Jas

Elite
Kin
129💸
Kumi
5,116💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright, so wood release must be something about the user being able to create wood, which can be in all sort of shapes and behave in the way the user wants it to behave. I assume you need water and earth to create wood, right?

Sasori

Legendary
Kin
1,327💸
Kumi
4,657💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes you are correct.

I want you to read this:
Wood Release, or Mokuton, techniques combine Earth Release and Water Release to produce wood. Wood Release techniques can be produced from any source of earth or water and even the user's body, as the user's chakra is literally converted into a source of life. Wood techniques also appear to be extremely resistant to bijū chakra and can even, to some extent, surpress it. Wood Release is commonly affiliated with the Snake hand-seal. Hashirama Senju was the original user of this ability, evidenced by the fact that none of his relatives have been shown capable of using Wood Release. His ability to use these techniques was one of the reasons for him being given the title of the First Hokage, and with Wood Release Secret Technique: Nativity of a World of Trees he was able to grow the trees that served as the literal foundation of Konohagakure. Orochimaru, in his quest to harvest the First Hokage's abilities, injected his DNA into sixty test subjects, and out of the sixty only Yamato survived. This gave Yamato the Wood Release abilities. However, he is not as masterful as the First. Orochimaru also performed a similar procedure on Danzou Shimura by implanting the First's cells in his right arm. While Danzō is capable of using this power at a similar level to Yamato, it appears to drain Danzō more significantly with each usage. It was then discovered that Madara, while presumed dead at Hashirama's hands, somehow survived and managed to implant Hashirama's cells into his chest. By doing this, he eventually gained control over the cells and the ability to use Wood Release, even using techniques known only to Hashirama. After Obito Uchiha got half his body crushed, Madara merged him with a White Zetsu clone to replace his crushed half. By controlling the implanted cells, Obito gained use of Wood Release as well, albeit to a degree much more comparable to Yamato's usage rather than Madara's usage.

It's also important for you to know its Strengths and Weaknessess:
Wood​

Weak to: Lightning which will cut through it, turning it into shreds. Neutral to Fire.

Strong to: Bijuu Chakra, Earth and Water. Wood can infiltrate and break Earth apart while on the other hand its highly resistant to Water. It has also been seen to actually have chakra suppressing abilities against Bijuu and raw Bijuu Chakra techniques like the Menacing Ball or even the chakra shrouds used by Bijuu.

Real through and ask questions

Jas

Elite
Kin
129💸
Kumi
5,116💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I see, I see, so Madara got wood release, Obito, Yamato and Hachirama as well, making them the only wood users in the RP?

I see, interesting, so Wood is neutral to Fire, I thought Fire would be strong against Wood, honestly, but this is indeed interesting. Only element it's weak against, is lightning then, that's dope, honestly!

Strong to Bijuu Chakra? Jesus, even Bijuu Chakra... :argh:

Sasori

Legendary
Kin
1,327💸
Kumi
4,657💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No, they are not the only users. There are also customs bios, but canon wise there is zetsu.

So for this training I want you to analyze the techniques and ask questions.

(Mokuton: Moku no Goku Rendan) - Wood Release: Wood Pole Combo
Type: Offensive
Range: Short
Chakra: 10
Damage: 20
Description: The user creates a thin pole of wood from either the ground or himself. The pole itself can be used as a hand to hand weapon to strike opponents or as a support tool.

A simple technique that requires no hand seals. You basically create a wood pole and its uses are up to you.

(Mokuton: Moku Hasshi no Jutsu) - Wood Release: Wood Projectiles Technique
Range: Short-Long
Description: Focusing chakra into his hands or the ground, the user will make 3 to 4 small (kunai sized) projectiles of wood and propel them against the enemy.

A simple technique that requires no hand seals and only need you to focus your chakra. The good thing is that it can be used from the ground or your hands.

(Mokuton: Mokujin) - Wood Style: Wooden Man
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short-Mid
Damage: N/A (+5 for any hits landed by the dummy)
Description: The user creates a training wooden dummy to help him train or to fight against an opponent.

The uses of this technique are pretty much up to you, but it is essentially like a shadow clone, but it doesn't go poof.

Jas

Elite
Kin
129💸
Kumi
5,116💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I see, alright.

1. This was literally let's you create a pole, made out of wood, that you can use as a weapon or use as a support item, it requires short range to use though, which makes good sense.

2. You can create projectiles out of wood, that you can either use from your hands or the ground. However one thing I realized is that this technique can even up used up to long range, making it possible to spawn projectiles from the ground nearby your opponent, to attack with. Quite useful in a fight if used right.

3. Like stated, can be used in a fight and else just very free to use it however the user desires.

Sasori

Legendary
Kin
1,327💸
Kumi
4,657💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Mokuton: Moku Henge) - Wood Style: Wood Transformation
Chakra: 10 (-5 per turn to keep active)
Damage: N/A
Description: By focusing chakra and performing the Bird → Dog → Snake hand seals, the user makes wood pillars sprout from the ground and cover his whole body, while using chakra to cover it with precision to produce the desired effect. By covering the wood with his chakra the user is able to transform it into another shape or form with increased detail, by using his wood chakra. This is used to create an effect similar to the transformation technique but to a higher degree of detail and realism.

A nice technique that can serve as a defense or another purpose. The user can also use advanced chakra control to form the wood into different shape such as a skeleton's head.

(Mokuton No Jutsu) - Wood Style Technique
Type: Supplementary/Offensive/Defensive
Description: Creates small wood pillars or trees to trap, fight, or defenf with. These can be created from the users own body or from the ground.

A pretty nice technique that allows the user to create mini trees that can be used for a variety of the reasons. The usefulness of this jutsu is dependent on your creativity.

(Mokuton: Mokuchū Noboru) - Wood Release: Wood Pillar Climb
Damage: 30
Description: The user manipulates their wood natured chakra to create a pillar of wood rise up beneath the opponent lifting them into the air.

A new technique that can be used alongside another technique to thrust them into another attack.

Reactions: Jas

Jas

Elite
Kin
129💸
Kumi
5,116💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1. So basically it lets the user transform using wood? Take the shape of whatever they desire... Sounds interesting.

2. Nice, another technique that can be used for fun and games.
3. Like you mentioned, good to utilize for a combo :whip:

We can continue :hypnotobi:

Sasori

Legendary
Kin
1,327💸
Kumi
4,657💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The user doesn't turn into wood they make a shield of wood.

(Mokuton: Mokuchū Sora Kikku) - Wood Release: Wood Sky Kick
Description: The user will attack the opponent multiple times with several punches and kicks before turning their left arm into wood that extends out into a small pillar and pointing towards the ground and then lifting them towards the opponent where they finish them with a kick to the chin lifting them into the air.

A nice technique where the user starts off with a few taijutsu attacks and turns their body into wood to finis their opponent off.

(Mokuton: Sanoru Moku Tate) - Wood release: Threefolds Wood Shield
Type: Supplementary/Defensive
Chakra: 15
Description: The user forms a shield of wood, which consists of three round parts out of his hand. The shield is very durable and can be removed and reconditioned any time the user wants to.

You create a shield quickly and can use it to block taijutsu or other ninjutsu of a small scale.

(Mokuton: Mokujin soujutsu) - Wood Style: Wooden Men Manipulation
Description: The user creates a Wooden Men (similar to the (Mokuton: Mokujin) - Wood Style: Wooden Man technique) that mimics his opponents moves. While it can be created from existing wood, earth or water, its major ability is that if used with Wood Men Coffin it can drain way Chakra from the enemy.

An interesting technique that becomes more useful when paired with another technique. I like that this can be produced from even water.

(Mokuton: Shichuuka no Jutsu) - Wood Release: Four-Pillar House Technique
Description: After doing the Snake → Rat → Ox → Ram → Snake hand seals and focusing chakra into the ground, the user creates a wooden home that can serve as a place to stay or as a defense.

A pretty nice technique that can be used for RP purposes. I see a lot of use for this technique in missions. Just know that this does not have any defensive abilities.

