Would Sasuke have been able to defeat Gamabunta in the first VotE fight?

Sasuke vs. Gamabunta

• Sasuke would easily lose after a short time

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Sasuke would use sharingan genjutsu

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Sasuke would escape with substitution

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sasuke would hide and avoid him until Gamabunta's time ran out and Naruto ran out of chakra

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Other

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SkyGodHorus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I remember the first time I watched the fight all those years ago, thinking "come on, summon chief toad to drag his ass back." Lols. I keep running scenarios in my head and the only thing I can come up with is Sasuke escaping the whole fight with a substitution. I doubt a genjutsu would have worked considering Sasuke would have been new to it if he even had it. Plus, Gamabunta would have had Naruto to wake him up, and he's a huge, very experienced warrior in jutsus.

SkyGodHorus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nope. But on the other hand Gamabunta wouldn't be bothered to come fight a child, and Naruto wanted to win by his own merits, not anothers'.
Considering Gamabunta was well aware of who the Uchiha were, accepted Naruto and would have been fighting a nukenin, I doubt it. Learning to summon Gamabunta was one of his merits, just like Sasuke learning chidori was one of his. Summoning is a jutsu. Several characters use it. Sasuke used it to escape Deidara. Kurama too is a separate being lols.

Last edited:

SkyGodHorus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Obviously not, and I agree with Necro on this one. He wanted to keep it a 1v1 (don't give me the fox bs) and bring him back on his own
Why, because it's the truth? Lols.

Lol food cart destroyer reminds me Quina's frog drop from final fantasy 9. I wonder if it was inspired by that.

Last edited by a moderator:

The One Above All

Banned
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sasuke would have still won....

Truth is at that time shown gamambunta didn't show any water jutsu or great swordsmanship only big in size. I'm sure a black chidori from v2 sasukeand there would have been a need for a new chief toad.

Im Still Robin

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The frog wouldn't even been able to be summoned because the fox still hated Naruto, and naruto without the fox would of died a long time ago.

Way before sasuke even turned on his sharingan.. literally base sasuke.

But not really since Orochimaru would of summoned a snake or he would of just killed him with CM2 chidori.

Styles

Legendary
Kin
16💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He never tried.

How hard is it to jump above someone and summon a big ass frog?
No I meant ever since he learned to summon gamabunta he never learned how to summon it properly even in the Gaara fight he couldn't unless I'm missing something.

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No I meant ever since he learned to summon gamabunta he never learned how to summon it properly even in the Gaara fight he couldn't unless I'm missing something.
He did summon it correctly in the Gaara fight. Otherwise he would have died.

The only time Naruto had issues summoning Gamabunta was when his seal was messed up, when he was first learning it or when Gamabunta is busy and sends his sons.

Edit: He also messed up trying to summon Gamabunta for Jiraiya during the necklace arc.

But we all know Naruto's tendacy to get someone done correctly when it matters the most.

I.E. BM,TBB,Rasengan,Rasenshuriken,Summoning were all done correctly in the midst of battle.

Last edited: