Would it be believable if the New Gen...

Claymantan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Surpassed the previous gen? There's a problem with the believability of the new manga here...

Naruto and Sasuke are transmigrants, which explains a lot of their power, aside from Naruto being a Jinchuruki and both of them getting Rikudou chakra (giving Sasuke the Rinnegan, which he wouldn't have otherwise).

Logically, Sarada/Mitsuki/Boruto can't be transmigrants, because Sasuke and Naruto are still alive. Mitsuki gaining a power boost can be explained by whatever genetic modifications Orochimaru made. However, Boruto and Sarada are still, even with their lineage and prodigiousness, regular shinobi. And it's not like Sarada's getting EMS, unless new writer goes insane and kills off Sasuke, or does some other nonsensical plot reach.

Basically, I don't think they can, even with a timeskip where they learn new techniques. Would you be able to believe any possible scenario where Sarada and Boruto become stronger than their parents based on some "chosen one" logic?

The problem with that is that if the manga ever goes to dealing with a large-scale issue on the level of the Pain Arc or War Arc, how can we believe that these three would be able to accomplish something that the original three couldn't on their own? In other words, how could their power ever become necessary and central unless they can surpass the previous generation?

Please discuss.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pumpkin Ninja

Claymantan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Believable- yes, if it's written in then we have no choice to go with it.

Good writing- absolutely not.
Yeah I conflated these two things XD

But I mean like, Kakashi getting DMS wasn't believable for anyone, was it? Even if it was canon/written.

-immortal-

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Maybe they can surpass MS sasuke/ SM naruto

But further then that isn't going to happen.

No one in the new gen is even coming close to BSMnaruto/EMSsasuke

SilverJay

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Two things might happen...either they surpass the previous generation....Boruto is supposed to be the main character after all. He needs to face conflict. So really what kind of conflict can he possibly face that Naruto and Sasuke can't take care of? Already we saw in the Boruto movie that Boruto was fighting against the main villain for some reason. Even though he's just a kid. :rolleyes: And in the gaiden Sasuke and Naruto became rusty. I imagine it'll be like Naruto(Boruto) and Kakashi(Sasuke)'s power relationship. Although Kakashi was really strong for a good while there was a point where Naruto had to take the focus. Another example is when Naruto was the only one capable of stopping Pain. He surpassed the previous generation: Jiraiya.

OR Naruto and Sasuke become main characters again. For example DBZ. After Goku died Gohan was supposed to be the main character but after a while everyone wanted Goku back...so if this happens Boruto and Sarada will be like Goten and Trunks. They are still strong but we never forget that Goku and Vegeta are the real power players.

Aznkidd

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mitsuki just used Sage Mode. ***** Naruto and Sasuke will be surpassed if these ****in' brats keep getting power ups
:lmao: only before the war arc......
After the war arc Naruto and Sasuke (maybe not Sasuke) is on whole different level than the rest. Naruto clones was more than enough :lol

Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Believable yes but only because everyone has more understanding of power that was demonstrated through the war. Genetic testing, sage mode, jinchuriki capability, + the new tech they have, etc.

If they surpassed them when it's supposed to be a time of peace, that would be the dumbest shit ever and I will actually regret reading Naruto for the first time in my life (I'd still read it though). The story of NV should reach it's pinnacle with Naruto and Sasuke. Other wise, the fact the last manga revolved around them so much would be so idiotic.

Why would any good writer allow side stories to be bigger than the actual story?

Reactions: Claymantan

00Rinne

Veteran
Kin
351💸
Kumi
162💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
My thoughts were somewhat the same.. The new gen is way too far behind to keep up with what's in store an Orochimaru's Gaiden prove that. Shin had powers that the new gen couldn't keep up with, Boruto's movie prove the same. Orochimaru & that scientist is the only characters that i can see causing problems.

The new gen will be fine as long as they don't go up against any1 that Naruto/Sasuke had to in their generation cause the power scales won't fit.

Naruto/Sasuke needs to be pushed aside alil bit for the new gen to get it's proper fill of action on the lvl of their generation.

If anything Sasuke/Naruto should deal with Orochimaru & his subjects an the new gen should deal with the scientist an his ninja tools for the untalented because i can see those tools becoming a problem in the political field for Kage's to deal with the future of SHINOBI..

Reactions: Claymantan