images

Has anyone been reading news and getting worried over this whole new illness? People travel so much these days, how many can even be tracked. One of the video clips I saw showed people collapsing suddenly.

Has your country issues any alerts or trying to get your people out of China? Are you concern that people returning from there might bring the deceased with them?

Uchiha seeker

Legendary
Kin
2,218💸
Kumi
237💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Its come all the way to Australia waaaaat.
Would that mean that someone travelling back from china has bought back the virus o.o

They also have stopped all league pro games in China as well.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Would that mean that someone travelling back from china has bought back the virus o.o

Apparently symptoms don't manifest until some time later.

It is a bit scary.
I voted for option C.
I went for C as well.

OT: I'm not much into conspiracy theories, but it is highly possible that the Chinese are testing military readiness of their troops. And as a secondary issue deflect attention away from their fake GDP numbers and use the virus to blame. The alleged rate of contagious quailties indicates it's not a normal virus.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Apparently symptoms don't manifest until some time later.

I went for C as well.

OT: I'm not much into conspiracy theories, but it is highly possible that the Chinese are testing military readiness of their troops. And as a secondary issue deflect attention away from their fake GDP numbers and use the virus to blame. The alleged rate of contagious quailties indicates it's not a normal virus.
Yeah symptoms seem to take several days before manifesting...

And yep I don't like conspiracy theories either. But the reports says and I quote, " this new virus may have formed as a result of viruses from bats and snakes combining, which can happen when two types of animal are kept in close quarters, as can happen in food markets,"...

If these are sold in food market traditionally, why it didn't come up ever before... it maybe some new evolution of virus but still the same place having the only known biological research lab too raises believability.

Some countries are trying to track people returning from that Wuhan/China, I read. That, along with virus scare, there is food shortage because of the lockdown etc, so people are trying to flee the city even though government is trying to contain them.

Reactions: salamander uchiha

Uchiha seeker

Legendary
Kin
2,218💸
Kumi
237💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeah symptoms seem to take several days before manifesting...

And yep I don't like conspiracy theories either. But the reports says and I quote, " this new virus may have formed as a result of viruses from bats and snakes combining, which can happen when two types of animal are kept in close quarters, as can happen in food markets,"...

If these are sold in food market traditionally, why it didn't come up ever before... it maybe some new evolution of virus but still the same place having the only known biological research lab too raises believability.

Some countries are trying to track people returning from that Wuhan/China, I read. That, along with virus scare, there is food shortage because of the lockdown etc, so people are trying to flee the city even though government is trying to contain them.
Damn it's like the concentration camp thing again:mad:

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Damn it's like the concentration camp thing again:mad:
Concentration camp? Sounds too harsh. Dunno.
How else can a government even manage such incidents... If the government picks our people from there, I hope they are screened properly. So far over 100 people returning form China have been put under observation here... but then Nepal and Thailand have also reported confirmed cases of coronavirus infections...

Uchiha seeker

Legendary
Kin
2,218💸
Kumi
237💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Concentration camp? Sounds too harsh. Dunno.
How else can a government even manage such incidents... If the government picks our people from there, I hope they are screened properly. So far over 100 people returning form China have been put under observation here... but then Nepal and Thailand have also reported confirmed cases of coronavirus infections...
By here do you mean your country?
Also imma guess india if thats a yes.

Also my auntie sent this to our family chat.
Pls tell ur families, relatives and friends

MOH Health Bulletin to the Public:

The Upper Respiratory Infection affecting China at present is quite serious. The virus causing it is very potent and is resistant to existing antibiotics.

(virus is not bacterial infection hence cannot be treated by antibiotics).

The prevention method now is to keep your throat moist, do not let your throat dry up. Thus do not hold your thirst because once your membrane in your throat is dried, the virus will invade into your body within 10 mins. Drink 50-80cc warm water, 30-50cc for kids, according to age. Everytime you feel your throat is dry, do not wait, keep water in hand. Do not drink plenty at one time as it does not help; instead, continue to keep throat moist. Till end of March, do not go to crowded places, wear mask as needed especially in train or public transportation.

Avoid fried or spicy food and load up vitamin C.

The symptoms/ description are:

1. Repeated high fever.
2. Prolonged coughing after fever.
3. Children are more prone.
4. Adults usually feel uneasy, headache and mainly respiratory related illness.

This illness is highly contagious. Let's continue to pray and wait for further notice about the infection.

Please share.

Last edited:
Reactions: Avani and Sagebee

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
By here do you mean your country?
Also imma guess india if thats a yes.
Yeah.. and number of people put under observation and suspected cases has gone up since I last posted it seems. I suppose whoever is returning from China is being observed.

Yes I got similar message about precautions, too. Though, apparently, it's not issued by our MOH at least. I don't know the source of that message. In fact I tried to look it up but it's unverified so far. It comes from some FB posts too and circulating in more than one country but so far seems fake.

Update:

Since it's still being investigated and sceintist cannot figure out the virus, they continue testing all kind of wild life.

The latest suspect/theory is that the virus has spread from some pengolin..

" Independent scientists questioned research on Friday that suggested that the outbreak of coronavirus disease spreading from China might have passed from bats to humans through the illegal traffic of pangolins.
But James Wood, head of the veterinary medicine department at Britain’s University of Cambridge, said the research was far from robust.
“The evidence for the potential involvement of pangolins in the outbreak has not been published, other than by a university press release. This is not scientific evidence,” he said.

“Simply reporting detection of viral RNA with sequence similarity of more than 99% is not sufficient. Could these results have been caused by contamination from a highly infected environment?”

Pangolins are one of Asia’s most trafficked mammals, despite laws banning the trade, because their meat is considered a delicacy in countries such as China and their scales are used in traditional medicine."

Rebellion of the nearly extinct wildlife against commercialization of their meat and illegal trading... Oh well. Poaching and smuggling of pengolin is a huge issue and let's hope when it's all over China will try to put a stop to such markets now that illegal selling of protected animlas is being highlighted.

In the meantime

Last edited:

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's why Luka killed Jun Lin he came back from the future to try and stop the original coronavirus from his timeline but didn't realize you can't change the future just how you get there and ultimately he's failed.