[Discussion] Would you consider Current Luffy a Low Top Tier at this point?

OG sama

Veteran
Kin
347💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I’m of the opinion that G4 ever since it’s introduction in Dressrosa, the form has been nothing short of YC1 level in Raw Power. It is for this reason that I believe Oda kept a time limit on the form along with the running away drawback.

You might point to the Cracker battle and say this can’t be the case but G4’s lack of AoE and Crackers ability to mass produce powerful biscuit soldiers on a whim was imo just a bad match up for the form. As Luffys inability to get around the soldiers and hit the real Cracker was pretty apparent. Once the clones were dealt with the form pretty much dealt with Cracker relatively easy.

And if that’s not enough evidence we can check out the battle against Katakuri where upon losing his cool, Katakuri was pushed and knocked around by the form, indicating that it’s power was adequate against a YC1, but he just needed something to bypass Katas Future sight. Which ended up being Future sight of his own and a G4 form more focused on speed than power which ended up getting the job done.

Now upon gaining Advanced CoA, G4 and all it’s forms not just bound mans power has been pretty much taken to a new level and with FS stacked on top Luffy is now ready to go up against a Yonko.

I’m of the opinion that he did all the training he needed to do within the 7-9 day period so his level before the battle and after won’t really change. He became YC1 level upon beating Kata and with Udon prison and Haki training afterwards imo he should be in that space between YC1 and Admiral. Which I and others consider Low Top Tier.

What do you guys think? Agree? Disagree? Is Luffy low Top tier? Or is everyone waiting until after the battle to decide?

• Wow
Reactions: minamoto

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
You had it right when you said "Low top tier" and immediately ruined it with "YC1 level."

Luffy was low top tier with Gear Fourth, and is probably middle top tier now that he has advanced forms for two Colors of Haki.

OG sama

Veteran
Kin
347💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You had it right when you said "Low top tier" and immediately ruined it with "YC1 level."

Luffy was low top tier with Gear Fourth, and is probably middle top tier now that he has advanced forms for two Colors of Haki.
What exactly is middle Top tier? I assume if you are in the middle you might as well be Admiral level and I don’t think he’s as strong as guys like Aokiji or Kizaru right now or even at the end of the arc, I think he’s an Awakening or one more power up away from that level, but he should be able to hold his ground with them extremely well.

I don’t think there’s really a middle Top Tier as I think they all are pretty close together, Low Top tiers are the ones I would say are close but not quite there. Luffy is in my opinion, stronger than a YC1 and in between YC1 and Admiral. My own personal headcannon is telling me this is a level where guys like Ben Beckman and Old Rayleigh are but that’s just me, I can’t prove that with anything. Odas portrayal of Old Ray kinda made him seem like a peer to Kizaru even at his old age, so idk. But I would like to think there’s a noticeable difference in strength between Old and Prime Ray, that would make Old Ray Low Top Tier and Prime a Full fledged Top tier.

I honestly would like your perspective on this.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
What exactly is middle Top tier? I assume if you are in the middle you might as well be Admiral level and I don’t think he’s as strong as guys like Aokiji or Kizaru right now or even at the end of the arc, I think he’s an Awakening or one more power up away from that level, but he should be able to hold his ground with them extremely well.

I don’t think there’s really a middle Top Tier as I think they all are pretty close together, Low Top tiers are the ones I would say are close but not quite there. Luffy is in my opinion, stronger than a YC1 and in between YC1 and Admiral. My own personal headcannon is telling me this is a level where guys like Ben Beckman and Old Rayleigh are but that’s just me, I can’t prove that with anything. Odas portrayal of Old Ray kinda made him seem like a peer to Kizaru even at his old age, so idk. But I would like to think there’s a noticeable difference in strength between Old and Prime Ray, that would make Old Ray Low Top Tier and Prime a Full fledged Top tier.

I honestly would like your perspective on this.
Admirals are top of the top tier, just like Emperors.

OG sama

Veteran
Kin
347💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Admirals are top of the top tier, just like Emperors.
True I definitely agree, I just kinda have in my mind that Roger and Prime WB are like the Top of the top, so if there were levels to being a top tier the Admirals could be in the middle, but yeah your take on this is much better than mine lol.