Jas

Elite
Kin
129💸
Kumi
5,116💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1. Can be useful, if used with another Taijutsu technique in the end.
2. A shield, probably going to use it when fight some newer role-players :cali:
3. Drain chakra? :pick:
4. Eyyyyyyyy, I can build lots of wooden houses around the NW :snickering:

Lets continue :hypnotobi:

Sasori

Legendary
Kin
1,327💸
Kumi
4,657💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
3) The chakra drain part is filler because there is no listed amount it can drain.

(Mokuton: Shichūrō no Jutsu) - Wood Style: Four Pillars Prison
Description: The user after performing the required hand seals Ram → Ox → Boar → Snakeconverts chakra into timber under the ground and makes it grow rapidly, while forming it into a wooden prison. The size of the prison is based on the user's imagination. From an insect cage to a great prison, one can make it into whatever they want by regulating the amount of chakra used. The timber itself is treated with a chakra coating, making its destruction extremely difficult. During war, it has the great ability to detain prisoners, but it can also be used as a disciplinary measure for quarrelling subordinates.

A nice technique that can be used corner enemies or to imprison them altogether. No real limit on the size of the prison.

(Mokuton: Moku Hinoki) - Wood Style: Wood of the Japanese Cypress
Description: User creates a wooden pillar that surges at the enemy from below, sending the opponent into the air. As the opponent is airborne, the user creates a second pillar from his arm and slams the enemy from above with it, sending him crushing into the ground pillar.

You basically use this to throw the opponent off guard and into the air. Not likely for the second pillar to hit.

(Mokuton: Moku no Sutokuu Jutsu) - Wood Release: Wood Stocks Technique
Description: The user will create a set of wooden stocks that will then entrap the target binding their movement.

Another short-range binding jutsu.

(Mokuton: Moku Ibara Ringu no Jutsu) - Wood Release: Wood Spike Ring Technique
Description: The user creates a semi-circle of wood around a captured target, and then form spikes within the ring, pointing at the said target, preventing them from making any sudden movements.

Can really limit an opponent's movement.

Jas

Elite
Kin
129💸
Kumi
5,116💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1. No rate limit? So I could literally make a prison covering entire NW? :whip:
2. Interesting one, could be good for a combo attack of some sort :snickering:
3. I can prevent people from moving if they get trapped by it:sigar:

4. They could just free form, jump out of it? Or can I make the spikes as big as I want?

Sasori

Legendary
Kin
1,327💸
Kumi
4,657💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1) It's people like you that get stuff nerfed :rolleyes:
4) You can't free form jump out of any jutsu, and you can make the spikes any size within reason.

(Mokuton: Yarijurin no Jutsu) - Wood Release: Spear Forest Technique
Description: The user will create two tendrils of wood release from their arms in a pushing motion that spins around each other into the target

A handseal-less jutsu that allows the user to produce tendrils from their arms that can be used restrain, constrict, or pierce someone.

(Mokuton: Narande jurin no jutsu) - Wood Release: Lined Forest Technique
Description: The user punches up into the air infront of them to cause two intertwining tendrils to errupt from the ground smashing the target sending them flying a few feet.

Cool how this is executed. Basically creates tendrils which can be used like the above technique.

(Mokuton: San Kyojin Hashira no Jutsu) - Wood Release: Three Giant Pillars Technique
Description: The user creates three large pillars errupt from the ground beneath the target and lifting them into the air.

A good way to push an enemy into an attack.

(Mokuton: Moku Shishoushō) - Wood Release: Wood Stabbing Pillar
Description: Yamato first strikes the opponent with a series of punches and kicks leading to Yamato jumping into the air and releasing from his palm, a spear of wood that is directed into the opponent and driving them into the ground.

A yamato exclusive one.

(Mokuton: Keimusho no Jutsu) - Wood Release: Prison Technique
Description: The user creates a spiraling pillar of wood rise up from the ground and surround the opponent restraining them in place.

Another prison based jutsu.

Jas

Elite
Kin
129💸
Kumi
5,116💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1. Man, we making wood tentacles now :unsure:

2. Tentacles once again:lok:

3. I see, well, these might come in handy. Can you use an "offensive" technique to escape with? I mean, can I use this technique to push myself into the air without applying damage to myself?

4. Dang Yamato...

5. Prison, tentacles... What is next? :ROFLMAO: