Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well, youth is one thing, but there's Taijutsu for everyone out there... somewhere.
You're new to this, I assume? So we'll be taking things from scratch?

Explain to me; what is Taijutsu?

Byakuya K

Veteran
Kin
8💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Taijutsu is hand to hand combat that may or may not utilize chakra and weapons. Instead of it being focused on chakra, Taijutsu focuses on the natural strength, stamina and endurance of the user. But at the same time, Taijutsu can be deadly when used in conjunction with ninjutsu (the Hyugas or Raikage)

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Taijutsu is hand to hand combat that may or may not utilize chakra and weapons. Instead of it being focused on chakra, Taijutsu focuses on the natural strength, stamina and endurance of the user. But at the same time, Taijutsu can be deadly when used in conjunction with ninjutsu (the Hyugas or Raikage)
Certainly. Taijutsu used alongside Ninjutsu is called Nintaijutsu. Simple, I know, but there it is.
There are many ways in which to use Taijutsu. The art is versatile. Sometimes techniques will cost chakra, include Ninjutsu elements or even Genjutsu elements... and other times they will do none of these things. There is a Taijutsu technique for all situations, but the question is whether that technique is the best response to the situation at hand or not. We have to remember that the overwhelming majority of all Taijutsu is restricted in its range. You can only extend your kicks and punches so far.

Take a look at the D-ranked Taijutsu list. Tell me your immediate thoughts and pick out a favorite.

Byakuya K

Veteran
Kin
8💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
My immediate thoughts are that the D-rank moves are all very simple. However, even though they are low ranked moves, Elite ninja like Might Gai and Rock Lee are able to use them to deadly effects. My favorite would have to be Konoha Senpu because it is versatile by faking a high kick so the opponent focuses on that and not notice the low kick and make it harder to dodge.

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Konoha Senpu is nice, but the most common trait across the D-ranks is the lack of chakra cost. That means you can perform them simultaneously with a Ninjutsu/Genjutsu technique. Two simultaneous attacks. That's what we are here for; Taijutsu is something you use to pressure your opponent from multiple fronts.

Perform Konoha Senpu for me, please.

Byakuya K

Veteran
Kin
8💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
-Byakuya faces a clone situated in front of him. He then charges towards said clone and with the momentum of his speed, Byakuya jumps up and sends a spinning kick towards the clone. The clone instinctively ducks and as the clone does so, Byakuya uses the momentum of the first kick to continue spinning but this time, lowers his leg to where the clone ducked kicking him square in the chest.-

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Alright. In a normal fight you would not be able to dictate your opponent's response, so the 'instinctive ducking' is actually totally up to the opponent. It sucks, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Now, tell me, is there a technique on the D-rank list that you find unuseable? That is; which one is your least favorite?

Byakuya K

Veteran
Kin
8💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alright. In a normal fight you would not be able to dictate your opponent's response, so the 'instinctive ducking' is actually totally up to the opponent. It sucks, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Now, tell me, is there a technique on the D-rank list that you find unuseable? That is; which one is your least favorite?
I understand. But after checking the list, I don't think anything is not usable. I don't have a least favorite either, I think each of those moves can be very useful if used correctly.

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I understand. But after checking the list, I don't think anything is not usable. I don't have a least favorite either, I think each of those moves can be very useful if used correctly.
I agree with that sentiment. The D-ranks are just so general in their description that they can be shaped to fit the needs of the user. They are, however, still weak.
Describe the advantages and disadvantages of (Fōringu Hōyō) Falling Embrace for me, please.

Byakuya K

Veteran
Kin
8💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree with that sentiment. The D-ranks are just so general in their description that they can be shaped to fit the needs of the user. They are, however, still weak.
Describe the advantages and disadvantages of (Fōringu Hōyō) Falling Embrace for me, please.
I believe that the advantage of this move is that if I were to be in short distance of an opponent and they were in the middle of weaving hand seals for a jutsu, I can stop them with this technique and go for ground and pound. However, the disadvantage is that I might be running straight into a trap or a jutsu of theirs and screwing myself up the butt.

Byakuya K

Veteran
Kin
8💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree. Consider D-ranks learned.

Now, C-ranks. Pick a technique and analyze it for me. Perform it, too.

Facing a clone of Sensei, Byakuya rushes towards the clone and tackles him to the ground. As the clone loses his breath from the tackle, Byakuya raises an open palm and with all of his strength he thrusts the palm right into the clone's chest fracturing the ribs and dispersing it immediately.

I think it's a simple striking to an enemy to knock the wind out of them

(Fōringu Hōyō) Falling Embrace
Type: Offensive
Range: Short
Chakra cost: N/A
Damage points: 20
Description: The user runs at the enemy and tackles them, slamming them into the earth.

(Asshō) - Pressure Palm
Type: Attack
Chakra cost: N/A
Damage points: 30
Description: The user strikes their opponent with a downwards thrust striking them to the floor.

Last edited:

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Simple, right? But that's the appeal of a technique like that. No chakra cost and simple in its execution. Just a simple, but powerful strike that has the potential to incapacitate your opponent.

My favorite technique among the C-ranks is Suiken. Can you guess why?

Byakuya K

Veteran
Kin
8💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Simple, right? But that's the appeal of a technique like that. No chakra cost and simple in its execution. Just a simple, but powerful strike that has the potential to incapacitate your opponent.

My favorite technique among the C-ranks is Suiken. Can you guess why?

I think it may be because it's not too much of a technique but it is a style itself. It's not straightforward like all of the other techniques. It doesn't say what the attack looks like so there's no way of predicting it. Also, it can go up to 12 moves.

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

I think it may be because it's not too much of a technique but it is a style itself. It's not straightforward like all of the other techniques. It doesn't say what the attack looks like so there's no way of predicting it. Also, it can go up to 12 moves.
It's not so much the amount of attacks, but indeed the versatility of the technique. It is not straightforward, as you mention. The technique can be used a number of different ways, for both offensive and defensive purposes.
The one clone-requiring technique in the bunch, Naruto Barage. What do you think about it?

Byakuya K

Veteran
Kin
8💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's not so much the amount of attacks, but indeed the versatility of the technique. It is not straightforward, as you mention. The technique can be used a number of different ways, for both offensive and defensive purposes.
The one clone-requiring technique in the bunch, Naruto Barage. What do you think about it?
I think of it as highly effective because there are 4 clones meaning that even if my opponent were to dodge one or two of the clones, there are two more making it difficult to get away from all of them. It has a high hit ratio I think as opposed to you just attacking.

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think of it as highly effective because there are 4 clones meaning that even if my opponent were to dodge one or two of the clones, there are two more making it difficult to get away from all of them. It has a high hit ratio I think as opposed to you just attacking.
Clones could be used for better purposes, don't you think? A few good techniques could be used simultaneously. Oh well.
Talk to me about this technique, Defensive Crane:
(Shubi Kurēn) Defensive Crane
Type: Defensive/Offensive
Chakra: N/A
Damage: 30
Description: A very advanced and complex defensive form, the Defensive Crane allows the user to divert the path of incoming attacks with the back of his hands, using circular and wide movements that expand outwards. He can intercept weapons or incoming taijutsu attacks. The technique is best used when facing an opposing Taijutsu move by diverting the incoming limb to one side and combo the defensive stance with an attack, exploiting the opening created.
Could you find any use for it? When? Why? How?

Byakuya K

Veteran
Kin
8💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Clones could be used for better purposes, don't you think? A few good techniques could be used simultaneously. Oh well.
Talk to me about this technique, Defensive Crane:
(Shubi Kurēn) Defensive Crane
Type: Defensive/Offensive
Chakra: N/A
Damage: 30
Description: A very advanced and complex defensive form, the Defensive Crane allows the user to divert the path of incoming attacks with the back of his hands, using circular and wide movements that expand outwards. He can intercept weapons or incoming taijutsu attacks. The technique is best used when facing an opposing Taijutsu move by diverting the incoming limb to one side and combo the defensive stance with an attack, exploiting the opening created.
Could you find any use for it? When? Why? How?

I think that this is a very useful technique defending against taijutsu. Why? I would personally use this technique because this move is like a two for one deal. It is not just a simple block, it is a block that contorts the opponents body in a way that creates an opening for an attack at the same time. How? Well if the opponent has come close to me enough to the point where I could use the defensive crane, I would push and pull a limb (leg or arm) to one side so that not only would he be open to a taijutsu counter, but also a close range ninjutsu attack.

ZK

Legendary
Kin
821💸
Kumi
46,283💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think that this is a very useful technique defending against taijutsu. Why? I would personally use this technique because this move is like a two for one deal. It is not just a simple block, it is a block that contorts the opponents body in a way that creates an opening for an attack at the same time. How? Well if the opponent has come close to me enough to the point where I could use the defensive crane, I would push and pull a limb (leg or arm) to one side so that not only would he be open to a taijutsu counter, but also a close range ninjutsu attack.
Exactly! Plus you could use a freeform Tai attack. The possibilities are endless.
Now, let's imagine for a moment that I'm a bad guy that you're fighting. Short range. Attack me using Ninjutsu and any of the C-ranked techniques on the list. Let's see if you can come up with a good combination.