Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

Michigan woman died almost immediately after having 16 teeth removed during a trip to the dentist, her family says.

April Walters passed away after having her teeth pulled at Southfield Dental Care. She was being treated for an infection.

"A 46-year-old woman should not die in the parking lot of a dentist's office," her daughter Amber Waddell said.

Walters had the teeth pulled despite the fact that she was feeling anxious, her family said. She was battling a series of health issues, including diabetes, high blood pressure and asthma, and was reliant on an oxygen machine.

"Her heart rate was still 130, the dentist came in, ready to do the procedure," Waddell told the station. "The dental assistant said 'I am waiting for her heart rate to come down.' The dentist said 'We're fine' and the procedure starts."

After Dr. Rana Rabban was done, she told Walters that she should "go to the doctor and get your heart checked on," Waddell said.

Shortly after April's family got her and the oxygen tanks into the car, she started having trouble breathing. It was thought that the oxygen tanks had run out, so they got more oxygen from the dentist's office.

That didn't seem to work, and Waddell said that no one from the office knew CPR.

"When the dentist came out she started yelling 'I told you to take her to the hospital' so I yelled back at her 'I have to get her in the car in order for that to happen,''.

They called an ambulance, but Walters could not be revived. Heartbroken family members say an autopsy will be done, and the dentist's office is investigating.

"Our hearts go out to the family and our prayers," dentist Chad Wise told the station. "We are looking at everything that happened that day."

Aquaglow

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Michigan woman died almost immediately after having 16 teeth removed during a trip to the dentist, her family says.

April Walters passed away after having her teeth pulled at Southfield Dental Care. She was being treated for an infection.

"A 46-year-old woman should not die in the parking lot of a dentist's office," her daughter Amber Waddell said.

Walters had the teeth pulled despite the fact that she was feeling anxious, her family said. She was battling a series of health issues, including diabetes, high blood pressure and asthma, and was reliant on an oxygen machine.

"Her heart rate was still 130, the dentist came in, ready to do the procedure," Waddell told the station. "The dental assistant said 'I am waiting for her heart rate to come down.' The dentist said 'We're fine' and the procedure starts."

After Dr. Rana Rabban was done, she told Walters that she should "go to the doctor and get your heart checked on," Waddell said.

Shortly after April's family got her and the oxygen tanks into the car, she started having trouble breathing. It was thought that the oxygen tanks had run out, so they got more oxygen from the dentist's office.

That didn't seem to work, and Waddell said that no one from the office knew CPR.

"When the dentist came out she started yelling 'I told you to take her to the hospital' so I yelled back at her 'I have to get her in the car in order for that to happen,''.

They called an ambulance, but Walters could not be revived. Heartbroken family members say an autopsy will be done, and the dentist's office is investigating.

"Our hearts go out to the family and our prayers," dentist Chad Wise told the station. "We are looking at everything that happened that day."
That is heartbreaking! :sniff: Poor woman!

TenseiganFTW

Veteran
Kin
229💸
Kumi
39💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

She got her teeths removed in 1 day only?
That would be too much.What the hell

Claymantan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah, I've never heard of a dentist that would even try to remove like, four teeth in a day. She must have been about to die or something :| Or this dentist is from a cartoon

Horrifying story, either way :|

Reactions: TNC Xlll

Pukkake Pokayo

<div class="bbWrapper"><blockquote class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-title"> <a href="/goto/post?id=20430523" class="bbCodeBlock-sourceJump" data-xf-click="attribution" data-content-selector="#post-20430523">Legendary Saiyan said:</a> </div> <div class="bbCodeBlock-content"> <div class="bbCodeBlock-expandContent"> I feel bad for laughing at this. </div> <div class="bbCodeBlock-expandLink"><a>Click to expand...</a></div> </div> </blockquote>I don't feel much better for typing it XD</div>

wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

It shouldve been xXxDeRPMon1c_[MLG]360XxX

OT: why so many teeth? she putting on a new grill? also.. those health issues suggest that shes obese. The doctor isnt to blame just because someone decided to get their teeth pulled

NineSNS

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The article mentions an infection - gum infections can cause people to lose all their upper or lower teeth. Since this person had so many other health problems, it sounds like that was the case for her.

And I can't believe nobody in a dental office knew CPR. How tragic!

Condolences to her family.

~Ethereal~

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This is how Chie is going to be towards Conspirator, when I summon her to open his mouth as punishment.
But really, this is so messed up and insane, shame on the dentist.

Reactions: BLAZE

DominiqueX

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
He's a dentist not a doctor so of course he wouldn't know cpr.....
What? xD
Of course a dentist is a doctor, a mouth-doctor to be more exact. A dentist works in a medical facility and uses anesthetics, so of course a person in this position has to be able to do CPR, like literally any person on this planet should be able to.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What? xD
Of course a dentist is a doctor, a mouth-doctor to be more exact. A dentist works in a medical facility and uses anesthetics, so of course a person in this position has to be able to do CPR, like literally any person on this planet should be able to.
He has assistants that handle the amount of medicine and what not the only thing he does is the actual mouth work. And if something goes wrong such as the patient dying the one who is responsible is the one administering medicine. And the person in control of medicine is supposed to know how much medicine to apply as well as the correct one.
Basically he/she isn't trained in it because no one is supposed to need it he/she is only trained in mouth work and the issues one's mouth can have.
So at what point would CPR be needed for a dentist?

DominiqueX

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
1. every person on this planet should know how to use CPR, because you always can get involved in a situation where it is needed.
2. When someone works with medicine and especially anesthetics, the person has to be prepared for the case when it goes wrong, when a person is in serious danger.

Besides that, the dentist in this case ignored the unhealthy state of his patient, as well as the concerns of his assistant. Of course he is to blame for what happened.