Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
South Korea's got this. No need for us to get involved.

That said, I think this is really more of an indication of how bad the change of power is going for the new dictator. North Koreans are raised to believe that the world is jealous of its accomplishments, wealth, and overall awesomeness. It is only through the efforts of their great past leaders (such as Kim Jong Il) that the rest of the world has not come strolling in to take everything away (like what happened in the South... or so the propaganda goes).

The context of all of this has been: "The U.S. continues to act aggressively towards us, blah-blah, we will defend ourselves!"

Why broadcast it to us? Simple - to provoke a response that gives them the opportunity to take video and increased diplomatic efforts and twist them for propaganda purposes to show the people that the rest of the world is a pressing concern and distract from internal politics and feuds.

Which does mean that it is possible for the behavior of North Korea to get even more erratic as time goes on. While a nuclear strike against the U.S. is well beyond their technological capability (in terms of ballistic missiles... their warheads are simply too big to be delivered by anything short of a Saturn V - old-style bombs that are just not all that efficient and very bulky). Though it is possible that they could conspire with other interest groups and nations to organize a clandestine strike utilizing a cargo ship or something of the like.

I just wish they'd shit or get off the pot. If they are going to do this, let's go and get it over with. I'll gladly deploy to Korea - an environment I'm much more comfortable with than the sandbox. That, and there's some old friends I have there that I'd like to stop by and say hi to, after helping to save the day, of course.

Argle

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
if North Korea actually makes good on its threats...it will be the end of North Korea. China will abandon them, and USA/South Korea will just stomp them. North Korea be trolling

Cloudbuster

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Watch this and learn why such a thing is impossible:
I watched that ultra patriotic bullshit the first time you posted it about a year ago, and it's not any more amusing now than it was than.
Anyhow, I hope nothing happens to South Korea. I love their movies and manhwa.

shelke

Supreme
Kin
13💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Shit is about to hit the ceiling fan; only this time, literally and politically. USA shouldn't have imposed its self-righteous views on others and if had only created a decent example by not overusing its military might in every damn third world ally way, we wouldn't have this on our hands now.

Watch this and learn why such a thing is impossible:
This paltry patriotic tripe can't be serious, right?

I watched that ultra patriotic bullshit the first time you posted it about a year ago, and it's not any more amusing now than it was than.
Anyhow, I hope nothing happens to South Korea. I love their movies and manhwa.
I agree. Their Manhwas are pretty nice.

Aim64C

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Shit is about to hit the ceiling fan; only this time, literally and politically.
No, we're just leading into Operation Foal Eagle.

Same time. Every. Year.

Ulchi Freedom Guardian is in August.

North Korea always takes these NATO training exercises and tries to use them as propaganda to paint the rest of the world as being jealous of their awesomesauce.

USA shouldn't have imposed its self-righteous views on others and if had only created a decent example by not overusing its military might in every damn third world ally way, we wouldn't have this on our hands now.
If we'd actually had balls enough to push against the soviet advance of territory, directly, then we'd not have this problem, either.

The younger generation of South Americans are learning respect for America. The older generation (that fought in the Korean war) remember our soldiers getting blown in half along the Pusan Perimeter as the scrambled to refuel and re-arm jets that would take off and bomb enemies on the overlooking mountain ridge. The younger ones were getting kind of haughty and idealistic... until North Korea started shelling islands and sinking ships. Then they started to be a little more appreciative of the fact that we have agreed to help them do something about a rampaging North Korea, should such a time come.