Would the world be a better place if being mean was illegal?

Yes?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Dunno

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Imagine a law that punishes people for being mean, like smearing a country or bullying religious views.
I know you can argue free speech, that's not really relevant here, I just wonder what do you think the consequence of living in such a world would be?
Please see it as a thought experiment and tell me what you think it would be like, would it feel like the government is invasive? Or perhaps over protective?

Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
People aren't generally mean out of a sense of sadism, usually a sense of anger though. And it will be hard to define when someone is being mean in the first place. Also, being mean has a place in the world, anger is an emotion with utility, if somebody wronged you and you weren't allowed to show your emotion, I think it would create more manipulative and naive people.

Reactions: Chikombo

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
People aren't generally mean out of a sense of sadism, usually a sense of anger though. And it will be hard to define when someone is being mean in the first place. Also, being mean has a place in the world, anger is an emotion with utility, if somebody wronged you and you weren't allowed to show your emotion, I think it would create more manipulative and naive people.
Dude, that seems pretty spot on tbh.
I think gangsters act this way or dictators like North Korea, they cannot handle people attacking them verbally but like starve their own people or something.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No, you would have rebellion and the authoritarian government would end up facing g the guillotine or noose. If being honest (mean) was outlawed the snowflakes would run wild and you would have chaos, the reason for rebellion.

Reactions: Chikombo

Ninjackda

Kin
130💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Maybe life is a balance, you can't prevent people from being mean at the same time it's probably not healthy to be mean all the time.
I agree, there can never be a world with all people being mean to each other or a world where all are good people. Also, I figure it can be quite boring if we only have one side of the coin.

Geano

Kin
57💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It would certainly be a friendlier place. Though being nice, or reciving kindness from another is largely loked upon so positively because of the alternitive of mean people just being mean. Though we have all sorts of emotions for a lot of reasons. The capsitity to be kind as well as mean is within our DNA for a reason. Being mean is largely a defensive reaction. Though some people learn to be meaner than others there by making them mean people, and for other its in their nature. In truth I think self control of ones emotions can help a lot. I think the world is fine in these terms just the way it is just self control for is a big factor.

Morphorous

Kin
809💸
Kumi
21💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It would certainly be a friendlier place. Though being nice, or reciving kindness from another is largely loked upon so positively because of the alternitive of mean people just being mean. Though we have all sorts of emotions for a lot of reasons. The capsitity to be kind as well as mean is within our DNA for a reason. Being mean is largely a defensive reaction. Though some people learn to be meaner than others there by making them mean people, and for other its in their nature. In truth I think self control of ones emotions can help a lot. I think the world is fine in these terms just the way it is just self control for is a big factor.
Yours was on point, but realistically speaking, where did it get us now?