[Question] Would if have been better for Bleach...

Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
...if instead of going through the war arc and the whole fullbring bullsh*t, it had ended right here?

You must be registered for see images

Some more would have to have been added to make it more concise, but if we had cut from this to ten years later with Ichigo and Orihime's son possibly setting up with a decent sequel for the whole Soul King aspect that wouldn't have been explored in this scenario being given its proper depth and development?

Mudballman

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Honestly that would have been much better. We got no real closure for the war arc at all besides "the bad guy dies" so I wouldn't really mind if it had never happened. Plus that scan you posted really seems like a manga ender anyway

Calpal

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah, it had such a sad nostalgic feel during that time, kind of like when you get done reading a book, and the journey is over and youre just looking back on the adventure.
it would have been perfect

Reactions: ~Ethereal~

Umari Senju

Legendary
Kin
238💸
Kumi
96💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree that it should have ended there as well. Though Kubo did introduce us to the Quincy early in, and we kept hearing how they were the shinigami rivals so I suppose it was kind of important to tie them in somehow. The problem I saw with it was there were too many all at once. The Quincy should have all been extremely strong...but few in number like the espada. Only a handful of them. And then this whole soul King thing should have begun after the + years time skip to defeat Ichigo and orihime's kid into it somehow as the OP stated.

But, let's be honest. Bleach hasn't been really known for a stellar story. I'm not surprised it ended the way it did with even some of the more popular characters (Nel, Urahara, Yoroichi, etc) being left out.

Tantalus Thief

Elite
Kin
385💸
Kumi
36💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I see your point. War Arc could've been amazing, just like how Marineford was good for One Piece. But Kubo ****ed up big time. Fullbring arc wasn't that bad, it's just that it wasn't meant to have high ass takes or have some seemingly omnipotent Aizen like super villain. It was suppose to be more down to earth and physological. The ending of the FB was really dumb tho. Seriously shinigami just come in and shit all over Fullbringers neg diff. Ginjo and Tsukishima went out well at least. In hindsight, the shinigami shitting all over the fullbringers was inevitable.

Honestly, if I could forsee what would happen in the last arc I'd tell Kubo to end it right after Aizen's defeat with Urahara explaining why he **** is so bad about the SK. This dude is basically a glorified statue but yet Aizen/Yhwach hates him so much. Not to mention, we know pretty much nothing about him.

Last edited:

Forbidden Tale

Veteran
Kin
27💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Better? Yes.
Indeal? No

There were alot of things that needed to be answered after the Arrancar Saga.

On the other hand, war arc brings more questions and little answers for them.

EZQ

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
From that point, the ideal thing would have been start the war saga right away, and not introduce so many new characters (keep the stern rittern below 10 + some nameless fodders) and that way we wouldn't end up with more questions than answers.