[Discussion] Would Gohan have made a better protagonist?

Premfection

Veteran
Kin
1,575💸
Kumi
8,090💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I jumped on the dbz train very late in the game, like 2 years ago.

I absolutely love all of Z and Super but cant help but wonder what the series would be like if it had continued it's original path of making gohan the new main protagonist.

Gohan is my favorite character in dragon ball, and despite that I still love exactly how Z and Super are going now, even tho gohan is significantly more sidelined.

Just wanted to know everyone's thoughts about that.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Gohan would've turned it into a slice of life series. I'm really not sure how the story would work if Gohan becomes Whis' student and so on, but I'm certain the series would have more comedy. Those epic scenes would also still be there. It'd just be Gohan's face instead of Goku's. I guess it'd be better. lol, Piccolo would be filling in for him whenever he's off training.

Premfection

Veteran
Kin
1,575💸
Kumi
8,090💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yea I feel like Goku's obsession with fighting is what is pushing Super along nowadays so it's hard to imagine what itd be like with gohan being the main protag (what with goku causing the tournament ot power to happen)
I feel like Goku would have returned regardless since hes a fan favorite, but Gohan would have a significant power increase over him, like in the cell saga.
But then it comes to question how well fusions like vegito and gogeta would work story wise and if they would overshadow gohan or make gohans power look minuscule. Or if Gohan would have a new rival similar to vegeta who he would fuse with - stuff like that that would keep the show exciting.

-Hades-

Elite
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I agree that lately he got sidelined and it would be good to see him more involved with everything.
But honestly i don't really see him as the protagonist, there is just something about Goku which makes this special.

• Wow
Reactions: minamoto